Aus presentations

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Ren013, May 6, 2012.

1. Ren013

Ren013 New Member

Just wondering if anyone else on here is planning on doing the presentations?

I'm hoping to do the Sydney presentation at William Blue on the 25th of this month. I'm planning on taking all the paperwork and hoping to be able to get an interview on the day. Anyone else planning on being at the same presentation?

Also does anyone know what kind of dress code we should be thinking? Is it a dress professional for the interview kind of thing or a dress casual thing? And will they interview on the day of the presentation or will they ask people to come back the following day? I've had a similar issue before (offered a job interview and couldn't attend because I was travelling back from the career expo later that day) so I'm wondering if I should book an extra night of accommodation just in case. And does anyone have any hints if I do manage to get into the interview? And what paperwork will I need? Should I bring just a resume and the forms from Disney or should I also have academic transcripts or anything like that.

Sorry if this message is a little manic. I'm trying to juggle stressing about Disney with stressing about a research presentation and I'm getting dangerously close craziness.

2. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

This literally sounds exactly like my situation.

I will be attending the Sydney presentation also, from the way I read it the interviews would be done in the afternoon after the presentation? The presentations in Victoria were on three consecutive days in different locations so they would've needed to be done on the same day.

3. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

I went to the Melbourne presentation last week and at first we had the presentation which lasted about an hour they then organized interview times starting at 2pm that day and went to about 6pm so depending on what time your interview is will determine how long you have to wait around etc. However you can only interview if you have completed the online application and printed and signed it.

There were 3 interviewers two Americans and one Aussie. I got one of the American guys and at first he just checks all your documents making sure everything is okay then the real interview starts. Have to tell them a bit about yourself such as what you're studying, why you are studying that, hobbies and all that kind of jazz. Then he asked why I want to do the program and how I come about it, also asked about past experience and how it can come in handy working at WDW. He also asked a few random questions like favourite disney movie and why and then he started asking questions about the job such as ' You will have a lot of people asking about your accent, so what wil you tell them about Melbourne your hometown'. The interview is quite straight forward nothing to stress about :)

And no you don't need to bring a resume, however if you have graduated I think it's compulsary to bring your transcript but if you are still studying like me you don't need that. I can't sleep at night I so want to do this program and we don't get the final word if we were accepted or not for 2 weeks ahhh!

4. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

Oooh that's great to know. What did you wear? What were others wearing? Good luck with it!

5. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Oh very casual, everyone was dressed like normal obviously not trackies and daggy clothes but just neat casual clothes.
    I don't think I saw anyone in 'interview' type clothing.

6. Ren013

Ren013 New Member

Thanks. This all helps. I'm actually feeling a lot better about doing the interview now I have a better idea of what kind of questions they'll be asking.

2 weeks wait doesn't seem like that long to me right now but I think once I'm actually the one waiting it'll seem like forever. Good luck Rafito. I'm sure you'll be getting an acceptance email soon.

Just wondering which roles you were applying for, and if you were asked any questions specific to that role in the interview?

7. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Thank you! You will know how I feel when you're the one waiting believe me.

He did ask what roles I would like I said Operations, Merchandise and Food & Beverage and surprisingly he didn't ask anything else about the roles. And btw if you are one wanting to win a few disney pens during the presentation they have a little quiz and they asked these questions 'Can you name 4 worlds at WDW' 'Can you name a disney cruise line' 'What cities around the world are there disney theme parks'. So just incase you want to win one I suggest you know the answers to them as people put up there hands quite fast. ;)

8. Ren013

Ren013 New Member

I'm not really looking forward to the waiting period. I hope it's not too long before you hear from them. And thanks for the trivia hints, I'll have to do a little research before I go.

I'm planning on applying for resort hospitality/front desk and concierge (12 month program). Pretty nervous because I've heard they're hard to get into. It's kind of reassuring that they don't ask too much about the roles in interviews because my work experience is more general customer service so I'm not sure how much I could tell them.

9. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

Do we need to RSVP for the presentations? Or just turn up on the morning? Does anybody know?

10. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

No you don't need an RSVP you just turn up everyone is welcome.

11. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

Gee the Sydney presentation is close! I'm a bit excited but nervous all at the same time!

12. Ren013

Ren013 New Member

Less than a week now. Pretty scary when you think about it.

What time are you planning on arriving at William Blue? I'm over-thinking this but I don't want to arrive really early and be that annoying person lurking around the building, at the same time I don't want to get there late and find myself completely lost in the building.

Also, not sure if this helps anyone or if the information is even correct but I've been told finding the college is pretty confusing and that you'll have to look for the number of the building and not expect any clearly marked signs for the college.

13. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

I was thinking maybe like, 9:20am on Friday morning? Erring on the early side of that. If I get there too early, I'll try and find where I need to be, then go to a coffee shop or something.

I really hope it's not too hard, but if I get lost I'll just look for other people walking around confused. Maybe they watch us and it's a test of our leadership abilities?

14. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

The presentation and interview was so much fun! I could honestly listen to Jeni and Michael talk all day. Now begins the (first of many) waiting games to see if I get in. Fingers crossed!

15. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Goodluck bern :)
    It took about 10 until I recieved a congratulations email ;D
    Where are you from?

16. amethyste

amethyste New Member

I was present for the William Blue presentation yesterday too; thought Jeni and Mike were great, friendly people. The presentation was pretty good, trivia abit of fun to get us going. I was literally the last handful of hopefuls to be interviewed at 5-6pm so with that in mind I think my nervousness kicked in and I'm super anxious to figure out whether or not it faired well. Anyone else have thoughts on their interviews?

Was there people with immediate hiring? I thought the two week wait was for everyone.

17. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

The two week wait is for everyone. The people who have posted they've been accepted went to presentations in other cities earlier in May.

18. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Sorry when I said it took about 10 I meant 10 days. The presentation and interviews where the 1st of May and I got my congrats email on the 11th then on the 16th I got an email saying that in a couple of weeks I will get the next steps email including a lot of information.
    And to amethyste I was nervous for my interview and was convinced I wouldn't get offered a position but I did so good luck to you and anyone else in the waiting stage :) ohh and we were all told it would take 2-3 weeks to find out and it was quicker so it probably will be for you guys to :)

19. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Yup same for me, I was told I would have to wait at least 2 weeks to find out but I found out 6 days later. Good luck to all you Sydney siders I know how the waiting feels. :'(

20. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

In my interview I was told that I would actually find out if I got accepted in August/September, but I got my email 18 days later :D