Am I too late?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by topsassyuk, Jan 26, 2005.

1. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Hey, just found the site and I got to tell you its a very exciting find! I finish a degree in August/September and would love to do one of the programmes after for some experience. Could anybody tell me if I am too late to apply now or is it never too late?

Thanks, Jess

2. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Hi,

Welcome to the boards!! Theres no age limit on these programs so you are not to late in that sense. Everything else time wise depends on what country you are from. The next UK interviews are end of Feb and beggining of March, these would be for leaving dates towards the end of this year. To get to the face-to-face interviews, you will need to send your CV and a covering letter to the recruiter for your country, fot the UK that Yummy Jobs. If your successful you will then have a phone interview and if you are successful after that you will be invited to the face-to-face interviews.

If you have any questions just ask, everyone on this site is very helpful.

xxKerryxx

3. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Cheers for that Kerry, I had best get my CV and covering letter off ASAP then!

4. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Just to add a bit more info to what kerry said, if you dont make it in time for the interviews in feb/mar then the next round of interviews will be towards the end of the year for positions starting mar-jun 2006.

So, I guess youre never too late as yummy are comstantly accepting applications, you may just have to wait a bit longer for a interview!!!

Good luck with the application!!!

Michelle xx

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

good luck! ;D :D ;D

xxx

6. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Thanks guys, now I need to decide which program to choose. The sports and recreation trainee program would probably suit me best but it sounds like everybody has so much fun in f&b or merch in uk pavillion. Dont suppose any of you know anybody who has done the sports and recreation program do you?

Jess x

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i'm afraid i dont. sorry. but im sure both will be fun! and you still get the same living experience either way! I'd think about which job you'd enjoy more coz when it comes down to it, you've gotta enjoy that job..or at least have it be bareable for a whole year! Hope you dont get too stressed about your decision!

you could always phone disney(yummy jobs if you're brittish - sorry dont know where youre from :-\)and ask for info on both programmes so you could make an educated decision, im sure they'd be happy to help. they're good like that!

xxxx

8. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Yeah i'm British and proud of it!!! Will get in touch with Yummy and will keep you informed on my decision. Cheers for the advice.
    Jess x

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

the 'uk' part of your screen name may have given that away eh!!! no comment...i'm tired!

xxx

10. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

lol, well I did wonder if UK meant anything else to some people. Don't talk about being tired I have assignments coming out of my ears for my Masters and I'm so behind thanks to this website! I only stumbled across it three days ago and now I have become obsessed by the damn thing. Oh well its all jolly good fun, its stupid really though I havent even applied yet and I am already getting excited by the thought of maybe one day working in DW, its all I ever think about now. Still I'm sure I'm not the only one!!!
    Jess x

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

hha yeah it's highly addictive. look at me ... its midnight and im teaching ballet to 4 year olds in 9 hours and yet i cant stop tyoing!!

xxx

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

*typing*

see exhausted!!

xx

13. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

well at least you can have comfort in knowing that in 4 months and 2 weeks the only 4 yr olds u will b seeing will b in sunny Orlando!!!

14. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Jess!
    Welcome to the boards!
    You never know the sports and recreation interview may enable you to leave earlier than if you have to wait for november interviews for merch/ f and B.
    Hope you get to come and join us :)
    Marie xxx

15. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Yeah I had thought of that, which would be great. I am going to get my last assignment for this Semester finished this weekend then I have next week off so will sort myself out then, will keep you updated on my progress.

Jess x

16. Marie

Marie Guest

Good Luck with your assignment Jess. When do you finish your course? I have till end of may! not long! if u get the chance to e mail your cv b4 youve done your assignment go for it as they may be able to get you onto the feb interviews.

Good luck, hope u get to join us in Florida!
    Marie xxx

17. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

My course finishes in May but I have to do a dissertation over the Summer, the due date for that is beginning of September but i anticipate to get it finished and handed in long before then so I'm not restricted to what I could do in the Summer. When are the starting dates for successful Feb applicants?

Jess x

18. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Jess,
    Sept - Dec i think are the dept dates for people getting interviewed in Feb. If u wait till the nov interviews the departure dates will be March - June 06.
    Good Luck,
    Marie :)

19. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey Jess,

if you get your application in quick youre still in time for the feb interviews - i know theyre doing phone interviws this week to fill spaces in the forthcoming interview - good luck!!!