Bank info for canadians...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by katiekat, Jan 11, 2005.

1. katiekat

katiekat New Member

Hi guys!
    Ok, this might not actually be informative, or even new, but whatever..
    Today, I was at my bank applying for a credit card, and I was talking to the, uh, bank lady(?) about how I would be doing my banking in Florida. Turns out its possible to be saved the trouble of opening up a new American account once we're down there!
    So if anyone belongs to Royal Bank, maybe other banks too, because so many old people go down there for the winter I guess, there are Canadian banks in Florida. With a few simple arrangements, it's possible to keep your current bank account and all the info that goes with it, and just transfer it before you even go down there!
    Like I said, maybe you were all aware of this already, but if you were not, I suggest you guys all check it out, cuz I bet it could save a lot of trouble!
    luv Katie

2. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

I think there something kind of cool about opening an account at Disney's credit union, Vista FCU. The card is written with Disney font. (yeah, okay, so I'm a little too excited about a bank account). I believe that there are Vista bank machines around the cast areas of WDW, so you don't have to worry about having to find and RBC machine. I know that there are RBC's in the US, but I'm not sure how many there are. I think it might just be easier to open a bank account at Vista.... plus, you get to have disney cheques (oops... checks.)

Sandra :)

3. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Thats awesome Katie!! Thanks for that info...i was wondering what i was going to do with my bank account, because i heard that i was near impossible for a canadian to open up an account in the states because we are not citzens. I am with TD Canada Trust right now, but it will be really easy to just switch banks to Royal Bank up here before i go down. :)

Robyn

4. katiekat

katiekat New Member

Hey just glad to be of some help!!!! ::)
    Who knows, maybe td has some branches down there too!
    (i mean, there are LOTS of old ppl canadians in Florida in the winter! Lol)

5. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

No kidding!!! :p

6. gewels

gewels New Member

Hey there guys,

The whole bank thing may seem a little overwhelming, but I believe you actually are required to get a Vista account to enable Disney to give you direct deposit (which makes things really easy). A representative comes from the credit union and helps everyone fill out the forms to open the accounts in your first few days. It's also convenient as we have a Vista ATM machine at the Commons as well as Epcot Cast Services. I don't really enjoy Vista compared to CIBC back home, but it'll do for the next 5 months.

Giulia

7. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi imnot canadian but i know in the Us you dont need to be a citizen to get a bank account - you just need a social security card which Disney will help you get in the first few days as you can't work without it. Evil Queen i want to open an account with Vista FCU too - like how cute will it be to have a disney debit card and cheques!