Becoming a "friend" of a character in Paris

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phillfo, Jan 6, 2005.

1. phillfo

phillfo New Member

Hi everyone, I've recently finished the WDWIP where i worked in the Uk pavillion in the Rose and Crown...it was the best year ever! So good luck to everyone!!

I'm currently however in the process of applying to be a "friend" of a character in Paris, and was wondering if anyone else does that now or is applying or even has any information about doing so...

I have an e-mail saying that they have no dates yet for the auditions, though when they do i will get a phone, so crossed fingers....

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, didn't know where else to put it!

Cheers everyone - hope to here from you soon!!

Phill

phillfo@hotmail.com

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Phill, just out of interest- what is a 'friend' of a character? Maybe its me being dumb but I'm confused ???
    Good luck with it!
    Charlotte x

3. phillfo

phillfo New Member

Oh dear Charlie.... :p

I'd say a little dumb..but i still love ya!!

A "friend" of a character is the nice way to say character (in my terms)...just in case we have sensitive eyes around!!

Don't want to upset people...

4. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Oh ok, so you were just being confusing then  :p
    A little dumb huh :eek: ;)
    Charlotte x

5. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

:'( :'(

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Ah see Phill you're upsetting people again.

7. Louisa

Louisa New Member

well, I have a friend from london who did that. from what i know I think I tought thw wpr was pretty fun, but there was so may frensh and german people around. i don't think you have to speak engish to work in disney land paris.. and i think that makes it a littel bit harder to make friends there if you don't speak frensh.. but i can ask my friend from London what I thinks about it and then I let you know.

;)

8. phillfo

phillfo New Member

Thanx that would be a great help...

i beleive the auditions are in the middle of feb so any information at all about the position or the actualy auditions, would be greatly recieved!

cheers all :)

9. Ze Perfect Strange

Ze Perfect Strange New Member

Hey there,
    From what i heard a character s friend, is someone who is next to the character to make sure he s safe!
    If you want to ask question about the work and the living in Disney, you can get in touch with people that use to work or that are still working in Disneyland paris on www.castmemberstory.com, only the forum is open for the moment(you might recognize it). and the website will be open very soon to help people like you that wonder how it is to work in Disney.
    My ex girlfriend was working as a character for DLP and pretty much all of them come from U.K none speak french  ;D so dont worry!
    But true that disney is loaded with french and german people!!but they all speak english or at least love to speak english!!
    if you dont have anytning plan DO IT you can only learn from it, and honestly you can meet loads of great people!
    hope that help.
    ZPS :p

10. mandellauk

mandellauk New Member

Hi, Phill glad to see your asking questions on the boards, any other web links that any one knows of to help with the character audition in feb would be great !

MANDY X X X

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

that really sounds like fun! might look into it after Epcot!

xx