Aus January 2015

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Leashie11, May 9, 2014.

1. Leashie11

Leashie11 New Member

I spent 3 days on my application- resume and cover letter.
    So excited when I sent it!

The same day I got a rejection! :(
    Because I'm from England I'm not an Aus citizen.
    I already need to be a citizen, I am in the process of it now, but I had no where to say that on the application when it says are you an Aus/ NZ citizen.

And I've applied so I have to wait 6 months to apply again!
    The whole 6 months freaked me out quite a bit!

Any chance anyone else is in the same situation? :(
    Now I've got no job! I quit so I could do the years study!

How did everyone else go! :D

2. VanillaGrin

VanillaGrin New Member

I'm so sorry : ((( Maybe you could have mentioned that you were becoming an Australian citizen soon in your cover letter?...maybe?? o:

Well I applied in late March for the 2014 August intake and got told i was no longer being considered mid-april because of numbers so i think i applied too late. I read somewhere that you can only apply every 6 months too but I emailed Disney before I heard a reply on my application saying that i was worried I applied too late! Which I think I did apparently, the reply said nothing about me not being allowed to apply again and that the January applications open in May if I want to try again.... that sortof kills the whole 6 month wait thing? SO I applied when the January intake applications opened a week back.

3. amanda92

amanda92 New Member

Hey there! I'm soo sorry to hear that :-( :-(
    I hope you don't mind me asking - how do you know the reason they didn't accept you? Did they say flat out it was because of your citizenship? Or do they just send you a 'rejection letter' of some kind?
    I hope you will be applying again for August!