AU/NZ JAN 2013

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Gloofty, May 23, 2012.

1. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Hi everyone ;D

Was wondering if anyone has been accepted for Jan 2013 AU/NZ Work Experience?
    Or any other program for January haha

Its sooo far away but its EXCITING :D

2. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

Hi! I've been accepted for the January 2013 program as well :D

What will you be doing? I got Merchandise/Operations, I can't wait!

3. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

I got Merchandise/Operations as well :D I cant wait either haha

Where are you from? :)

4. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

I'm from Brisbane :) I'm 21 and I'm studying dance full time. And you?

Do you know anyone else who has been accepted for 2013?

Have you been to Disney World/ Disneyland before?

5. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Hey everyone I am newly accepted about 2 minutes ago ;D

I have been accepted for January 2013 and will be doing quick service food and beverage/operations :)

Im from South Australia...Im super excited and just hope everything goes well with the visa!

6. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Im Kasey, 17 from Perth and I am studying Tourism Management :D
    On the Au/NZ 2013? page, Rafito has been accepted for January as well :)
    In 2010 I went to Disneyland in California and in July of this year I am going to Walt Disney World ;D
    Have you ever been? :)

7. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Congratulations :D
    Now we just have to wait until August/September for all our information for the visa and flights ;D

8. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Thanks Simba :) Ohh and when I say newly accepted I mean to this forum lol I have been waiting since the 13th of May haha

I just want my info already, I cant wait to go and will cry if anything stops that from happening lol

This will be the most amazing experience and Kasey it seems like you have already experience some of it!

Im Stacey and im 22, im old haha I will be 23 by the time I start :)

9. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

I should introduce myself on this thread since this is what will be relevant from now on ;D
    I'm Dylan, 19 years old, from Melbourne and studying Anthropology.

I am seriously too excited I can't handle it lol! I am a disney fanatic and never been to any of the parks so I going to be on a hypo streak when I get there.

10. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

Hi everyone! Oh yeah I'm Chiara :p forgot that bit lol.

I've been to almost all of the parks (just have to cross off California :p) I just love the whole experience of the parks. This really is just the opportunity of a lifetime. So excited!!

August/September, really? That's so far away! I keep checking my emails, just incase they send some more details. :p

11. Yecats

Yecats New Member

What jobs will you be working Dylan?

I'm in the same boat as Dylan and haven't been to any parks, your lucky Chiara :)

I check my emails everyday just in case aswel ha ha

12. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

As of right now I am currently only doing 6 months, but am for sure extending to a year if I enjoy it as much as I think I will. And for those 6 months will be working in Operations. So depending on whether or not you are working in operations in your first half we could potentially be working together and not even know it haha ;D

And yes keep checking your emails, apparently we will be getting the onboarding stuff in the next email. Where we pay the $100 fee to confirm our place etc. and has a ton of info on everything to get us prepared!

13. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

You guys are going to love Disney World! 1. It's huge and Disney and amazing, and 2. The Magic Kingdom is the Disneyland park that is basically everywhere else. The first thing you should do when you get there is go on Space Mountain. It's amazing!!

14. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

I'm doing Operations in the second half of the year :) and I was told in my interview that I would find out if I got in or not in August/September so I was pretty surprised when I got a call so I am sure we would get the email earlier than then haha :)

15. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Well if it's anything to go by of which order they told me my jobs in my email the I will be doing food and beverage first. What are you doing the first half Kelsey?
    It's going to be amazing either way and Dylan we might still meet over there :)
    I'm just hanging out for the next steps email I'm so excited. I'm also very happy that I finally can post on this forum coz my family can't be excited like me now I have all you guys to chat about it with :)

16. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

I'm doing Merchandise for the first half ;D I am so glad for this forum as well, as I am able to talk to you guys and actually feel like I know some people haha :D

17. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Yes of course we will! It's good to know people before you actually get there, you can never not know too many people haha.

So is everyone here planning on going straight to Orlando or you going somewhere first before the program? I was thinking of doing New York for a few days before the program considering it's only a 2 hour flight to Orlando.

18. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

New York is amazing :) have you ever been?
    I'm not really sure what to do yet but probably straight into Orlando and then travel for 30 days after the program finishes.

19. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

No I have never been to the USA before, so you could imagine my excitement!
    And yes that's what I was thinking not sure whether to go before or after such decisions to make.
    I seriously don't know how I can wait 7 more months. I will go insane haha.

20. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

I definitely can imagine your excitement haha I am as well and I've been :D
    And I am not a good flyer so thats helpful haha
    Now I know that I got accepted, it makes me work towards it if you know what I mean :D