Blue maingate pass...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by catfish278, Mar 5, 2010.

1. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Ok, so this question is going to sound a bit stupid... but I know it gives you six admissions to the park etc etc... but it is valid after your program finishes isn't it?! I am planning on using it between the 4th and 9th September (and my program finishes on the 3rd) to get me and my boyfriend into the parks..... ???

2. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I don't think it is because when you use the blue pass, you have to use your cast member id as well, but if that's expired then it won't work! I would think anyway!

3. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ooh whats this? x

4. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

I agree with neevyweevy-- i dont think it'll work because you need your disney id which expires oon your departure date, i feel like it wouldn't work to let other people into the parks after that, because you can't get into the parks with it once it expires--but i didn't actually try it, so i can't say for sure. If you buy discounted tickets at company d, tho, you dont need to show your id when you use them :)

Sofi-- the main gate pass is one of the many perks of your disney id-- in florida you get discounts everywhere just by showing it, even outside the parks. inside the parks the discounts rock *and* you get a seperate card, a maingate pass, which lets you up to 3 people into the park on 6 different days. You have to be physically with them at the front gates with your disney id to let them into the park, and they are then given a one day ticket (not a park hopper) so that they can still use fast pass, etc, once in the parks. There are some 'blackout' days where you can't use your maingate pass (my year i think the entire month of july was blacked out for magic kingdom, and most holidays are blacked out) but for most of the year it works :)

5. ariella

ariella New Member

Steffie- Last year the maingate pass allowed them to get a one day park hopper so hopefully it's the same this summer around. My family refused to use my maingate last year since they thought it would be "too difficult" to have me come sign them into the park ;D

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

oh noooo.... this isn't good! Even the 7 day tickets are still about £181 each :( When I did the program in 2008 I heard on the grapevine afterwards that the maingate was valid for 6 months after the program...

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I actually asked this when I was down there! My family came down, overlapped when I was done my program. You can't use the blue maingate without a Disney ID that matches the name on the maingate, and your Disney ID is expired, so it won't work. I ended up using it for my boyfriend at the time earlier in my program, and it was NOT a park hopper. This was in 2008.

8. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I used mine for my family in 2008 and it was a park hopper, that's weird!

9. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Ok either they changed the system last year or you guys came across some pretty mean people!

The information we were told at the end of the programme was that the blue maingate works for 2 weeks after your last day.

I used it in california disneyland a week after my programme ended with no problem at all, me and 3 people given the park hopper and it was no problme at all. They had to scan it at the parking booth so we thought it wouldnt work but it was no problem. I showed my driving licence as proof of ID.

We had 2 maingate passes (me and my bf) so we ended up giving our spare ticket to another family who were soo happy, they managed to get into disney by just paying for one pass and it was nice to still share the magic.

It still worked for the free stroller as well! And it is most definitely a park hopper!!!!

The way the system works, for anyone who doesnt know! You must be there to get your guests in, you hand in ur maingate and id and you will get up to 3 tickets printed for your family/friends to use. They are then free to go where they want (The rules state that you must stay with your friends at all times but no one does really, family are fine to let loose). I often got my family to meet me at the Animal Kingom gate, I'd let them in and then go back to work whilst they went hopping and then would meet them at the studios etc later after my shift.

So basically there should be no problem using it for the 2 weeks after and it is a hopper. I didn't get my pass for about 2-3 weeks after arrival though! xxxx

10. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

woo hoo i would love if what it was my year has changed for the better :) A parkhopper would be awesome! I had no trouble letting my family in, and the couple of days i couldnt get there, i made a deal with a friend that she let my fam in, and later in the summer i let her fam in :)
    I'm pretty sure i got my maingate at traditions, but i could be wrong...

11. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Yeah, last year, not at traditions but at one of the meetings with the other paperwork there was a piece of paper on the desk saying our address must be correct on the hub and we'd recieve the maingate that way (i ended up picking mine up from the office at the commons, as I changed address from PC to CS).

They are without a doubt a hopper pass, you put ur maingate through the machine and it prints off the 3 hopper tickets for ur guests. It 100% is a hopper! :) xx

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOL conflicting info then! Thanks for that, I really hope it will work after my program at WDW but I guess the only way to find out for sure is when I get there! If worst comes to worst you can still buy discounted tickets as a CM anyway I guess. ;D

13. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

yeah just to reitterate what Kylie said, I used mine in Cali too...i had other tickets,but thought lets try it!!! It didn't work for discount though i don't think....but it worked to let us in.
    We were told they'd stop working on our last day, so i think it might just be luck really!!! Also you're meant to give your Disney pass back...but they didn't ask us last year. I suppose you could just show your passport etc as photo ID as your housing ID(with the picture) you deffinately have to give back to them!

Ahh I cannot wait!
    xx

14. catfish278

catfish278 Member

yeah I remember giving back my housing pass in 2008 but I still have my white disney id :D Ah well, maybe I will just play it safe and buy tickets, I shall investigate in approximately 97 days!! AHHH!! ;D ;D ;D

15. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Oh my goodness!!! It's under 100 days!!!!!

16. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Hey guys!!

I'm heading out to Disney on in September to do the CRP!!

I was told that you Blue main gate pass gets renewed in the new year

therefore i will have 6 days form September-December then get another 6 days from January 2011 does anyone know if this is true??

17. Eve

Eve New Member

Just a quick question??? with the pass do we ourselves get in for free as many times as we want??

18. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Your Disney ID will be your ticket to get into the parks whenever you want. You can use that as often as you want, but there are some black out dates when you can't use it, these are usually the busiest days like 4th July, Christmas etc...

The blue maingate is just to get your guests into the parks.

19. Sofi

Sofi Guest

Hey if we work there over summer can we book tickets to visit the park say september just after we finish and get discount on them? im just debating whether to book tickets now whilst its 14 days for the price of 7 x

20. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yep you can get discounted park tickets to use after you've finished being a CM... you can buy them once you are there from a shop called company D which is only for Cast Members :)