BENNIGANS

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Rudy, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Rudy

Rudy New Member

the place to be....

does everyone still go there?

i wonder if the same guys still work there, they were great! ;D

2. Lonja

Lonja New Member

not to mayn anymore, cause they took away the "O" bus and so iot is not that easy to get there anymore...its more tgi or other stuff at crossroad...at least at the time i was there!
    Lonja

3. Rudy

Rudy New Member

no way!!! that's awful, the o bus was the best one they had running. ;D

4. Quark

Quark New Member

But since it's just a short walk from Vista, going to Bennigans shouldn't be too difficult - even more so now that the F bus has stopped going to Crossroads after around 10 pm...

5. RCP

RCP New Member

Yeah things changed so much the past year. So we are not allowed anymore in vista, you have to get signed as a guest if u live in commons, and have to leave before 1 a.m. as guest and even they have bus passes and special permits for using the computer labs... so commons people are strangers in vista. So was easy to get TGIF in crossroad at least u have a car to get there by yourself.

RUBEN

6. Rudy

Rudy New Member

i always used to use vista's computers, there were more of them and so much faster! the ones in the commons where always broken! ;D

7. Stibymex

Stibymex New Member

Hi everyone!

Yeah!! Many things changed, specially that DYNAMIC situation is AN ISSUE!! They are providing the WORST service ever, there are some GREAT drivers, but a lot of them are rude and nasty and the routes are not what they used to be either. When I got there, you could go into Vista as a resident and go to Benningan's, Wallgreens, Wendy's, etc... now for example if you need to go to a grocery store or a drugstore after work, YOU JUST CAN'T... unless you walk there.  ??? Of course they still run the Wal-mart route but going there means taking AT LEAST two hours out of a day, not very convenient just for buying cigarrettes or something.

About BENNINGAN'S, I loved the POTATO CREAMY SOUP they have there and the ambiance is nice too.  :)

BYE!  :-*
    STIBY

8. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

Bennigans is more or less the same as it used to be. I was there just a couple of weeks ago. The menu is the same and is just as good. The only bartenders who are the same are Mike and Tyler. All of the others have gone on to do other things but the new guys seem just as good.

When I was there, the UK were still frequenting it but I don't know how much they go cause of the bus situation. I think they just rely on taxis a lot more.

Rich

9. laurie

laurie New Member

We had so many parties over there, so much fun !!!
    Nice place, i'll try to go back there when i am in Orlando again... so in a few days !!

10. gempop1

gempop1 New Member

Oh thats such a shame!  Bennigans was ace! It was one of the only places I could get server when i was out there and still underage!  Ahhh, back in the day....

I'm going back to Orlando in January, for the first time since I left in 2000.  I'm pretty nervous that I will spend the whole week walking around the parks and crying!!! it's been emotional! ;)

I will definatly pay a visit to Bennigans though! Good times...

11. reav

reav New Member

Benningans...Irish car bombs...nice! Heh, remember that night rich? I dont :)

12. Rudy

Rudy New Member

flaming dr peppers were great, though the whole bar watched you until you'd downed it, great place!

;D

13. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

Ahh yes. Irish carbombs and flaming dr. peppers. They were always god for a laugh. Think we managed to get into double figures drinking those one night.

14. AAAAAAAAAH the good old Flaming Dr. Peppers,

they were one evil drink.... but at the same time, quite fun!!!!!
    until you went white and passed out anyway.

Bennigans was awesome, miss that place so much. we made that place home away from home.