16th August 2011

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by doddi92, Oct 15, 2010.

1. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Who else?! I need a flight buddy! ;D

2. abnorman

abnorman New Member

I can't be your flight buddy, 'cuz I'm coming from South Africa, but at least we can be arrival date buddies.

Yay! Congrats.

3. abnorman

abnorman New Member

Soooooooooooooooo long to wait, by the way :)

I'm Brett, I'll be a Savanna Guide at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You?

4. linsey

linsey New Member

August 16th right here :)

I'll probably be flying from Edinburgh though, if that makes a difference, and probably go out a few days beforehand too. :)

5. abnorman

abnorman New Member

Ah, I see what they've done - they're bringing all the super cool kids in on one day...

6. linsey

linsey New Member

Clearly,
    especially since August is the best time to go over. You get the tail end of summer, you are either in service for free dining plan time or at least by candlelight, then at the other end you get a full summer of service plus you'll be there at the perfect time to get Christmas and July 4th perks sent to you!

7. abnorman

abnorman New Member

No service (and accompanying tips) for us Savanna Guides :(

But can't wait for Halloween, Christmas, July 4th, etc, etc, etc. (etc).

8. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I'll be flying from London somewhere! ;D It's sooo long away though :(

Ohhh, and I'm Myah and I'll be working in F&B :)

9. linsey

linsey New Member

If anyone wants any help when it comes to the prep just let me know too since I've done it before so I think I'm mostly prepared for what to expect for arrival! I'm going to go out early, mainly because my family and I want to take part in a run the weekend before that... the timing is perfect.

Plus I need the few days to renew my driver's license and buy a car. whoop!

10. abnorman

abnorman New Member

You can be our resident guru then...

What exactly does the Florida license driving test entail? A full on road/parking/theory test? Or a bit simpler? I think one driving test might be enough for one lifetime in my case.

Think I'm going to go out a couple of days early as well, just to get things sorted. Also, it's a whole £400-£500 cheaper for me to go from South Africa to the Middle East and then to America, so I'll need some time to recover from the many hours of air travel. :-[

11. daria

daria Member

Hey thats my start date as well, I will be flying from either glasgow or edinburgh and will prob try and get out a few days earlier as well so that I can get sorted and calm myself down once I am there.
    I'm so excited!!!!

12. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Another person ;D I unfortunately wont be able to afford going a few days early, I'm hoping to arrive midday! How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm only 18 :-\

13. daria

daria Member

im 21, will be 22 by that point tho, so where u from? well the plan is to go a bit early but will need to wait and see, it really is all down to price tbh.

14. linsey

linsey New Member

The USA driving test you do a theory part first (is state specific so you need to know read the Florida State Driving handbook) and it's out of 20. You need to get 15 right so it will also stop the test as soon as you hit 15.

Then you do the driving test itself. If you have a license from another country it's pretty simple. You need to be able to park forward into a coned bay without hitting the cones, reverse out... then you need to do a hill start, you need to reverse 50 feet without using mirrors and you do an emergency stop. Apart from that it's your basics they check for like indicating and using mirrors. They tend to do the tests in either a large car park or in a very quiet suburban area (which is where I did mine).

15. linsey

linsey New Member

I'll be 28 when i go out, first time I did the programme I was 24. I'm just lucky because I have family who live there so when I go out early I'll just be staying with them for a few days first!

16. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Lucky you!

There doesn't seem many people with this date?

17. linsey

linsey New Member

not yet anyway. They originally said that we'd only be given dates through June yet they've got Aug and Sept dates given out. I wonder if they wanted to do an overspill on us because we were all so good, lol!

18. abnorman

abnorman New Member

I'm sure there's a few more African CRP's going on this date, but none of them seem to know about this site... We got given dates for the whole year, and there's about 90 of us, so there must be at least one or two more :)

I'm finding myself glancing at cool bedspreads (Batman, anyone?) on walmart.com when I get bored. 10 more months of that? Sheesh.

19. daria

daria Member

I never even thought of going onto the walmart website to see what to buy. good idea

20. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I thought the same! I'll have a little look!