6 Month Program?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Emi, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Emi

Emi New Member

On another site I go on one of the user's daughters is going over to do a 6month program in Epcot. Its not the new hospitality program and she's not alumni - what program is she going to do?

Maybe I'm just being a bit dense but I can't for the life of me think what she was doing. I thought the only 6 month one was the new program. She's also going in May if she makes it, if that makes sense?

2. Nina

Nina New Member

I duno, Seasonal??

3. acp

acp New Member

Sounds like the seasonal program, which goes from May-November.

4. Emi

Emi New Member

Ah okay. I didn't even know there was a seasonal program! :D Learn something new every day. :D

5. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

hey emi chick :)

thats the one that all the f2f interviews are for on the 12th and 13th of this month i think!

6. Emi

Emi New Member

Hey girl. :D

Yeah I think it must be. I'm having a MASSIVE panic attack about this phone interview. It sounds so stupid but I'm drawing a blank on what to say about my culture and heritige. And I'm obviously really proud to be Scottish but can't articulate why! ??? :D

7. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

The main thing about the phone interview is - SMILE when you're talking!! You can really tell you're smiling in your voice :) Maybe for the Scottish thing, talk about your favourite part of Scotland or your friends or something? They'll want what makes you who you are, not some bog standard answer ;)

Hope this helps, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

8. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

I know this is probably different since I inteviewed in Canada, but in my phone interview they asked stuff like "How would you handle a guest who wasn't satisfied with their meal" "What would you say if a guest asked you where a good place to vacation in Canada was" Stuff like that. I'm thinking the European interviews are probably simillar type questions? Yes, SMILE SMILE SMILE. Also, I stood up 'cause I tend to be more attentive and alert when I'm standing rather then lounging in my chair, feet up, trying to impress an interviewer. Your physical demenour definately affects how you come across on the phone.

9. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

SMILE WHILE YOU DIAL is what we say at work... well obviously you're not dialing, but you get the idea! :D ;D :)

10. Emi

Emi New Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure I kept the smile going the whole way through. At my work we're encouraged to smile when answering the phone too - and since I manage a switchboard, that could make for some cramping cheeks at the end of the day. ;)

Its difficult though, my phone interview just kind of went like a blur. I thought I'd done okay at the time but now I'm just over analysing it and worried there were things I said they might take the wrong way or things I missed out.

Oh well I did my best so I guess we'll see in March. :D

11. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I'm really overanalysing and thinking what if. I'm so stupid aswell, in my first year, in my flat i lived with 2 indian guys, 2 chinese, one japanese, one russian and another english. I DIDN'T EVEN THINK to mention it when she asked m about living with different cultures. One guy used to pray on a rug in our corridoor, and because they were friends it never even occured to me to talk about them as different cultures.