Advice on the Phone Interviews!!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Anna, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Hiya,

I've been reading these boards for a couple of weeks and decided to finally give it a go and apply for job in Disney (its been my dream for years but I never had the guts to actually go for it) - I heard back from Yummy today and I have a phone interview tomorrow.

Basically I'm panicking lol, I have the flu at the moment and I'm in a tizzy over what questions they might ask - and god knows how I would describe my town to Americans lol!!!!

Anyway lol was just looking for any advice possible from you nice people!!

Anna x

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hey anna

congrats on getting the phone interview! hope u feel better soon though, flu is horrid!

u just have 2 b as happy, personable and upbeat as is possible over the phone, don't give one word answers, elaborate as much as you possibly can on everythin.

they will ask you about your home town as u know, so make sure u know somethin u can say etc etc, whether it be old buildings, heritage, famous people, landmarks etc.

they will also give u case study scenario, what would u do if someones food was cold? etc etc. as well as the why do u wana work for disney, how do u feel about living with people from another country, how did u cope with certain situations in current job etc etc.

anything else u wana know feel free to ask :)

Good Luck

Sara xx

3. Anna

Anna New Member

Thanks Sara,

I don't think I would be so nervous is I felt a bit more healthy - I'm scared of coughing and spluttering down the phone!!!!!

Thanks for the advice though, I'm hoping once I actually get on the phone it will all just flow naturally I have wanted this for soooo long I'm not going to let the flu get in my way!

How long roughly does the interview last for?

Anna xx

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

it lasts around 10 mins or so i would think. don't worry you'll be fine, bless you timing ey?

xxx

5. Anna

Anna New Member

Ooh thats not so bad, I was having nightmares about trying not to couh for half hour or so!!

And yes the timing could be better, but rather this than not getting an interview at all! :)

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah bless. good luck with it all hun, i'm sure u won't need it ;)

xxx

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

you wont even notice the time, its just like a chat nothing to worry about. you'll forget you're being interviewed!

Just be upbeat and smile, they can hear it in your  voice.

one thing i got asked is what would you do living with 7 other people? would you be ok with that?? make sure you have an example of y that would be fine with you instead of saying a one word answer. like saying you wanna live with lots of different cultures and you'd love to learn from them or something.

xx

8. Anna

Anna New Member

Thanks both of you!

The living arrangements is something I really am not worried about so hopefully that will come across in my voice - I have lived in halls at Uni and I'm thinking this will be even more interesting than that!?!?!

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i reckon so! yeah the interview is fine anna, it is really friendly like linz says! i mean they will call u almost dead on the time they say they will as well, i remember mine was 1pm n they called like 2 seconds after lol

xxx

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

maybe they dial at 1pm!!

haha!

xx

11. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Hey Anna, good luck, just keep upbeat and you'll be fine.

THe question that stumped me was 'Give me a time when you've delivered disney-level customer service'. Other than that is quite enjoyable. And think of something about British culture. I've had tutorials on it so when i have my face to face i may launch into 'Stanley Baldwin once said....' but just come up with something nice and you'll be fine.

Above alll enjoy it!

Dan

12. Marie

Marie Guest

Good luck Anna im sure u could always mention in the beginning that u got flu - maybe make a joke about it...

xxx

13. sarahuk82

sarahuk82 New Member

I had mine on last fiday and it was fine. They are really nice. Asked me about british culture and food etc.
    asked what i would od if a guest was unhappy etc.
    Good Luck and hope the cold can stay out the way for longer enough, Hope to see you at the face to face interviews!
    x

14. Anna

Anna New Member

Hiya,

Just want to say I had my phone interview this morning (I postponed it a day, but I still sound like Mickey on heilium lol).

Don't think it went brilliantly - but then I guess there was no way of knowing!!

Just wanted to thank you people on here - you are fantasticly supporting and it was my discovery of this place that made me actually apply :)

15. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

I'm sure you did a lot better then you think Anna, I would just to like to add to what you said about the people on here being fantastic and supportive, I completely agree. I too am only applying due to the discovery of this place and especially from all the words of wisdom and support from its members! Cheers everyone, you all deserve a big pat on the back, you're all FAB ;D

Jess x

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

anna don't worry i'm sure you've done great. please let us know how u get on, got everythin crossed 4 u :)

xxx

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah anna dont worry about it. i didnt think i did well on mine and look at me now, less than four months til i'll be working for mickey!

Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

xxx

ps
    lol!

18. Anna

Anna New Member

Thanks both of you - I'm beginning to think it might actually be a good thing if I don't get any further - my nerves are just about standing the wait on this part lol!!!

I will let you know though - thanks again for the support :D

Anna x

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

no problem anna, i know the waitin is nerve racking, i duno how i took it but its been worth it in the end, definately!

id keep checkin ur email address incase they contact u through that on your success, cos you'll hear this week :)

xxx

20. Anna

Anna New Member

Lol thanks for the vote of confidence - and the advice!!

I shall be refreshing my email about 100 times a day until I hear!!

I know it'll be worth it - I want this so so much lol and I keep telling myself that if I don't get through this time I WILL try again!!