Canadian Applicants

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by anijac1412, Mar 1, 2010.

1. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone else here has applied through Cast-A-Way (for Canadian applicants)? How long did it take until you got some kind of a response from them?

I filled out their online application a few weeks ago, but never even got any sort of application confirmation. I've tried calling them directly before I applied, but no one ever answers the phone.

Any advice? ???

2. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I haven't applied myself (i'm still too young) but one of my friends was telling me that for Canadians the recuritter, Erik is scattered. And you really have to put yourself out there. Like send another e-mail asking about it, and keep doing so until you get a response and keep calling.
    That's my best advice to you.

3. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I applied on October 31st through Cast-A-Way.
    I emailed again on November 6th (I turned 21 on the 5th).
    I got an email almost immediately asking for my resume.
    Sent my resume, maybe three days later had a phone interview, after which he told me right away that as long as I passed a medical check I was good to go.
    My medical check was November 23rd. I had some hold up on immunization information, so it just finished being processed Wednesday. The medical check place is in Toronto, they have to send to form to Montreal to get it signed, after which they send it to Cast-A-Way. I was just about to email Eric right now actually to see how long the process takes after that.
    Regardless, he doesn't mind the emails. He's one of the cofounders of Cast-A-Way and they do hiring/recruiting for SO MANY places, so you can't blame him for being a bit disorganized. When I did my ICP Cast-A-Way was the hiring company, not Yummy Jobs, and I loved them.

4. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

Noooo!! I can't believe your going to the cruiseline!! I just left the cruise line! What role did you get??

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Caseyyy, I love you. I'm YAC! i was hoping you were still on board.

6. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

Awww Ang!! Go figure!! I was YA!! lol Do you know what ship your going to yet??

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Don't know a ship, don't know a date =(

8. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

I just re-added you on facebook, keep me posted what ship you get!!!

9. me and my friends all applied to Cast-a-way in December/early January and got a form e-mail saying our resumes were received. None of us have heard back about interview dates yet, and from what I heard they'd be taking place sometime in Feb or March. We're in Ottawa so we'd probably be asked to the Toronto or Montreal sessions. Has anyone heard back about this yet??

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Hey Surprise of the Century:

I didn't have a Face to Face interview for DCL. Are you on that email list of people Eric keeps sending around?

11. No, but I must be a cast behind you, since you applied in October and heard in November, so I would think the Dec/Jan applicants would be in the next round of hirings?

12. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Have you done a medical yet?

13. no no we're not even at that stage yet. the last contact we had after sending resumes was a form letter saying it was received. I'm trying to figure out if they've been contacting people who applied Dec/Jan yet, or if we're still good. I was pretty sure they'd at least invite me to an interview considering I was ICP and have 2 years exp. at a hotel...

14. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I was an ICP too.
    Cast-A-Way, I don't think, does F2Fs for DCL. They hired me over the phone.
    Add me to Facebook/msn? We can chat better that way.
    I just emailed Eric a half a dozen times before he responded, and then it went pretty quick after that!

15. Emily

Emily New Member

Hello fellow applicants!

I filled out the cast-a-way online form a few weeks ago thinking nothing would come from it, but earlier this week Eric e-mailed me saying he would like to have a "discussion" with me. I assume that would be a phone interview. He also informed me about the upcoming Disney Cruise Line interviews in Toronto in March (which I found out was March 8th and 9th from the cast-a-way website).

Has anyone heard back from Eric and know they have an interview yet? He has yet to e-mail/call me for a phone interview.

I am so excited to start this process!!!!!

Also, I put down that I could just do a seasonal contract, do you think that is actually possible to do a summer contract? Or is that quite rare?

Thanks so much!!!

16. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

If you get hired, you can turn down the contract and hopefully they'd give you another one, but they seemed to me like they wanted you to be able to go whenever they needed you.
    March 9th is my departure date! Good luck at the interviews.

17. Emily

Emily New Member

Thanks so much! That is so exciting that you are leaving so soon! Are you all packed and ready to go? Also, will you be keeping a blog while there so others can find out what the first few weeks are like ;)
    Hopefully Eric will e-mail or call me soon, I am checking my e-mail every 5 minutes waiting for him to reply!!

18. kate003

kate003 New Member

Hey! I've been trying to get a hold of Eric as well! He's a tricky guy to get on the phone. It seems pretty close to the interview dates to not have everything cemented down eh? Makes me nervous as I have to travel for them!

19. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I leave two weeks from today and have no contract or flight details yet. Disney likes to do things on the fly! I wouldn't be too concerned about cementing things with Eric - he does get around to it, he's a really decent guy.
    I'm no where near packed, as I don't have enough clothing to be able to pack and not have to wear things! Although I did have to buy a ton of things because the dress code on the boat is very strict, even for off duty. I'm also en route to Ottawa right now for 4 days, and using the bag I'm going to pack in, so that hindered things also.
    I keep a pretty detailed account of what's happening in various places. I'm ALWAYS available on Facebook and MSN to answer questions, etc., but you can also find me at theresthisbench.wordpress.com and theresthisbench.tumblr.com. My ICP journey is chronicled at the first address.

20. Emily

Emily New Member

Still no word. I can't focus on anything because I am so nervous/excited about a potential phone interview and Disney face-to-face interview.

@kate003 have you heard anything from Eric?

Hopefully this next week will bring some word from them, because the week after is the interviews.