Anyone not heard yet?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by AllyBallyBee, Oct 12, 2012.

1. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Hey, so is anyone else in the horrible "no email" group? Don't know if there's a need for this group but it'd be nice to have some support from those in the same boat! This is agony, just flat out reject me but don't give me silence!

2. Expederest

Expederest New Member

I haven't got an email yet either. I already didn't have high hopes of getting in, but I'd still like to know that! I think I'll give it until tomorrow morning before trying to contact them, just in case.

3. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Yeah, I'm going to try phoning in the morning when I've slightly calmed down a bit as I'm in the midst of a bit of a crying fit
    :-[ I just thought my interview went quite well so I'm really gutted as I can't see how I could interview better next year. Oh well, maybe it's part of the plan for me :'(

I'm such a drama queen!

4. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

Still haven't got mine :(

Same Alex I thought we all did a good job in our interview :/

5. Expederest

Expederest New Member

I felt the opposite. I had a pretty vocal group, so I never really got a chance to say anything in the interview other than a couple of questions. I'm just hoping I can still apply next year because I'm in my final year.

6. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Am I still the only one awaiting an email? I'm starting to think this is what I get for starting up the "anyone not heard yet?" club...

7. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Are you in your final year now? Cos if you are then you can't apply next year, thats the problem I have too :( But if you will be in your final year next year then u can :)

And Ally, I heard from someone that if you didn't recieve an email by 6pm you were supposed to give them a ring, i'm not sure how true that is though but it might be worth a shot :) x

8. Expederest

Expederest New Member

Really? Well that's disappointing, because I got the rejection email last night... Do you think it would be rude if I sent an email back saying something like "thanks for the opportunity, but if there are any unclaimed interview slots in the end then I would gladly take one of them"? Probably yeah... Guess I'll apply to Universal when it comes up, or wait until the CRP applications start again (but I was hoping to do the ICP because it's shorter and you could work anywhere in the parks).

9. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

That's what I heard too but everytime I get straight through to voicemail as obviously they are out of office. I even tried on Friday at 7pm but it was still voicemail then and at that point and yesterday people were still getting emails so I thought best leave it. I've sent two emails straight to yummy jobs though, one to Louise and one to Jason. Obviously, I'll phone tomorrow as well though first thing. I strongly suspect rejection although with hearing people are still getting accepted, I'm getting false hope again which is why I really want a confirmation.
    Thanks for the advice though, isn't this what happened to you with the pre-screen email?

10. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I actually got the worst kind of rejection... rejected before a prescreen! lol Had no chance of proving myself at all :eek: but yeh I didn't get an email right until the last second just to make it worse :(

And Expederest the Universal program sounds good but it is quite expensive because you have to pay an over £800 program fee. That's what puts me off :( I'm going with Bunac now and going to do Work America, you can always give that a try :)

11. Expederest

Expederest New Member

Is that an £800 fee on top of all the other things like flights and getting a meeting with the US Embassy and so on? Because wow! Might have to think about that, because I already have to buy flights to Australia for fieldwork with one of my modules and was going to head to Japan afterwards as well... What is Bunac?

12. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Yeh that is £800 on top I think :(

Bunac is a company bought by STA Travel that do similar kind of programs. They do a Work America program which involves u getting a J-1 visa and working over there for 4 months. The only difference is you find your own job. They have a £365 program fee but it includes access to their job shop so u can job hunt and get help from them :) They also run a group flight for around £600 so u fly to New York before u go with all the people that are also doing Work America x