Alumni fun reminicing questions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kimmiedancer, Oct 24, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

So, just thought I'd start a fun thread for the alumni, as I'm interested in your advenntures and it might be fun! :D

Q 1: Most embarrasing moment at Disney
    Q 2: magical moment you remember the most
    Q 3: craziest thing a guest asked you
    Q 4: any special people you met?
    Q 5: try anything you never thought you would? (food, activity)
    Q 6: fun work moment
    Q 7: best day off you had? (what you did)
    Q 8: post/link your most magical pic!

2. Kevus

Kevus New Member

My best day off

I woke up early and me and a friend i had met went to Hollywood studios and then Magic Kingdom but we spend the best part of 15 hours in the parks the next aim is to do all four parks in one day :)

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

haha awesome!

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ooo, thats a toughie. Probably the day i walkd in for my shift an hour late but thought i was on time, haha. I got some funny looks when i arrived at the office.
    I had this one little girl whos mom had came and told me of their awful day, the girl had sp;lit her chin open at the hotel and the hotel had said to go to guest relations and they would be able to get her a free gift, but guest relations sent them to a store and they got me, i was so happy to help and i came up to the girl and she was surrounded by all the plush teddies on the floor and i told her she could chose one to take home with her, omg the mom was so happy and so was the girl, that was one of the best magical moments ever for me, the mom was almost in tears cause of the happiness and the girl was so happy. Magical Moments are the best!
    Some guests asked if i was really from Scotland, one actually argued with me on it, he was not happy when he realised he was wrong.
    Mickey and Minnie! Also i met my music teacher which was pretty funny, i go 3,000 miles away to then meet my teacher, lol.
    I know this may sound really weird, but i went to the parks myself, i never thought i would do that, but it actually was so good, and i got to do whatever i wanted. Used to go to Epcot and go on some of the rides befoe i started work.
    At the end of the night i used to start dancing and singing about the store and everyone else would join in, was soooo much fun!
    That would probably have to be the day i went to stay at the Polynesian and had dinner at the Spirit of aloha show and watched wishes from Beach and then went to Park 1910 at the grand floridian to have breakfast with the characters, was cool! Also the day me and my friend rosie had breakfast at the crystal palace and went to the bay lake open day and visited some of the other resorts, was gooood!

5. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

awe fun! I love the singing and dancing at the end of your shift bit :p

Thanks for joining in guys!

6. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Well there were many once as a custodial, when all the american college program children were leaving, we had a water fight back stage andd then had to go out and carry on working :)

as an attendant, there was a tropical storm nearby and wee had every outdoor character from around the park in the expo hall and even there was the princesses from the stage show, it was awesome having like 20 characters in one place at one time

7. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

oooh there were a few! Maybe going sunglasses shopping and reaching for a pair of glasses not realising they were behind glass. Didn't stop laughing for about 15 mins.

dressing a little girl who didn't want to ride as a junior bellhop and having her welcome back her family, was soooo cute! She was adorable and her family were so surprised and happy. Also all of the re-rides and fastpasses I gave to people :-D

oooh tough one, there are so many. One that stands out is 'where do i put my shoes?'...I worked at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, your shoes aren't going anywhere. Also overheard someone asking if there was vampires on the ride. No. Wrong Twilight.

Obviously all of my friends are extra special!! Had a crazy moment when my roommate from a few years ago got of the side of the ride I was working. She didn't know I was working there and I didn't know she was coming, so it was pretty random.

Did the 4 parks one day challenge when my brother and sister came over, it was exhausting!! also got to try chicken in chocolate sauce in Mexico, wasn't as good as it sounds haha.

I loved getting to explore all of the areas of Tower, including going all the way to the top - the view from there is incredible! also ALL of the bellhops riding in our costumes! Awesome picture!! And working the cast celebration, riding with the lights on and having people request for me to ride with them, love it! And all of the bellhops riding Coaster with the lights on before a convention in our costumes. There are so many amazing moments!

I'm with Leom on this - our Poly holiday was so so SO fun! Swimming and going down the slide more times than I can count, the Spirit of Aloha show, Studios EMH, Character breakfast at 1900 Park Fayer...loved every moment!

I'll have to pic one first...I'll get back to you on that!

8. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I’m never going to be able to pick one single thing for each one!!

Q 1: I was walking up the steps to expo hall in my main st, early 19th century, full length skirt; I was in a particularly good mood, so I sort of skipped up the steps but tripped over my skirt and fell over with a load of guests and other CM’s watching me!! I had to pretend that I wasn’t hurt and keep smiling in that special Disney way and be on my way!! I have to add that no guests offered to help me!!

Q 2: The simplest things were the best; like when a little boy asked to look at my pins, he saw Stitch pin that he liked but he didn’t have his to trade so I gave it to him because it was his birthday, he was so happy that he gave me the biggest hug!

Q 3: SOO many ridiculous questions, eg. Is that THE castle? How do you get to Magic Kingdom? (I worked in MK and he was holding and pointing to a map that said Magic Kingdom!)! Whilst standing near Mary Poppins when she was signing autographs a guest asked me what movie she was in! I know there are loads more but I have to draw the line somewhere!!

