Canadian Applicants!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by lauraICP, Aug 9, 2012.

1. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

Hi everyone!
    I figured I'd start a thread for my fellow canadians! Where are y'all from? Have any of you participated before? :)

2. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

From NB, never participated before but have been reading about the program since 10th grade! :D

3. whiterabbit

whiterabbit New Member

I'm from Toronto! It's my second year applying for the program, last year I got to the final interview stage then got waitlisted. I ended up not getting chosen off the waitlist which was disappointing but I figured I might as well try again :) Which roles do you think you wanna do? My top 3 are Merchandise (never worked in retail, hope that's ok :p) attractions, and character attendant. Last year I was going for lifeguard but after hearing more about that role it looks wayyy too stressful lol :p

4. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

I applied last year as well but didn't make it through either! I'm hoping for merchandise (lots of experience) attractions, pretty much anything else (probably character attendant too...)!
    How was the interview process last year? I wonder how the pre selection event will be (trying to stay positive Hahahah!)

5. DisneySparkles

My top three choices are character attendant, merchandise and attractions :) I'd love to be a character performer, but I couldn't make it to any auditions. Plus, the idea of standing in that heat with a big furry costume on all day isn't very appealing now that I know I'd have to start in June.

One of the girls who did the CRP has a blog about the pre-selection event if you're interested Laura :)

And great to meet you, whiterabbit! I really hope you get it this time :D

6. ooni

ooni New Member

Ignore this post! :) Good luck ladies!

7. whiterabbit

whiterabbit New Member

yeah i'm sort of nervous about the pre-selection event because i have no idea what they're going to do. last year there was a phone interview which was nice because i kept notes in front of me with the answers to some questions i thought they might ask. then the final interview came, they did a little presentation then gave us a time to come back for our actual face to face interview then sent us off to wait. the waitlist was actually sort of annoying because it just meant that i couldn't really move on and commit to something else because there was still a chance i might get it. so it was just like, pointless waiting for an extra month lol ::)

yeah character attendant seems like the benefits of a character (seeing all the happy kids & parents) without having to endure the actual costume :p

8. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

Yeah, I'd love to see that blog! Do any of you have tumblr? and seriously, its my dream to be a character performer but it must be such hard work!

9. DisneySparkles

10. William

William New Member

From Vancouver here!! Hoping to get a job in operations as that is where my experience is. Did the corkscrew rollercoaster for two years in Playland PNE here. It's nice to meet other Canadian hopefuls! :)
    Oh! And I also have a blog.
    http://dancedisney.tumblr.com/

11. theraininvietnam

theraininvietnam New Member

From London! Never participated before but really hope I get the chance! In second year university studying English and Languages (French, Spanish)
    I can't wait to meet you all! I hope we all get in :D

12. Justinee

Justinee New Member

I'm from Montréal and It's my first time applying for the program!! My top 3 roles would be: Attraction, Merchandise and Photopass member. I'm so excited to see how it all goes!!!!

13. DisneySparkles

You can't do Photopass on the ICP :S

14. Justinee

Justinee New Member

Ohh really???? Well, its ok.. There are a lot of roles I'm interested in!! But thanks for the information though!

15. DisneySparkles

You're welcome! :) I know a lot of people who want to do it, it's really a shame that t isn't allowable. From what I understand the reason is there's so much training involved that by the time you were able to work by yourself, it would be time for you to leave.

16. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

A fellow Montrealer! Awesome! I would've loved to do photo pass as well, but I guess we can't!:(
    What part of Montreal are you from?

17. Justinee

Justinee New Member

In fact, I am from Gatineau but I moved to the East of Montreal last year! I'm glad i'm not the only one from here thinking about doing the ICP ;D

18. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

Nice! i live in the east end too, near RDP... such a small world! I'm guessing you go to uni in montreal?

19. Justinee

Justinee New Member

Yes I do! We will hopefully see each other during this whole process!! :D

20. DisneySparkles

Hey, anyone else feeling anxious now that the UK applicants have gotten there first e-mails?