American food

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Anne24, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Anne24

Anne24 New Member

Hi

I'm worrying about putting on some weight while I'm living in Florida. A lot of the people I know that have been a year or so in the states, have come back home with some extra pounds in their "luggage". Why is that? Don't they have any food other than burgers and pizzas and other fat calories over there? ;)
    I'm worrying because I'm finally satisfied with my bodyweight, but know that I can put on weight really soon again :-[
    Are any of you girls worrying about the same thing, or is it just me being stupid and worrying to much?

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Anne

people put one weight, due to how cheap a lot of the fast food is, but however u can still eat healthily, just sometimes burgers may be the quick option!

I'm worried about putting on weight, but if you are strong enough to want to stay the same and eat healthily you will have no problem, its people like me with no will power who have the problems hehe

xxx

3. Anne24

Anne24 New Member

That is true Sara :) I just hope that I can keep away from the fast food, as I can be tempted when I'm really hungry, which I'm afraid that I will after a long day of working.
    I think maybe the alcohol is gonna be a much bigger concern though when it comes to calorieconsume...hehe ;)

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hehe anne. yeah alcohol could be a bigger problem

im the same as you, if i'm hungry... i'll still go for the burgers hehe

xxx

5. Truls

Truls New Member

It shouldn't be a problem if you work out regularly. Since many of us are worried about heightened calori-intake, it shouldn't be a problem finding a work-out buddy to help burn those extra grams

6. Anne24

Anne24 New Member

That is true...and I hope to continue working out when I'm over there. Maybe I can have one of those personal trainers that can push me so that I won't get lazy...any volunteers? ;D

7. myriam

myriam New Member

Oh I'm so worried 'cause I love donuts !!!!! :p

8. Anne24

Anne24 New Member

Hehe...and I love sweets! I'm glad that the american chocolate isn't that good as norwegian or I would have a huge problem...hehe ;)

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i'm bringin some UK chocolate with me.. maybe thats not a great idea!

i'm going to go swimming, and use the gym at the commons as much as I can.

xxx

10. Anne24

Anne24 New Member

Me too...I only hope that I have time for it ::) In the beginning, this is not gonna be our priority, as there's a lot of things going on, new people to get to know with and lots of parties. Then it's probably gonna be harder to start working out when we finally get time for it :-\

11. Ona

Ona Member

It can or can't be an issue. I went down 4-5 dress sizes while out there.

That's precisely the reason I lost so much weight. You are on the go constantly, in 100 degree heat and often 100% humidity. Not just at work, it's a long walk to Publix to go shopping and you'll be partying most nights. You just don't sit still or sleep for 12 months.

I guess it all comes down to your metabolism. I eat as much junk in the US as I did at home. And that's alot. ::) ;D Others had the exact opposite experience to me. They watched what they ate and put on weight.

But don't worry about eating right. If you wanna be healthy you can be. My room mate was was pretty health conscious. Well, most of the time .) If you wanna work out you'll make the time but there's so much to do out there that personally, the last thing I'd want to be doing is be in the gym.

Sara, I can almost guarentee your stash of choc won't last the week. No matter how big it is. I'm not making a comment about you, but in general, no uk choc lasts longer than that out there. The UK pavilion will sniff it out and hold you to ransom. ;D ;D ;D

Ona x

12. Anne24

Anne24 New Member

I agree with what you're saying, but even though you're busy all the time, an even worse problem is that you forget to eat, and thereby put on weight because your metabolism will go much slower :-\

13. angel21

angel21 New Member

Hey Anne,

you aren´t alone...I´m also a bit worried about that...
    But we´ll see...

Jana

14. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Ona

I sure now thats right, I'm taking some for myself but most of the chocolate being packed is for current CMs there who aren't coping without the good old cadburys and galaxy hehe

xxx

15. nicolegodin

nicolegodin New Member

Hey Anne, I am gonna be in that Gym at least 5-6 times a day, i have a goal t get in better shape, i am off fast food now for almost 2 months and i feel great, and i have been eating better, as long as you have a buddy to be strong with you it makes it easier, because then people will be eating junk and you will naturally just eat it, so have a buddy for the food and exersice, you can join me if you like you are more then welcome,
    Nikki

16. myriam

myriam New Member

ok So we'll meet all at the Gym ! ;)

17. Truls

Truls New Member

5-6 times per day?! You will have no problem getting slim, you won't have time to eat :D

A training-buddy is definatly a good idea to cheer each other up and drag each other to the gym on lazy days. When you work out you also get extra energy to work and smile at the Guests ;)

18. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I agree with Ona - since Ive been here Ive lost weight and have already dropped down a costume size.

Although Im not sure how long it'll last once you arrive on Tuesday with all that choc sara!!!! Cu Tuesday!!!

19. emma

emma New Member

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol yeah chelle, spesh as the choc is 4 u lol. our parents comin over in september will bring the nxt supply ;) haha

xxxx