ALL UK APPLICANTS

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by james_wales, Nov 16, 2004.

1. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Hey guys, just a quick question.

Im 17, and obviously looking to apply for the programme. I contacted Jason at Yummy and he told me you need to be 18 to apply. However, i have been speaking to some people (mainly girls), that have been allowed to go through the application process at 17. Has anyone here done this??..or anyone know why some people can apply at 17?

Its puzzling me why only a few are allowed to apply at my age!

Cheers
    James

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

You definitely cannot get a visa to work there until you are 18- it might be 6 months after you're 18, I can't remember. That's why they often won't even interview you til you are, or very nearly. But I think there have been a few exceptions for people who have been interviewed at 17. But if you're already 17- its not so long to wait! ;)
    Hope this helped
    Charlotte x

3. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

You can apply to do the program at 17 but can't actually do the program until your 18.

HOWEVER, There is also a Visa issue to consider.  You can't start the application process for a Visa until you turn 18, and as they may take a few months they may not be able or prepared to offer you a job for a period so far in advance (potentially almost a year in advance).  As interviews are carried out more regularly during the year they only recruit for more limited periods of time.

Hope this helps

Rich

4. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

i asked this questaiin. Im not 18 until June but would like to apply as well. I was told that you could do the phone interview at 17 but not the face to face interview. You can do the face to face after your 18th birthday. Im going to apply in Feburay. Hope this helps, and i hope the info that i was told is right! ;D

Sarah

5. jenzy77

jenzy77 New Member

hiya all.
    Just wanted to tell you. i applied when i was 17 and was told because my birthday wasnt till summer it would have been at the wrong time to get a visa etc. so they kept me on hold untill this year. my face to face is on thursday in Glasgow and i cant w8! its worth the w8. any1 elce goin to the glasgow one? if so get in touch. email address iz hotmail!
    xxxxxGood luckxxxxxx

6. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey,

There shouldnt be any any problem with actually sending your CV into Yummy, but, like everyone said, you cant actually go until youre 18!

Maybe Jason just said not to apply yet cos he gets loads of applications and would rather have ones he can deal with right away!?!? Who knows!!!

Good luck with your application when you do apply!!

Michelle xx

7. emma

emma New Member

hi jay,
    think i have spoken to u before. i sent my CV off when i had just turned 17...they gave me my fone interview and offered me my face 2face in feb as i am 18 in january!!!! hoping to leave with the september gang!!! just reinforcing what everyone sed alredy.i wouldnt worry about being young. just lettin u know it is possible. y not email jason...tell him when u hope 2 leave ie after a levels whatever and wen u turn 18..im sure he can advise u wen its best to interview!! x