27th Feb (for the 28th people)

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ellen101, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Hey all my fellow interviewees

For those of us who'll be in the capital the night before the interview on the 28th, I know there was some talk of us going out to eat or drink (or both!), so where would we all like to go??

Emma and I have discussed TGI Fridays in Covent Garden.....anyone else got ideas?

Ellen xxxx :D

2. emma

emma New Member

I fully secong the TGI frodays motion as A) its fit
    B) its american
    C) need i ahve another??
    any more alternatives wed love to hear!! xx

3. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

As a lot of people are staying at Novotel maybe we could meet up in the foyer/bar there and sort it out when we're all together?

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

it was more out of curiousity over peoples tastes rather than any great need to make a decision....

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I def think you should try and plan ahead!! When we interviewed back in November we ended up wandering around for ages looking for somewhere to eat!!! Really wish we'd had some idea of where we wanted to go beforehand!!

Btw - i think you should so go to TGIs covent garden - let me know if that cute barman is still there  ;)

Michelle xx

6. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Maybe I could get a proper photo of him this time!!! :D all hail yummy bar man!! :D

Ellen xxx

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

You should!!!! I dont think everyone quite understood just how gorgeous he was!!! ;)

8. Izzy

Izzy New Member

Hi Guys :)

I don't mind going to TGI Fridays. I've never been there before but I looked on the website and they do veggie food and Ben and Jerry's ice cream so I'm quite happy!

If people don't want to go out for a meal how about going to a pub? I think there's a Wetherspoons near the hotel somewhere.

Izzy

9. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

hi guys..

TGI'S sounds good to me..i was gonna suggest that,but you got there first ellen ;)

the food is soo good,and if this barman is as cute as your all saying,then we'll have a brilliant night!!he he!! so count me in

love stephxxx

10. helen

helen New Member

Hey everyone,

Yeah TGI sounds a great idea, it will get us a in a american mood!!! ;D ;)
    Does anyone know haw far covent garden is from hammersmith?
    We should just meet up in the bar of hotel then get a couple of taxi.

Can't wait now guys!! ;D

Helen x

11. emma

emma New Member

hell for the real london experience we have to tube it!! i defo want be drinkin as im rough enough of a morning but whatever!

12. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Taxis in london are the best...London cabbies are great (just like charlie in Eastenders! :D), but getting the tube might be more economical....on the other hand, if we were sharing....maybe it would be ok

Hammersmith isn't too far from Covent Garden...in order of places you've got hammersmith, then knightsbridge (Harrods), Hyde Park, Oxford Street, Picadilly Circus, leicester square and then covent garden....does that make sense? :-\ so, actually, yeah, it is pretty far!! ::)

Ellen xxx

13. helen

helen New Member

Well this sounds like it will be a experience ;)

You guys will know better that me which way would be best to get there,
    I'm up for whateva.

Helen x :)

14. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

the one thing i remember more than anything bout my first interview is the tube...loves it!

xx

15. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Is everyone really fascinated with the London Underground?.....I guess it IS a thing in London that seems quite unique....but my town is on the underground so I don't see it myself! ::) especially not in rush hour!! thank god we're going to be there on a sunday...when hopefully it won't be so busy!!  ;D

Ellen xxx

P.S. Check out my ticker factory thing!!! YAY!!! :D can't wait til it's over!! :D

16. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha yeah im rather fancinated by it to be honest!

xx

17. loops_li

loops_li New Member

yeah, definately up for summit to eat (and drink) on the 27th. Don't know where I'm gonna be stayin yet tho, prob the holiday inn. I don't care where we go to eat, TGI's sounds good to me though!

18. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

hi guys..just a quick little letter to let you know im staying at the dalmacia hotel,its only 5 mins from the novotel,so ill have to meet you in the reception area when we go out if thats ok....

im well excited now!!! see you all soon xxxxxx

19. helen

helen New Member

Yeah i think that would be the best idea to meet in the reception or sumwhere b4 we go for a meal/drink then at least we are all together, Because I for 1 have no idea how to get anywhere in London! ;D

Helen x

20. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Hey everyone
    Def up for TGIs- really have to try and see if cute barman is there again! Mmmmm cocktails- though more restraint will be needed cp to ddo- but we were so late eating!
    TTFN
    Charlotte x