application procedure

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by disney-dude, Dec 17, 2012.

1. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Could someone please explain to me what happens after your face to face interview, in terms of if and when you get a job offer, medical tests, visa appointments etc? Thanks

2. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

After your F2F, you generally hear from your agency if you got the job quickly ( I heard in under 48 hours). At that time they will not have your start date or ship. The agency will direct you regarding your medical. I am not sure about the visa appointment (as I am Canadian and didn't need one). After that is completed you wait to hear from your agency about a start date.

My break down
    F2F interview - June 20
    Job offer- June 22
    Medical Appointment -July 15
    August 10 - Offered start date for Sept 25 (I requested a start date after mid september due to a job commitment)

Some of the people I interview with were onboard within 5 weeks - really just depends on the need.

3. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

thanks, i got the job so thats good to know, they mentioned it at the interview, but didnt discuss timescales to thank you for your advice

4. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

Congrats on getting the job! Let me know if you have any more questions.

5. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

6. CanadianPrinceton

CanadianPrinceton New Member

I'm currently working on board finishing my first ever contract - if you want a play by play of the application (the way I did it) - go to : prince-adventures.blogspot.com I documented the whole thing in my earliest entries! Hope that helps-

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Prince - that's the first DCL blog I've read, there doesn't seem to be many! Thanks :)

8. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

this looks really interesting - looking forward to reading it

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You can check out mine! There's a DCL section on it from my first contract (on my 4th now but I got too used to choosing sleep over blogging to carry it on!)

freewebs.com/DisneyGibbs