Accepted! Yay! J1-Academic August 19th!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Heidi85, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

I've been accepted into the J1 Academic Program from August 19th till January 11th.
    Woo!! They told me I couldn't participate in the program twice because of the country I'm from and the course I'm taking... I finally had a phone interview yesterday and got a call from Kristen today telling me I'd been accepted. I'm so excited, I'm not gonna be able to sleep for a month. ;D

I'll be working in Recreation... Does anyone have any experience working in Recreation at WDW? What was it like? What did you do? I'd love to know more about it... :) It wasn't in my top 3 when they asked which roles I liked best.. so I haven't really done much research about it..

Once again. YAY! Hope to see you all out there!

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Whey! Well done..Ill see you there, as you know i start August 19th as well!

3. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Thanks John, yeah I knew that, I hope some more August 19th people will join the forum... Would be good to be able to speak to some people before leaving.

4. disneybaby

disneybaby New Member

yey!!!! well done!!! im august the 19th too!! x

5. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Thanks, awesome... another August 19th!

6. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I know about 6 people going on the same day as us, but none of them ever come on here!

7. kylie86

kylie86 New Member

hey guys i just got accepted too!! lifeguarding and qs food and bev!

so much to do before i go tho and so little time but cant wait!! :)

8. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Cool, congrats! :) Maybe I'll see you out there!

I know what you mean though... I've got loads of stuff I have to take care of.

9. Gwen

Gwen New Member

gefeliciteerd! Took care of a lot of stuff in the last few months...so can start relaxing now at last:)

10. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Thanks, I wish I could start relaxing...
    I'm currently working 7 days a week and I still need to take care of pretty much everything there is to take care of.

11. disneybaby

disneybaby New Member

hey kylie!! congrats!!! im doin lifeguarding too, so will prob see u out there!!

12. Emi

Emi New Member

Congrats guys!! ;D ;D ;D

So whats recreation??

13. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Thanks! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recreation

Cast Members in this role may work in various areas including, without limitation, resorts, towel rentals, watercraft rental, marina operations, ticket sales, arcades, children's activities and slide operations. There are additional certification requirements for some roles. Due to the nature of this role, individuals may experience prolonged exposure to outside weather elements and should have strong swimming skills. During off-peak seasons, Recreation Cast Members may assist other operating areas throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

Responsibilities may include: keeping recreation areas clean, maintaining safety standards, assisting Guests, standing for extended periods, and working outdoors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that's what it is... but I haven't been able to find anyone who's worked in Recreation... I'd love to hear what job they got in the end and how they liked working in Recreation.

14. kylie86

kylie86 New Member

yeah i'm really excited about doing lifeguarding, just really hoping i get put in one of the parks rather than a resort but i guess either way itl be fun! cant wait..just booked my flight yesterday!!

15. Gwen

Gwen New Member

16. disneybaby

disneybaby New Member

17. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

18. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Just checking to see if there's more August 19th people on here yet...

Ooh, and also, what flights are you all on? And what's your seat number?

My flight details:

British Airways - Amsterdam to London Gatwick (07:00 hours) (arriving in London at 07:10 local time)
    Virgin Atlantic - London Gatwick - Orlando MCO (10:45 hours) (seat 30H) (arriving in Orlando at 14:55 local time)

19. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Im flying 19th August:

Manchester 10:25 - Orlando 2:35

With virgin..

Can't wait, the weeks are flying by now!

20. disneybaby

disneybaby New Member

i dont know the exact times of my flights! my friend has all the details! lol! but i know its:
    glasgow at 9 ish then we arrive in orlando sanford at 1 ish then get a bus to orlando international!!
    so might b gettin picked up with u lot! ahhhhhh!!!! its like 7 weeks now!! sooooooooo excited!!!!