Aussie in summer program Nov 2007

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Mel_c, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Mel_c

Mel_c New Member

Hey, has anyone else, especially Aussies been selected for the Summer program commmencing novemeber 2007 to feb 2008? I would love to meet others who will be arriving the same time!

2. aussie_gal

aussie_gal New Member

aw im applying next year for that november 08- feb 09

dam that would have been good to have someone to go over with.. i was thinking about doing it this year as well..

what position did you apply for?

do you have a myspace? id love to hear how it all goes for you

3. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi there!

My sister and I are from SA and we are doing the summer program as well :)

4. aussie_gal

aussie_gal New Member

really? when are you guys thinking of doing it??

5. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

We've been accepted this November til February as well

6. Mel_c

Mel_c New Member

oh yay... thats awsome that you are both going! So have you guys got plans to travel around after? im trying to save up as much as i can now before i go... pretty much have zero social life now! haha. What department are u both working in? Im in food and beverage.

7. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi,

Yeah, we're going to go to Vegas after the program is finished, then onto Hawaii on the way back to Adelaide. We're both working in quick food and beverage.

8. Mel_c

Mel_c New Member

ahh yea thats the life hey! Have u girls heard anything back from Dk International or Disney lately? I havent heard from them since I got accepted. I was hoping they would send us Visa information or the group discount booking.

9. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

No, we haven't heard from them. We were wondering about that too coz we want to get everything booked and organised. Plus we might have to go to Melbourne to do the visa coz we don't have an American consulate in Adelaide. Emailed Trudy a while back and she said we'd all get welcome packages in the mail around mid to late August.

10. Mel_c

Mel_c New Member

oh ok, thats good to hear. Yea i gotta fly to sydney to get my visa, but oh well, gotta do it I guess. You done your police name check and everything too?

11. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Yeah, we've got the passports done and the name checks - I think I had a dyslexic police officer though, coz he/she totally stuffed up my address! Lucky for me, its still ok though. Where are you from - Queensland I'm guessing if you're going to Sydney for your visa? I'm Cassandra by the way, 24 y.o from Adelaide. My sister's Tina and she's 21.

12. Mel_c

Mel_c New Member

haha oh serious? yea mine actually had no idea what he was doing either...hes like "oh i hate this office stuff". haha. Well im Melissa and I'm 21. And yeah, I'm from Queensland, Brisbane. Cant wait to meet u girls in the good old U S of A! I know of two other guys from Australia who are going the same time as us. but apart from that, that's all the Aussies I know so far! Have you heard of any others?

13. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Other than the two of us, we're not too sure who else got in from SA! Met a couple of girls at the info session, but not sure whether they made it or not. We'll be glad to know more people from home as well :)

14. leeroy8

leeroy8 New Member

Hi!!

I'm 24, female, from Melbourne, and I'm going November 27th until February 8th.
    Oh yay I've been hoping to find other Aussies going around the same time as me :)

Hehehe I'm a character attendant :) So excited!

I'm feeling releived now - I haven't really heard anything since I got accepted and was a little worried.

Can't wait to meet you all!

- Lee ;)

15. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi Lee!

We haven't heard anything from Disney yet either, but I emailed one of the contacts the other day and she said that we will receive the forms we need to go for the visa interview in late August when we'll also receive the welcome packs. She also said that the discount flight situation hasn't been sorted out yet, but she'll email everyone when it is.

Glad to have another Aussie aboard!

- Cass

16. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

Hey there, so where abouts in melbounre do you live? Im from England and have been working for disney for the past 5 weeks, but also spent 2 years in oz and love especially Melbourne, it's like my favourite city EVER! I spent 6 months there.

17. leeroy8

leeroy8 New Member

Hi! I live in Dingley Village - in the south eastern part of Melbourne. Umm kinda half way between Frankston/Penninsula and the city ;D

So where abouts did you stay when you worked here? Yay I'm glad you liked it :) I love it here. What did you do for the 6 minths you stayed?
    I would looooove to visit England... Where abouts are you from? My mum was born there, and I've also got a few friends I'd like to visit sometime :D

And how's Disney? Hopefully you're still there when I eventually get there!

18. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Hi guys, I'm Bryce (from New Zealand); I'm 20 and in my third year of uni (Law School at Uni of Canterbury in Christchurch). I just recently discovered this programme (but have had an obsession with Disney theme-parks for years) and am really interested. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with a couple of questions.
    Because there is no Australian pavilion at Epcot you guys are just getting random jobs at different places throughout WDW right? It's just that when I go into the 'programme outlines' part of this site, even the non-cultural programme says you have to come from one of the select countries.
    Do you know if it is possible for someone from NZ to get involved?
    If I were to apply soon when would the 3 month period take place?

Thanks in advance!

- Bryce ;D

19. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi Bryce,

As yet I have no idea where I'm working! I know that I've been accepted as quick food and beverage, but I think it can be almost anywhere, although probably not in the pavillions since as you say there isn't one for Australia. Your best bet may be to apply through the disney international website if Disney don't visit unis in New Zealand.

Good luck!

- Cass

20. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Food and beverage will be cool, I have no idea where I would want to work, maybe in ride operations (but I suppose short-term international ppl don't get that).
    Anyways I'll go see the career ppl at uni tomorrow to try and find out some info, I really want to do something like this before I get stuck in a boring job at a law firm or something haha.
    I guess it's too late to apply for this year from the sounds of it, but maybe next Xmas holidays - being there for Xmas would be awesome, but I'd miss my family of course (and my dog!).

Thanks,

- Bryce