Accepted on Disney ICP - Arrival August 19th - Role Hopper

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Eclipsed, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Eclipsed

Eclipsed New Member

Feeling pretty good about this. Haven't had any second thoughts... xD

The only this that worries me is having to change rooms, because I'll be 20 when I arrive and then turn 21 in September, everybody's pretty worried about the alcohol policy, so worried they kind of managed to worry me (teachers were like "oh no - you're doomed") xP

Anywaaaaaaays, Portuguese students coming through!! ;D

Can't wait.

Oh, btw - I'll be working as role hopper. What can you tell me about this job? :)

2. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Hey-
    I turn 21 down there as well (my bday is july 23rd and im there til august 8th)
    But im pretty sure you dont change rooms. The underage are in the "wellness" buildings, but even if you are of age, you can request to be in the non-wellness buildings, which means you can be of age and living with other people who are underage. Some people who are of age will request this simply because they dont want to be around alcohol.
    As for people worrying about the alcohol policy.... what exactly are they worrying you about? Dont drink where youre not supposed to and you'll be fine. (Just dont get caught! lol)

On the other hand, if you WANT to have alcohol with you once you hit the 21 mark, then you should make this known and ask to switch so that you dont get in trouble for having alcohol where youre not supposed to.

3. Eclipsed

Eclipsed New Member

I pretty much like the idea of not having alcohol at home... Actually, if I like my room mate I probably won't ask to switch buildings.

I guess the reason why people were so worried is that I might be framed in some silly social interaction like "Dude, I have to go to the restroom, hold my beer *hands it to me*" - That alone could put me in trouble. And I don't feel like going home because of something of that sort.

I'm thinking: if I feel like drinking, I'll do it out of the wellness buildings (when I hit 21,of course). In my country people are allowed to drink once they're 16, if I wanted to get drunk I really didn't need to go to Disney World, I pretty much had my share of drinking) ;D

So what is your role there, Tink?

4. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

hey there, i am going out on the 19th also, i had added a post on the accepted part alittle while ago, there seems to be a good amount of us going on that date, i am doing 6months operations and 6 months merch, the only problem i could see you having is that you would have been living with your room mates for a month and you may become really good friends with them so it may be hard on you to start over again, but if you want to move you just need to ask them, you should be ok tho. Sean

5. Eclipsed

Eclipsed New Member

I do agree with you, I'm way more focused on making friends, do well on whichever job I may be performing and, of course, academically. So, as I said before, if I really get along with the people in my house, why switch buildings? ;D

Hope you have a good time there!

6. RolfCarle

RolfCarle New Member

Wait a minute!!! You're from Coimbra!!! And you're going to Disney!!!
    Well, I start to think that we're going to invade the WDW!!! ;D
    My name is João and I'm from Coimbra too... and of course i'm going to Disney on August 19th too!!!
    Whaaaaaaaaat a Niceeeeeeeeeeeee ;D

P.S.: But I know all the people who goes to Disney from UC and I don't know you.. You're from another School?!

7. Eclipsed

Eclipsed New Member

Heyyy,

Eu sou de Coimbra, mas estive no Porto 2 anos e meio a tirar curso de Marketing e Publicidade, agora surgiu esta oportunidade, é agarrar e ir!
    Toma o meu mail se me quiseres adicionar no msn pra falarmos um bocadito: eclipsedluna@hotmail.com

Beijo.
    Xana

8. RolfCarle

RolfCarle New Member

9. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I'm assuming you're just going to be in many different roles!
    Send the hiring agency a email asking them about it!

I have never heard of a role hopper though!

10. Manu

Manu New Member

Just 6 weeks until we meet, I think. I'm from Coruña, in Spain, not too far from Coimbra.

See ya! :D