Best way to get between cities?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZZZ10, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ZZZ10

ZZZ10 New Member

Hey everyone! well my interview is soon and i'm reallyyyyyyyyy hoping i get accepted!
    If i do, i will not bring my car (i live in montreal) and i'm definitely going to see the Habs play in Tampa bay and Florida Panthers in Sunrise while also going to see the 3 Florida NFL teams play hopefully. For those who've been there already, what's the most convenient way of getting around if you don't have a car?
    Also, are work schedules posted at least 1-2 weeks in advance that way you know which days off you have so as to make plans for any little trips?

Thanks for your help!

2. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

If you don't have a car.... make friends with someone who does! A lot of people rent cars while they are there.
    Work schedules are posted 2 weeks in advance, BUT they can change at any time. If you need to have a certain day off, I would book it off just in case, even if it is your regular day off. And if that gets accepted, then they have to honor it, even if they change it at last minute (which happened to me).

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

how far do you have to book in advance?

4. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

book days off as far in advance as possible - even then you aren't guaranteed to get what you want. It's pretty easy to switch shifts with people or give shifts away, I did that a few times :)

5. mdj

mdj New Member

If both of us is getting accepted into the program, I want to join you on the trip to sunrise to see the Panters! Great team! Go Cats!

6. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Definitely worth renting a car, but shop around! Some companies (like Thrifty) offer discounts to Cast Members. So given the discount, plus splitting the cost between multiple people (the more the merrier after all!), it can be a pretty cheap deal. All the more reason to rent a convertible... 8)