Calgary and Vancouver interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Lady, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Lady

Lady New Member

Hey everyone!

Just writing to see how the interviews in Vancouver went today. The interviews in Calgary went pretty good. The presentation made me so excited to go and most of the other people there were super friendly. Got to meet a bunch of people from the boards which was really cool. The Disney people told us that there were 48 jobs open which is better than I thought. So nervous for the next two weeks to find out the results. Hope you guys all did well and can't wait to hear about it.

Chelsea

2. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Hope you did well at the interview Chelsea :)

I just got out of my interview like 10 minutes ago. There just happens to be a internet cafe near the interview place. LOL Well I think I did good and I hope everyone did good too. :) Now the nerve racking wait!

Alot of people came to the first Vancouver interview, the second one is tomorrow. 48 jobs going to be available and I don't know if the two emergency dates are included in that number. Two positions are open for December coming up. 48 seems small for me because they are picking out people from Calgary and Vancouver together. I wonder how they going to decide on who goes and who doesn't because that's ALOT of people to go through.

What I found interesting is that they did the interview one on one which is different from what they did in the past. Did they do the same thing in Calgary?

I'll pray that everyone did well :)
    Gary

3. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Guys Trace Here, (THe one in the Green Top Today)

Ha ha, Anyways the interviews went great, I have never been so calm in an interview and had everything go just as planned :D No Hard questions!! I was soo happy!!! :D ha ha yeah and the presentation did make me even more excited to go, I told Julie that in the interview, that it really just wanted to make me wanna jump for joy!!! and she said ok, well lets see it?? Ha ha so i jumped for joy right there in her office, it was great! Anyways, I Hope everybody's interview went as great as mine! I really hope my dream of being able to be apart of this AMAZING Magial Expirence Will happen!! You guys were so friendly to me as well, Thanks I deffinally made some Good Friends!!!

Luv ALways Cast member ;) Trace

4. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Oh....One more thing....... They arn't holding interviews tommorow, Today was the only day for Vancouver....They were able to place everybody in one day!! yay!!!!!!!

5. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Hey guys! It was really cool meeting everyone :D I thought the whole experience was GREAT! Only two weeks before we find out? :eek: I thought we had to wait a month? I'm glad to hear everyones interviews went well :) Now here comes the fun part.........waiting ;D

6. Lady

Lady New Member

Hey Jolene! Are you at home now or still here in Calgary? It was really great to meet everyone and even if I don't get in I think it was a great day. Only one set of Vancouver interviews?? AWESOME! Less competition! I thought that 48 spote were actually pretty good compared to what I expected. Not awful odds. Yeah Gary we all went in one on one which I am definately glad about. Well can't wait until we all hear trh good news!

Chelsea

7. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Hey Chelsea :D I'm back home in Winnipeg now, I had a good flight home until we hit some yucky turbulents and I felt like I was on a rollercoaster, but it was all good! I'm surprised too that they were able to fit everyone in in one day for the Vancouver interviews.
    Jo :D

8. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Guys.... I'm back home in Toronto, too. Sorta sad I didn't get to spend more time in Calgary. Ah well, and excuse to go back I guess.

Gary, glad to hear your interview went well. Jo and Chelsea, it was great meeting you both yesterday. Wow... it's only been a day. Next couple of weeks are going to pass so slowly. Hey, Chels, did you get that essay of yours done?

Wishing everyone the best of luck.... it's all in the hands of Disney now.

Sandra :)

9. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

DAMNIT i dont know what the vancouvers peoples...?? faces look like .. i thought i had it all under control!
    SO exited

hey JO!!
    was the flight good?

we missed ya last night!
    Jossy

10. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

How many people showed for the Vancouver interviews?

we had like 35ish at Calgary...im trying to figure out odds here.

11. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey,

I would say about 40 ish at the vancouver Interviews!!! :D Accually mabey not even that, We had a lot of no shows as well!! ha ha their LOsss!!! I really don't know if i can handle 4 weeks of waiting :S!! But im going to have 2... teehee!

12. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

thats Great! we are looking at a 50% chance then. I like those odds! They are alot better then previous interviews.

13. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

oh sweet!!! I really like those odds 2 :D

14. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

That's good that they didn't have an second interview today in Vancouver. Better chances for all of us really. I wonder why they cancel the second day? Were there that many people that didn't apply this year? I'm also wondering if there's 48 positions available now, does the rest of the people that got through be put on the waiting list?

Well, I'm enjoying myself in Vancouver so much that I think I"m going to stay here an extra day. LOL Anyone in Vancouver want to join me for night clubbing? :)

Gary

15. Lady

Lady New Member

Hey guys!
    Glad you're having fun in Vancouver Gary, but you would have had more fun with the Calgary crew!! haha j/k! I was amazed that there were so many job positions open and the lack of people being interviewed. Were there many people there from Vancouver? At the Calgary interviews only like 4 people there were actually from Calgary. 1 week and 5 days until we hear!

Chelsea

16. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Aww I would come... but im not 19 yet, In a week I am!!!! :D haha but thats good that you enjoying youself!! :D um, i think they didn't have the second day because of not as many people showed up this year!! I think they were expecting many more!!! But oh well thats good for the rest of us :D :D :D But not fair chels that you have to wait only a week... and a couple days!!! We gotta wait like 4 weeks and if we don't hear from them we have to calll them on December 17th, which i don't think would be a good sign!!! :S cause if they really wanted you then they would call you right? OH well, I just can't stand the waiting, I know we have to wait a while but everytime the phone rings, I jump!! teehee!!

17. Lady

Lady New Member

Really, you guys have to wait that long?? I hope that's not the case with us. We were told that they'd let us know in about 2 weeks. Hopefully they were right when they told us, I can't stant waiting 2 weeks let alone a month!!

chelsea

18. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

From what I understand we will probably waiting more then the two weeks that Eric said.

Your as good as in anyways though Chels :D

19. Lady

Lady New Member

you better be right scott becasue if you're not...

Hey, does anyone know the name of the other lady interviewing besides Julie? It's driving me insane that I can't remember and it's on the tip of my tongue

20. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Lady, I know! It's been driving me nuts too, is her name Mary?