Q 4: All my friends from all over the world! A special person who was friends with a certain tall character made the experience even more fun!! I also saw extreme makeover: home edition being filmed on main st, and saw the guy with the really white teeth hanging out with the family!! I spoke to a guy who worked with Walt; that was pretty incredible! Can’t remember what we spoke about, I was a bit star struck!!

Q 5: I started eating salad...that was a massive thing for me!! And like Leom, I went to the parks on my own and had so much fun! You can take it easy and go wherever you want! Oh, and I rented a car and drove while I was there, I never thought I’d have the guts, but it was so easy and so cool!

Q 6: Working all the Halloween parties! I’ve never had more fun! Especially getting a little extra attention from goofy because he was a friend!! Also, me and another guy were on the registers laughing during a Christmas party and two guests were buying some stuff so we were bagging it up and joking around with them and they told us we were the nicest people they’d met since they’d been on vacation!

Q 7: There are 2 that come to mind! One was the day me and 2 friends went to seaworld, we had such a laugh, it was nice and quiet and we managed to do everything, then my new tall friend came and picked us up. Then later we went out to Jellyrolls and I discovered that it was the most amazing place and had one of the best nights there!! Another day was when me and my friend went to HS and took so many random pictures in the streets of America, and found the queue to meet Buzz and Woody which has some brilliant picture spots, then we watched fantasmic and went back to vista and had a bottle of wine!! Some of the best days in the parks didn’t involve going on any rides, just messing around!

Q 8: No idea how, and I probably couldn’t choose either!

9. CharlotteSparkle

OMIGOD I love jellyrolls!!! should've put that in mine haha! There's toooo much to choose from!

10. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Lol. I love your responses! Makes me smile :p

Jellyrolls = ?

11. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

It makes me smile thinking about everything!!

Jellyrolls is a duelling piano bar in Disney's Boardwalk resort! They can play literally everything on the piano and the atmosphere is amazing, everyone has so much fun! And, hey have free popcorn!!
    Cast members get in free, but you have to be over 21.

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hmmm - probs (off the top of my head, I may have forgotten another, worse one!) when I was rushing around closing, and I was closing c-bars. I had to flush the upstairs ones (you don't want to know... it as better once mustard wasn't involved), and I got everything ready - the chemicals were on the trolley, I put it near the lift and went to get a towel. I then went upstairs in the lift, got out to the c-bar before realising I had left everything else I needed downstairs, next to the lift.... my co-ordinator laughed so hard!! :)
    Or when I got distracted by the shiny pins.... or when a guest didn't twig I was English and tried to describe Devon to me... but described Cornwall as they thought it was easier! My manager and co-ordinator couldn't stop laughing!
    I miss them :(

The family who were having a reunion and a birthday in one, they were so nice - I took them upstairs, and they were so nice! Or the couple on their honeymoon - they were lovely as well! (I dreaded magical moments though... you could get some nasty people, or have someone really lovely so the next one wouldn't measure up).

Where do I begin? How about the woman who came into a restaurant (where people were eating, people buying food at the cash registers, people serving food at the counter, people carrying food around...) and asked me if she could get food here. REALLY???
    Or the guy who asked me if I was English, when I replied yes, asked me if I was sure!

Loads of my friends, from all over! Miss you guys so much! Work-mates, room-mates, random people I met, people I met before I went etc... so many people!

Ummm, I went on the Tower of Terror - never thought I'd do that! I got to wander round the parks on my own... was as fun as I thought! Oh yeah, and work in the Magic Kingdom - never thought I'd get to do that! Go on rides before work... and I went to all four prks on the last day with my ID!
    Also - going to Cocoa Beach at 1 in the morning (God bless you Steven for driving!) - and then working after!, and seeing a midnight showing of Harry Potter! (Diff days!)

So many.... probably when Steven and I waltzed for a guest, who said my dancing wasn't really period... so I waltzed! So many fun moments though - often when closing! Everyone works together to get it done... me and Kayla singing while washing up! Lots of fun moments... work was generally just entertaining! I loved my job :)

Probably graduation day, when I went to Hollywood with Charli, Alex and Luke, and we wandered around doing fun things... including playing in the rain without shoes on (it was so wet!)
    Or when I went to universal with Laura, Emma, Emma, Roddy and Mark - awesome day! 2 parks, one day, 6 people - and free sweets from the cabbie! So much fun! :)

I have no idea how!

Such an amazing summer, so many great memories, so many good friends!
    If anyone wants the link to my blog, just ask - although it's VERY long!
    xx

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Haha, Charlotte, i am in stitches. Still remember when you told me about that there, was so funny.

I think i could possibly say it was one of my best days of 2009, hehe. It was so much fun. Character breakfasts are amazing but i wish i never put sooo much ice cream in my bowl.

14. CharlotteSparkle

hahahaha that ice cream looked horrible when it all melted! Those 2 days were completely magical, can't imagine anything living up to that!

I missss you Leom!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, Mary Poppins thought it strange aswell, haha. I miss you too Charlotte. I will hopefully come up with a date soon for the glasgow meet up!