Books about Disney!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Emmafruitpastell, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Emmafruitpastell

Emmafruitpastell New Member

Bit off topic, but since we may have to wait ages to hear back, I fancy reading some books on Disney, so far I've read Realityland, Mouse Tales, More Mouse Tales, Mouse Under Glass, and Mousetrapped; A Year and A bit in Orlando.... so I was wondering if all you amazing Disney pps had any further recommendations? :D thanks!

2. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

Have you read "More Mousetrapped"? Its just a little addition to the book but its still worth a read, I like her style of writing. I've read a bunch of different books but there's a lot of garbage out there.

3. Emmafruitpastell

Emmafruitpastell New Member

nope, just ordered it on my Kindle though thanks! any other you liked, or definitely didn't like (so I know to avoid?)

4. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

Not sure if it's the sort of thing you'd be into, but there's a fiction book called Dream Factory. Clealy, the authors have never spoken to anyone who actually WORKS at WDW, but it talk enough about MK to get me excited :D

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hey. Just downloaded mousetrapped for my kindle. Thought I'd give it a bash haha. I'll let you know what I think. So far I feel a bit sad for the girl! :( haha xx

6. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

Theres a few on my blog (on the links page) but to be honest I've read a few that I don't recommend! There is one in particular from someone that makes all sorts of crazy claims/stories... sorry, but I don't buy it! If your looking for personal stories about time spent working for WDW, I would stick to blogs and not books.

7. Mr T

Mr T New Member

I wrote my masters dissertation around a Disney based topic, I can suggest loads of disney books but some are vert heavy going and certainly not bed time reading. I can give you the titles if you want but I dont think they will be much use as light reading.

Although Disney and His worlds is quite good by Alan Bryman, this is probably the lightest of all the books I could suggest and very interesting but still an academic text soooo dont know know how you feel about reading that in your spare time ??

let me know

8. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Hey, im doing my Year 2 Extended Essay this year on Disney and its effect on society/ Walt Disney's racism and how it comes across in his films.
    Can you recommend any books to me? Pleeeease :)