Canada Applicants Summer 2014

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Catherine09, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

Hi there! This page is for people applying for the J-1 Cultural Exchange Program 2014! I want to know who you are! ;)

I'm Catherine from Quebec, Canada and I'll be applying this Thursday to work next summer in Disney World! :D

2. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

My name is Jessica and I'm in Disney World right now working as a character performer in the ICP!

I come home in less than a week and am planning on applying again. I was going to wait a year but I think I'll try for 2014!

3. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

That's cool! In Quebec, we can't do the ICP program because there's not a single university offering this program! :-\

Where are you from?

4. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

I don't think that's correct. Many of my friends (who are here on the ICP) are from Montreal. I'm from Alberta. I didn't need my university to "sponsor" the program, I just needed them to sign a form saying they were a real university and that I was attending.

The J-1 Summer Cultural Exchange Program and the International College Program for Canada are the same thing.

5. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

Hum.. I don't think the ICP is the Cultural Exchange Program, because I think you have to go to classes when you do the ICP... For me, the ICP is the Academic Exchange Program... Did you have classes this summer?

6. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

Oh maybe I read about the college program that is only for USA students... So for us, the ICP and the J-1 exchange are same thing.. But what is the Academic Exchange Program if it's not the ICP ? I'm a little bit confused! haha :D

7. Elly1092

Elly1092 New Member

Hey! I'm from Montreal and I'm hoping to apply to the Cultural Exchange Program for summer 2014 too.
    Does anyone know anything about applications? They used to be through YummyJobs, but they aren't handling the Canadian Applications for the cultural exchange this year :-\

8. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Canadian applications seem to be moving to the official Disney careers website, both Cultural Exchange and Cultural Rep programs. I've heard from the Canadian's working down there now that Disney is trying to go completely paperless and trying to get most (if not all) applicants working directly with them. Yummy seems to be focusing on the UK applicants now, although I'm on the waiting list for CRP and I'm still dealing with Yummy. I figure that new applicants will be going straight through Disney themselves.
    Here's the website:
    http://ip.disneycareers.com/en/cultural-exchange-programs/cultural-exchange-program/overview/

9. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

Hopefully this means phone interviews for us, fingers crossed! Last year I flew across the country for my interview and it cost a lot of money.

10. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

I sent an email to Kristen Thursday and she forwarded my email to Jill X. Jacobsen, a Disney recruiter! So this is the response:

Greetings Catherine:

Thank you for your message and interest in the Cultural Exchange Program at the Walt Disney World Resort.

I am one of the Disney International Recruiters and was forwarded your message below.

For the Cultural Exchange Program, students from Canada will apply directly through www.disneyinternationalprograms.com .

We will begin collecting applications in September, please visit our website at this time.

At least we know we will apply in September!

11. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

Thank you very much for asking, Catherine! I was concerned that I had somehow missed it while I was in Florida. =/

Looking forward to applying again. It's a great experience. What role are you hoping for?

12. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

I would be happy with any role! ;D But my top 3 are quick service restaurants, full service F&B and merchandise. I would also like to be a character attendant but I read that it's not every year that this role is offered!

What was your role this summer? :p

13. Elly1092

Elly1092 New Member

Thanks for the updates everyone! At least now we know when we'll be applying :)

14. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

My role was character performer! I was friends with Pluto, Rafiki, and Mr.Smee. Hoping for the same role again. :)

15. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

Wow Thanks!! I've been wondering when that link would be working! I'm Laura, and this is my third time applying! I'm also from Montreal, and was only in Cegep my first time applying, which was why I didn't get accepted! I made it to the last round this year though, so I'm crossing my fingers that third time's the charm!

16. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

Hey guys! Applications are opened!! :D

17. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

Applied a few days ago. :) best of luck to everyone

18. Elly1092

Elly1092 New Member

I submitted my application a few days ago. Good luck everyone!! :)

19. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

The wait is killing me!! haha ;)

I hope we will have some news soon! :D

20. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

well, apps haven't closed yet and I was under the impression that they closed October 1st.

more waiting...