9th October Interview- London

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by charlie_goofy, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Hiya! My name's Charlie, I'm 20 years old, on monday 9th october i have an interview with disney for their cultural representive programe. I was wondering if anyone else was going to the same interview as well! mail back and let me know, charlie :)

2. MikeJ

MikeJ New Member

hey!

I'll be there on monday, bright and early (8.30?! crazy!)

My names Mike, I'm 21 :D

3. gemuffle

gemuffle New Member

Hey,
    I'm Gemma and I'm 21 from Cardiff - will be at the interview.

4. naiades06

naiades06 New Member

hey hey, yep me too on the 9th of october ;)

nervous to a good 110% already.

rose :)

5. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL ON MONDAY!!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed ok!!!!! :) xxx Kerry xxx

6. rachet

rachet New Member

I second that! have fun ;D

7. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

yeah good luck guys!

let us know how it went!

8. Corinna

Corinna New Member

Good luck & see you in Florida guys!!! ;)

9. msep003

msep003 New Member

How was your interview . It's suppose to be now .

Good luck to you .

10. hi all!!!
    who got the job??
    i did....
    congrats to you all who go the job, sorry to all those who didn't!! i had such a wicked day, seeing the big mouse and meeting everyone!!!
    hope ur all ok, let me know wot happens...
    charlie :)

11. Jar

Jar New Member

What were the interviews like?

Giant mouse...? ???

12. gamecube1984

gamecube1984 New Member

Hey guys

I was there on the 9th - just found out today that I have been put on the waiting list so (hopefully) will be joining the rest of you lucky people in florida next year!

Stephen

13. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

whats a waiting list?? does that mean that you have been accepted but dont have a start date?? or does it mean that your on the short list if any one backs out??? XX

14. naiades06

naiades06 New Member

hey hey

i too will be heading to Disney, 6th of feb!! ;D

soooo excited.

anyone else get accepted from 9th october ?

rose ;)

15. gamecube1984

gamecube1984 New Member

I'm on the short list in case anyone backs out. I don't see why someone would want to but it could happen

**UPDATE 23/10/06** - just had an email from Yummyjobs saying I may still be in with a chance of a place in disney this year after I emailed to query the "waitlist" email - fingers crossed I'll be joining you in Feb!​

16. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

ah i see. well i hope that you get in at some stage!!! i have my F2F in 2 weeks time in glasgow - really nervous about it to be honest - could all of you guys who have been lucky enough to get in give me some advice?! like,what sort of questions should i expect? do they require you to be more professional or more relaxed?? just dont have a clue what to expect!!!! ive heard that some people have found the telephone interview worse than the F2F - this true????????

XX Kerry XX

PS: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU LUCKY PEOPLE WHO GOT IN!!!!!!!!!! ;D

17. gamecube1984

gamecube1984 New Member

Good luck with the interview!

The best piece of advice would be to be yourself! They can tell straight away if you are being fake with them. Don't be nervous - I was terrified, but afterwards realised I had nothing to be worried about. They are really nice and friendly!

The phone interview is MUCH worse than the F2F - even though they can keep you waiting ages (interviews at mine started at 10.30 - mine was at 3.30!)

They will ask you what position you'd prefer (that will be on a seperate sheet you take in, so don't worry too much about that), they'll ask about previous experiences, why you want it etc., and they may ask you for an historical fact from where you are from so start thinking! Just make sure you get your dates right - I didn't! :'(

Just be yourself, look smart, and put across how much you want to be there! Disney will do the rest! Just go there and enjoy yourself - not everyone can say they had an interview with Disney!

Steve - if anyone wants to chat on msn about the interviews - add me! gamecube1984@hotmail.co.uk

***CONGRATS TO THE LUCKY ONES - HOPE I'LL BE JOINING YOU AT SOME POINT!***​

18. Hey everyone!! Congrats to all who got through, i'm still in shock now!! good luck to stephen, don't worry it'll happen, just keep thinking positively!!
    at hammersmith, london, when you walk into the reception area of disney, there is a huge mickey mouse, with silver shiney bits all over him!! its amazing, watch out for it!!!
    see you all soon
    charlie :D

19. gamecube1984

gamecube1984 New Member

I'm being as positive as I can ;D - hopefully Mickey is listening! As the saying goes: "When you wish upon a star - your dreams come true!"

Congrats to all again - good luck to those waiting for interviews or results!

Steve :D

20. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

thank you to everyone for being SO nice and giving so much advice!!!! i had my interview on Thursday - i think it went ok...... we were interviewd in pairs and this threw me slightly - i got a bit nervous and managed to fluff up a few of my answers!!!! but i think i did ok! Just a case of wait and see now i guess ...... they said it will be about a 3 week wait before we hear from them ..... NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!! fingers crossed tho!!!!
    Kerry xx