Bathrooms

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by ellen101, May 8, 2005.

1. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Hey Alumni (and anyone else reading this!)

You may think this is a bit silly but I just wanted to ask a qu about what the bathrooms are like in the apartments!?!? I could be living in the most run down god awful place ever, but I wouldn't care so long as the bathroom wasn't nasty!! I have a big thing about bathrooms...so if you could share with me what they're like, I'd be very grateful...please do tell the truth too...if they are horrible, I'd much rather know!!

from your Disney friend, with quirky feelings about bathrooms....
    Ellen xxx :D

2. emma

emma New Member

heheh ellen good q.....wow the oC's on revision must commence later

3. Gareth

Gareth New Member

Ellen,

all the bedrooms in the apartments have an on suite bathroom, some share a shower with another room but all have a separate tiolet unit. i was there a few years back now but the bathrooms were always in pretty good shape, but it is upto you to keep it like that, so as long as you are a pretty clean person all should be good.

Gareth

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I couldn't stand a bathroom to be a mess unless I'd made all the mess myself...so I'll be there with my bleach and toilet duck and marigolds ready to scrub, scrub, scrub!! :D

Thanks Gareth! :D

Ellen xxx

5. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

The bathrooms are fine...normal apartment bathrooms.

When I moved into my second apartment though, the girl living there was a pig, and I called the WDWIP office immediately. Within two weeks they had retiled the bathroom!! Whoohoo!!

Generally speaking though, you have nothing to worry about.

6. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Your apartment will be cleaned before you move in by a cleaning crew (or while I was moving in, in my case, because I was so early!). After that, what your bathroom is like, is up to you and your roomie.

We complained about lots of stuff in our apartment and managed to get new carpet and a new kitchen floor. They also wanted to repaint it, but gave us less than 12 hours noticed to get everything off of our walls, so we threw a fit and they didn't come.

shan

7. ItsTough2BePatty

ItsTough2BePatty New Member

Like everyone else said it is mostly up to you how clean it is. They sell these wondeful things that are like a stick and you just put a new sponge on it everytime you need it and scrub and then push a button and flush it down the toilet (there's one by Scotch&Brite and one by Clorox) they work wonders!!!!
    I also bought Clorox wipes to clean the counter and stuff and never had a problem with my bathroom.

And like they said too, Price Management is really good about fixing stuff in no time for you. I got a new bed and new carpet while I was there

8. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

WOW :eek: so you get your own little maintenance crew!!! We kind of have that in uni halls at the moment, but they're crap...they took a week to come and fix my shower once...and it wouldn't turn off!!! So if they're as efficient as you imply they are, I'll be well chuffed!! and thanks for the info about the cleaning products...I'll be sure to hunt some down...

....and if anyone was thinking, yes I am like Monica in Friends when it comes to being tidy and clean!! :-[ ::)

haha! :D

Thanks guys! :D
    Ellen xxxxx

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha yeah i have that tendancy to be a cleaning freak!

funily enough im not like that with my room at home, but when i was at dance school....oh god that flat was disgusting, something had to be done! i think they thought i was mad! but i cleaned for 2 days straight!

xxx

10. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

there's nothing wrong with being a cleaning freak....its far better to be clean and tidy then being a messy pig!!!!!!

11. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Very true....HOORAY FOR THE CLEAN FREAKS!! :D

12. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

I have to say im joing the clean freaks!! i had 2 share a room with my sister before she moved out and she is soooooo messy i used 2 throw wobblies at her all the time. i am embarrassed to say that my mum does ocassionally (like every week) tidy my bedroom! whoops! also have to amit i dont know how to work the washing machine either! in saying that i did but a load into and everything seems 2 b ok! hooray!

Jo
    xx

13. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

i use to be really messy before i went to uni but since then i have more respect for my things so like to keep things tidy, i also find i can work a lot better in a clean and tidy room, if my room is ever messy it just gives me bad vibes and i cant concentrate on my work!

14. emma

emma New Member

im such a neat freak i actully cried yesterday whilst washing the dishes coz i was fuming how many had been left...mess makes me nervous...its like a compulsive thing...weird

15. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I get like too Emma!! ::) Everything should be neat, in piles, or in its proper place....

'A place for everything, and everything in it's place!!'....where's that from?? ::)

16. emma

emma New Member

erm mary poppins?

17. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

This is where it's from apparently:

Samuel Smiles (1812-1904) in Thrift. 'A place for everything, and everything in its place.'

Or so Google tells me! :D

Ellen xxx

18. emma

emma New Member

not a clue...

19. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha thats funny.
    emma you cried coz of dirty dishes....um im not that bad! but yeah it does stress me a bit! if i walk into a messy room then i wanna clean it!

xxx

20. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I'm going to have issues; I have always lived at home with my mom who I seriously think has cleaning disorders. She vacuums almost every carpet in our house every day. But anyway this is just what I am use to and I doubt that I will get a roommate who does this lol. I'm just going to have to take after my mom and learn how to clean.