Applying for the CRP in January 2011 anyone???

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Chris9Wong, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Chris9Wong

Chris9Wong New Member

I am thinking about applying for the CRP in January for the first time. Any tips for CV/cover letters??? I don't wanna get refused. I have seen many people saying they get refused the first few times they apply.

Chris Wong
    Liverpool, UK

2. kylemartin

kylemartin New Member

I applied for the first time in august and totally forgot that I had applied just by luck I checked my emails and noticed that I had a fone interview! Did that and after the phone interview I noticed that a lot of people were applying second time round because of them being refused first time so I thot getting a phone interview was a big achievement and had prepared myself for not getting any further! Then the f2f interview came through and 2 weeks after that I had a job. So I wouldn't let people getting refused put u off! If u get a f2f interview they literally look at ur cv for 10 seconds that's all. Hope this helps.

3. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hey Chris :)

I applied first time in June, and almost got accepted (I'm on the waitlist so it could still happen!). What I did for my CV and cover letter was read loads of different websites to find out how to write a good CV. Yummy Jobs have a CV template on their website if you don't already have one. What I also found helpful was reading over the job description on here https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/crp.html and reading previous applicants blogs, so I got a really good idea of what to expect and what it seems Disney looks for, and then I tried to show as much of that as possible in my application.
    Don't worry about it being your first time applying. It's true, people sometimes do have to apply a couple of times but many people also get through on their first go.

Good luck! :D

4. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Hi Chris im the same as you im applying for the 1st time in Jan, I decided about a month ago I was going to go for it. There is a thread in this folder (Applicants Discssion) can't rem the name of it, its something like anyone applying when applications reopen in jan, there are a lot of people in there that are applying/reapplying, also are you on fb as there is a group for the last batch of applicants that got in or waitlisted and for us people that are applying.

5. emmazb

emmazb New Member

heyyyy

I'm applying in January, its my first time applying too! I have found that looking through loads of past threads on here has been really helpful. Also go on youtube and type in 'disney cultural representative program' and you will find vlogs on there from people who have applied! They are helpful.

I'm currently updating my CV....been a while since i last did it!!

Also i'm from over the water Chris! :)

Em

6. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

ive already re applied-even though they wont look at the applications until Jan!

7. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

When I applied first time my cover letter was about a page and a half describing why I wanted to go to Disney and what attributes I had that would make me a good candidate for the programme and I got through all the itnerviews and did my year out there.

I applied in for last round of applicants and only got as far as the phone interview. my cover letter then was different as i wanted to icnlude reasons why they should give me a second shot at the role.

i would say look online but play your strengths - make it personal expalin why you want to go out there - what working for disney means to u personally as well as maybe the professional/educational aspect of the programme.

8. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

hey hey pink spider rob from fb here

what do you think was the prob with the last application i mean surely the more info about why you want to do it the better in the letter?

9. pinkspideruk

i got a phone interview last time so i think my cover letter was fine. the problem was i mixed up the date of my phone interview so hadnt prepared - i was convinced i was going to be interviewed on a friday - turns out it was a thursday lucky i gave them both my home and my mobile number so they called my mobile and i ended up doing the interview whilst i was work - i was completely thrown by it all and wasnt quite prepared with my answers and was concerned cos i was hiding out in my bosses office using her phone lol i was worried she would walk in and be like um why are you on the phone in my office? lol

i am changing my cover letter this time as i want to put nin how i have started working weekends at mcdonalds to increase my experience in f and b as i work in an office and stuff - i basically want to show that i have skilsl etc

10. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

omg you must ahve been freaking out in work

im sure youll get in this time

11. pinkspideruk

i was a bit -0 my boss is really nice but i hadnt told anyone i work with i was reapplying - they gave me a career break last time so i had a job to come back to but they woulsdnt be able to do that again cos of recession - i work for nhs and they are freezing recruitment so they wouldnt be able to cover my job if i went off for a year.

12. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

yeah i have a few family members that work for the nhs and they were saying that too. I guess you just need to say sod it im off to disney world lol

13. pinkspideruk

thats exactly what i am planning on doing lol thats also why im working at mcdonalds on the weekdn - they told me i could take a career break with them so i know i will have a job to come back to :)

14. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

ah maccy d's i did that when i was 16/17 ive done a lot of jobs and strangely that was one of the best the laughs we used to have working till 3am and playing hide and seek for hours in the store in the dark oh it was such fun lol

15. Lois21

Lois21 New Member

I applied this July and only made it too telephone interview. I think i was so nervous, I was a rambling mess.

I got the email saying I hadn't made it through when i was actually in florida!

I am going to try re-applying in January, it's something I really want :(

16. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

good luck lois

17. Lois21

Lois21 New Member

Thanks Dude :) xx

18. ChantelleKitchen

ChantelleKitchen New Member

Ill be applying in January too!! Its all very exciting and I want it so bad ... Ill be in Disney over christmas so I know ill want it even more by the time i get home in jan!! YAY ... hopefully we will all meet at the F2F interviews ... (touch wood!!) :)

19. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

eeek! I'm sure you must have been having a giggle at my vlogs! haha. i dont think i ever watch them properly after doing them / editing them as its too embarrassing! haha

20. emmazb

emmazb New Member

I've seen yours and i think they're great! :)

Em x