Bug warning

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by MyLittlePony, Jul 2, 2005.

1. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

The first thing you should get when you arrive is a bug spray with DEET. Many English and Norwegian have been bitten and gotten HUGE allergic reactions. We think its spiders, but were not sure. So get that spray and use it!
    I've been bitten far too many times by this weird bug and its really horrible!
    So go get that spray people!!!

2. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

Good Idea! You should also get After Bite Lotion...it keeps the bug bites from itching!

3. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

My boyfriend got bit by some bug while we were there working and his hand and arm was so swollen he couldn't work for a few days. They have some definite big scary bugs down there.

Shan

4. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

:eek: OMG... i so hate bugs!!! ewwwww....
    im gonna have this spray thingie on the top of my list now!! thanks

5. helen

helen New Member

Ok now i'm getting worried /stressed!!!

I really really hate bugs/spiders anything like that :( :(

Helen x

6. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

yay helen, youre not alone!! i hate them as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

there is some weird and wonderful wildlife here but it's not like the place is crawling with creepies!! you'll be ok! Look out for the frogs tho....they seem to live in abundance at the commons!! and the tiny lizards.....

Mosquitoes are the most common bite people seem to have!

Ellen x x x x :D
    P.S. If anyone suffers from heat rash, bring some anti itching stuff with you....I don't have any at the moment (no day off til Wednesday when I can go to Walmart!!!) and I'm itching like crazy!!!

8. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

omg! I HATE FROGS!!!!!!!!!!!! and i can tell i would scream with the top of my voice when it jumps (if its near me or jump towards me) lol...

no kidding, itching sucks!!! i used to suffer in eczema.. couldnt sleep at night and keeps me scratchin every sec! and it sucks!! :'(

9. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

lol, tell me about it, eczema is the worst desease one can have.... you suffer 24/7...
    and I have one of the worst degrees of it as well... :'( :'( :'(

10. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

lol.. isn't that suxx????
    im glad mine's getting better!!! but i can tell it was nightmare!!!!!

11. CrEsT

CrEsT New Member

Lol...

this is gonna be fun...

12. 007 Bond

007 Bond New Member

lol,
    lovely, that will be a thing that we will have to get used to, shit.
    will have to stock up.lol
    must be worst in the heat and at night
    james

13. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

hey ppl..the bug sounds scary...
    ive done a little research and there is not much poisonous or deadly in florida...snakes are the only thing to worry about..and dont get too near any alligators!!
    There are 6 deadly snakes apparently...one of which looks very like a non-venumous one which alot of ppl confuse with...a good ryhme to remember which is which.
    Red touch yellow kill a fellow, Red touch black good for jack.
    The scary snake has a yellow bed which touches a red band and the good snake has a red which which touches black but they are both red black and yellow :) ooh i guess a lot of u are confused now! hehe!Its called a coral snake...check this page out...http://www.floridaconservation.org/viewing/species/snakesv.html

14. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

i hate snakes....i really hate them...

15. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

oooooh, snakes are coool ;D ;D , bugs, on the other hand, I'm terrified of... :p

16. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

this is gettin crazy and scary!!! :eek:
    BUT if they're not gonna bother me.. im totally fine with them!

otherwise... hmm lol

17. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

its jus the bugs spiders and mosquitos im bothered about - alligators etc are ok jus dont annoy them lol and theyll leave you alone - the little frogs are ok they jus climb up the walls, they look prety cute - like cha cha the tree frog from the rainforest cafe ;D

18. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

lol kelly... i still dont think the tree frog is cute! hahaaa

19. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

@ lillybett - i'm sure most people won't be seein the snake long enough to look at the colours, they'll beat the other side of florida probs! haha.

I don't mind snakes at all, spiders can be freaky especially if I don't know what they are. I pick spiders up here in england cos I know it's safe but in florida I don't know which ones can be bad for ya! and how do they bite u without u knowin if they are spider bites or not? (someone said they think they might be spider bites)

and frogs, they hop they're cute no worries about the frogs! and those cute lil lizards they're just cool!! a friends of mine accidently took one home it survived wrapped up in clothes in his suitcase, he kept reptiles and think he said it lasted about 3 months then died.

20. Mandy_W

Mandy_W New Member

hey guys,

i dont mind frogs and lil lizards!!! i saw one the other day here in my hometown...in germany....havent seen one here before...its crazy :)!!

BUT I DEFO hate spiters and bugs and wasps and anythiong that is lil and flies and make weird noises ???ewwww