BE CAREFUL

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by HockeyChamp, Feb 10, 2006.

1. HockeyChamp

HockeyChamp New Member

Hey Guys,

I want to start off by apologizing for that last topic I started. I was trying to prove a point, and I guess I wasn't very clear on that point. I started this one just to say that I want you guys to be extra careful when you get down here. Disney will terminate you for the stupidest reasons imaginable. For exmple, one of my best mates, Andy, was termed for a accepting a tip. THats how cheap Disney is. We get fired for accepting a fucking tip! One of my best friends, Jaime, got terminated, thanks to her roommate Natasha, and she flew home this morning. Jaime was by far one of the coolest people down here, and she will be sorely missed by all. I just wanted to say BE CAREFUL, and if you ever have a problem, I'm in 2912 at the Commons, don't be shy. My number is 407-560-2280 ext 1584 if you need anything. For as long as I am here, I'm going to try to help!

Chase

2. HockeyChamp

HockeyChamp New Member

this was my last post, by the way, I'm no longer gonna be on the boards... You guys know where I am if you need me!

3. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

This is getting annoying.

Look, you act like an idiot, you get termed! I don't know why people are so surprised at this!!
    Yes, we will miss the people that are termed but Disney sets their guidlines and you deserve what you get if you don't follow them.

Easy.
    Good bye Chase.

4. Hey Chase, that sucks! How hard it must have been to say goodbye to a good friend before it was expected :(
    It really does scare me how easy it is to get terminated! Espcially for things that are beyond your control, like your ROOM MATE drinking (if in wellness) or your room mate doing drugs (and you not knowing about it) we really have to be ratting on other people, including our friends just to save out own necks eh?
    Thats sad.

Chase - I'll see you in 43 days! Maybe I'll be in an apartment near yours since I'll be in Wellness too, I think those ones are usually clumped together if I remember correctly. See you soon :)

5. cadey

cadey New Member

how stupid how is it acting bad if you accept a tip thats silly, thought you were allowed to accept tips.
    why should ppl get sent home for something someone else has done roommate etc.

6. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Disney and Price Management (the company that runs/owns the Commons, Vista and Chatham) are quite clear on what you can and cannot do.

You are only alllowed to accept a tip if you are in a tipped position (serving or bartending) OR if the person offer who offers the tips keeps insisting after you officially decline it twice. Non-tipped Canadians are supposed to donate their tips to our candy fund :)

Most of the people who get termed (not all, butmost) are termed as a result of something that happened at home; usually underage drinking or something drug related.

Don't be scared about getting termed!!! There is a lot of it floating around down here and on these boards at the moment, but you just have to keep your brain turned on down here as you would ANYWHERE.

In an unrelated note, I am so excited to get new people! Although the last group of new people rocked so the bar has been set high for you guys... ;)

~ Jen :)

7. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Yep, as was said above, all you have to do is be careful and not be stupid!

Don't accept tips if you're not in a tipped position...seems pretty basic eh? It's not worth that one time keeping a 2 dollar tip to have it catch someone's eye and you lose your job.

8. hey Jen - I'm so ecited to meet YOU new-to-me people!!!
    eek, the bar is set high? well GOOD cuz we're gonna ROCK the cazbah! lol

9. emma

emma New Member

yeah but ull fing that a cast member who has accepted one 2 dollars normallyhas taken ALOT more previusolylol, if u do it once u always will. just dnt do it simple as

10. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Sometimes you can get easily terminated, sometimes you can't. It all depends on your own behaviour and what kind of liberties you allow yourself to take.You don't really have to "be careful", just be smart. Make wise decisions. There always have been people breaking Disney rules (and the law...) and there always will be. I could tell you many stories, but you are sure to hear new ones... identical ones. Just don't be daft...

11. cadey

cadey New Member

thanks everyone for that it doesn't seem as bad now are all the rules and stuff in the handbook we get beforehand.
    im so excited to come i love to party obviously without drinking when im there im 20.
    i have my 21st birthday while im at disney as well that should be mental.!!!!

12. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

think u will find it was alot more than just accepting a tip!!!!
    those who are in the uk pavillion know the full story - and seeing as chase is from canada i think he needs to get his facts straght before he goes telling his little stories!!!!!!!!!!!!
    guys if your gettng ready to come out here please dont listen to people like him!!!!! u only get terminated if u do something stupid - so please dont worry, come here and have a great time!!!
    ;D

13. Chloe

Chloe New Member

;) ;D ;)

^^^what she said

14. Carol

Carol New Member

I guess im not supposed to post here! I got terminated too along with jaime. its bollocks. The program is shite when accomodation comes into it but its amazing how close people become. good riddens disney and the mouse and good luck to the people on the program. cheers carolxx

15. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Love you, miss you Carol!!!

16. awww Carol :( may I ask, why you got termed?

17. sami-mouse

sami-mouse New Member

Hi - i'm new to these notice boards but just to let you know that when I was at Disney a friend of mine from Canada got terminated for using 25 cents and putting it in a stocking while doing his laundry, security caught him and he got terminated. Its an easy trick to do and everyone used to do it but he got caught.

My first night at Vista way someone was having a beach party in their appartment and literally covered the appartment floor with sand (which they got from the beach and they had a blow up swimming pool in their appartment. It was excellant but they got a wriiten warning. Parties only go on till 2am and then security come along and break it up and if there are more people in the appartment than beds you will get a written warning.

But apart from that it was the best year of my life and you will never experience anything like it in your life...

sami ;)

18. I don't get it............what stocking with 25 cents? huh?

19. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Its kinda like tieing a string to the coin so that when you put it in you can pull it right back out (thus getting a free whatever, in this case wash).

If I understand correctly.

20. adjonline

adjonline New Member

To be fair, most of these aren't the sort of things one is shocked to hear led to termination. Whilst one person getting one free wash doesn't seem too major, a lot of money will be lost if it's commonplace, so it is understandable that Disney clamp down on it when they see it happening.

If you abide by Disney's rules, which aren't particuarly onerous and are in the main common sense, you'll have a fantastic time!