Back up!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by DigitalPhear, Oct 28, 2004.

1. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

I hate to be the one to breach this somewhat *taboo* topic...but..its a good topic.

Whats your backup plan? What are you going to do if you get the big no in the mail, or the phone call that says you didnt make the cut?

I know none of us want that, hopefully none of us will hear that, but all of you are obviously thinking it might not happen, so you must have a plan.

I deem this *WTF am I going to do if I dont get into wdwip?! :eek: "

Me...well..Im not going to reapply..I think if things fall through..Im outta here anyways. I need a change in life. Ya know..the worst thing in life, is when things get stale. Change is good, it doesnt have to be change every day, but, once and a while, it does a person good.

I think..I *hope*...that I will suck up the guts to sell everything I own..and head off somewhere. Id love to do Europe, but its pricey.

Im thinking of hitting Costa Rica...and buying a little Cabana operation..and just living a modest life ..living on the beach...learning to surf...shit..Im excited to be able to wake up every morning and pick fruits off trees in my back yard.

Who knows..maybe its a dumb idea and I could lose everything..but sometimes ya just gotta take the chance right?

What are you guys doing? Lets hear it!

2. Lady

Lady New Member

Interesting topic, especially from someone who is so confident!

Well, for me I still have 3 years of school to do so I'd be doing that. I've sort of committed to this being now or never just becasue when I'm finished school I'll probably be wanting to get a career and all of that. But if the desire is still there when I'm done school I'll definately apply again. But, if I don't get in this time it will be it for me for at least three years. Sucks to think about but we may have to face that reality.

Chelsea

p.s. what a downer! that all really sucks no that i think about it...3 years of school and no wdw??

3. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

well well well

i think that i will probably apply for club med .. i need some experience in my life.. calgary just isnt doing it for me :)

nine days GUH just phone!!!

4. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Clubmed is a good idea too.

Maybe a bunch of us should apply for club med. :D

5. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hey Guys

Well Club Med, sounds like a good deal for all of you. I already applied for Club Med and had the interview. I am just waiting for a part-time contract. There is a bunch of things you can do. Bar tend, childs program, life guard and many more postions. They are often in Calgary.

As for me if I dont get in. Well back to school it is. If I dont get in, I am hopefully going back to school in January. And I agree if I dont get in this time around, I dont think I will reapply, but you never no. I got some years on me for school to.

But I guess we can only wait and see what happens. You never know and the odds are pretty good. I was reading on the site that it is usually 1 in 10 people. This time around it is defiently not those odds. It is almost here, the time they let us know.

Scott, I am really liking your idea of Costa Rica. I think that would be great for you. Something different, and a great experience. Good luck!!!

Well guys good luck and I will talk to you all soon. ;)

Jordana

6. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Thanks Jordana :)

Well...you know if I dont get in by some fluke of nature that I will be down in costa rica...and by the time you guys are done your disney terms...my cabana/bar setup will be up and running, so we can all have a get together at my place :D

7. emma

emma New Member

well if i dont gte in im screwed!!! england education system is diferent 2 u canadians....i have deferred my entry to university now untill 2006...considering y year at disney...if i dont get in i have to hang around for a year before i can start uni...so im applying to camp america also and may have to work!!! gutted! hopefully disney will luv this little blonde scouser!!

8. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

@Emma..who WOULDNT love this blonde scouser.yummy! 8)

You can come to Costa Rica with me Ems...lots to do there!

heh

9. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Emma, I'm pretty screwed too....after June I'll have left uni behind me (thank god...it's about time...I feel like I've been there for about 100 years!) and if I don't get accepted to WDW I dunno what'll happen....just apply til they give me a job, but what will I do before I get the job??

I quite like the idea of winning the lottery and just bumming around for the rest of my life...travelling and taking photos and living the high life - #hi diddle dee dee, a traveller/bum life for me!#

Ellen xxx

10. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Ive always been a big fan of winning the lotto and doing NOTHING but travelling and partying until I cant take it anymore and keel over dead.

I really just dont want to work or learn...its just not ..what I had in mind for life.

now...if those stocks pay off soon..Im taking you all on a holiday for a few months :D

Except Griffy...he can pay his own way!

11. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Well, if they keep rejecting me, I guess I'll just have to get a job until finally I get in! I finish uni this year (well 2005- this academic year) so it would be the ideal spot to go, but we'll see! :)
    Charlotte x

12. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Hey Folks,

I'm the same with Charlotte. I'm going to keep on re-applying until the point that I annoy them and they get me in :) LOL So, I'll re-apply again for Toronto if I didn't make it. :) Appy apply apply :) I really hope I'll get in this time because this was the third time I've applied to the program and I hate the waiting. LOL

Other then that I'm not really going to do much other then taking a vacation sometime in January, don't know where to though.

Gary

13. Andy

Andy New Member

Seems all us UK people are screwed! Not getting in is not an option, if all falls through im going to space mountain and setting up camp! they will take me!!!

But i have nothing at all planned after not getting into disney, life of retail! ***shivers*** like Digital's plans, costa rica it is!

14. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

You and me Andy!

We're gonna run the sweetest bar & cabanna op in all of central america!

15. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Another UK person here whos screwed if they dont get in!!!!!

Ive pretty much had my life on hold though this application process and if I dont get then it'll be back to 'real life'.

I just cant face the idea of going to work 9-5 every day until Im 60!!! I dont want to do the conventional thing and work in an office - its just not me, I want the excitement of not knowing what each day is gonna hold.

So to answer the original question, I havent got a clue what Im gonna do if i dont get in!!!

Michelle xx

16. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

THAT is exactly what I feel like. To a "T".

17. Andy

Andy New Member

Im so using that in my interview! Beautifully put!

18. greendayfan

greendayfan New Member

Hey Dawson I know what you mean. I have been at my job for 17 years!! I Definatly need a change!! I think that I am too old to apply again. I phoned one of my bosses today and he said that he hasn't been contacted for a refrence yet. So I think that may be a bad sign. But hey you never know I guess, but heres to hoping. I couldn't even tell many people that I  was going for this interview. Because if I did tell anyone I may not be able to get a leave of absence. Well I hope that none of us have to think about what we will do if we do not get the job. I hope that all is well with everone, Chris.

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Well put Michelle sums me up as well. Well if i don't get in I will finish up at uni, as disney at the minute is my plan for my placement year as part of my course, then well if i don't get in i'll complete my degree and possibly apply again. In the meantime continue with my job @ alton towers getting industry experience, love the place, would be the only negative thing about goin 2 disney.

Sara x

20. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

i thought you guys would feel the same as me about not wanting to work 9-5!!!

And Andy, thats my line!!! You cant steal it!!!!! I think Ill have to have wordds with you before the interview next week!!! Only joking - we all feel that way so wes hould all def say it!!!!

Michelle xx