BRITISH FOOD YOU MISS

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Gareth, May 12, 2007.

1. Gareth

Gareth New Member

hello
    i come to florida on a regular basis and was wonering if there are any items of british food that the cast members over there miss?? such as marmite or bisto gravy etc
    if you would like any items bringing over then please let me know by message and iw iwll be happy to quote you a price
    thanks
    Gareth
    ps. could be a good business opportunity for someone in the commons

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

They sell all them sorts of things at publix..So think someone got there before u! haha..The import costs are reflected by the price tho!

3. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Ew!

Ew!

No thanks.

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

What! Guessin your southern..Because northern boys love their gravy!

5. Gareth

Gareth New Member

cheers for letting me know johnboy, i think they sell the items in walmart as well on the latin isle, but hopefully i will be able to bring them out cheaper,
    thanks
    Gareth

6. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

how dare u badmouth marmite's name!!

7. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I always have mushy peas with my chippy. :D I'm northern, half way between Glasgow and London on the dot my hometown is.

8. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

I actually live off Marmite. When I did the ICP my mum packed me off with 3 pots in my suitcase!!

I reallllllly missed Cadbury's though. They do sell it but it's not got the royal seal i.e. it's made in the States, which means it tastes like Hershey's and is pants.

Also...curry!!! Oh my GOD I missed curry. My jaw hit the floor when the American guys I lived next door to said they'd never had an Indian. I spent a fortune on imported Homepride tikka masala sauce in Walmart so I could make them one (and they loved it)...but it wasn't the same without Naan bread, which was impossible to find.

9. hayleylovesorlando

hayleylovesorlando New Member

Aww I think I will miss chocolate too as over there it really isnt that great! But there is so much oher nice food in Orlando..haagen dazs like $2 at Publix!!! Wohhooo!

10. cameronmurdoch2

cameronmurdoch2 New Member

Em only two words needed if yoiur Scottish!

[size=10pt][size=10pt]IRN BRU[/size][/size]

But I have seen it in the Virgin in Downtown Disney but it is a rip off!!!!

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]IRN BRU[/size][/size][/size][/size]

11. linsey

linsey New Member

and we can't even take bru with us because of the restrictions which sucks big time!!

I don't want to have to spend a fortune on it, but indulging now and again will be a must!

The only other thing I know I'll miss is proper takeout... chips and curry, or a good kebab...

12. I have to say I will be missing Irn Bru as well. It is strange that we can't take it with us. It is possible to bring juice etc out but not in. I suppose it is all down to the scare last year which I missed by a whisker. I arrived home from WDW the day before. Gosh that was a relief otherwise I would have had to leave almost all of my stuff there.
    Anyways not being able to have it just gives me another reason to drink more of it!! ;D
    Its a shame as well, you would think that they would sell some form of it at the UK Pavillion they sell almost everything else...

13. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, i think u'd be able to bring them over with a nicer taste, because the stuffs definetly not the same, its like Guiness tastes nicer in ireland apparently..Although i've heard somewhere that they now import it all from ireland and have shut the english breweries down!

To be honest, i hate iron bru, i think it tastes like original lucozade to be honest, which i also hate!

Has anyone been to bennigans before? That place makes me forget all the things from england that i miss..I've never tasted food so nice in all my life!

14. hayleylovesorlando

Bennigans...mmmm

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Whats your favourite there?

I used to get the bleu cheese pita all the time and a tub of honey and mustard sauce on the side!

Its heaven..I also got the 1lb Irish burger on the last night! Just as a challenge to see if i could eat it..I did at a struggle but i suffered for it afterwards! haha..

16. hayleylovesorlando

When we went I had a lovely Caeser salad, grilled salmon-and the brownie bottom pie-oh I did not feel good after that!! But it was awesomre..can't wait to go back lol!

http://www.bennigans.com/menu/index.php

17. linsey

linsey New Member

yeah, not only is there the 100ml rule for bringing liquid on the plane with you, but irn bru is difficult to get into the states because they refuse to say what the 'recipe' is and so customs don't like it going into the country. So it's cool to find it in the supermarkets. Only problem is the price....

18. hayleylovesorlando

Diet coke is good enough for me lol!

19. rachet

rachet New Member

i love diet coke. my housemate is addicted to it. he drinks it every day and when he tries to stop he gets headaches. he once tried changing to fanta as a kind of methodone for heroin addicts, but then he just ended up addicted to that instead.

im going to really really miss hendersons relish out there. i put it on everything.

20. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Definitely going to miss chocolate. Ben & Jerry's will have to substitute, but it's not the same as a cup of tea and a twirl :(

I don't know if this applies to America as well, but apparently Canadian bacon and bread is weird/ tastes funny too, so if that's true I'll definitely be missing that...