Canadians accepted into final stage??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by jordanj942, Aug 25, 2009.

1. jordanj942

jordanj942 New Member

Hey everyone my name Jordan from Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. Hope everyone is well, i got the email this morning confirming my spot into the face to face interviews words can't describe the joy i felt. Anyone else get the go ahead? Im sure lots. Lets all get to know each other haha.
    Jordan

2. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

Hi Jordan!

I'm Shayna from Guelph Ontario! I got the e-mail thismorning inviting me to F2F!! So pumped!!!! MOst of us who've been on here for a while all got interviews, but I know Yummy's doing it in stages too so there should be more still coming after us!! Eeeeep I'm sooo excited!! Have you ever worked for Disney before? What's your preference? F&B? Merch? Attractions?

3. jordanj942

jordanj942 New Member

Heyy, no i've never worked for them before but visited tons and tons of times and im so in love with the place, i can't even comprehend working and living there it would be simply amazing. I think i'd prefer F&B because i was a supervisor at starbucks for the longest time(2 years to be exact) and i loved it compared to the jobs that were similar to merchandise, I like fast paced enviroments ya know. What do you think you would prefer?

4. Hi Jordan!

Hey, another interior person! Yay! I'm Kathleen, and I'm in Kamloops. :) We'll be at the same interview!

5. princess_shayna

I'm the same way! I like fast-paced! I'm going for F&B too! :)

6. jordanj942

jordanj942 New Member

Hey Kathleen yea, i hope the interviews are in Van, i wouldn't like to go all the way to toronto or even montreal, plus BC owns all other provinces lol, but i wasn't born in BC, i was born in Manchester England which makes me "kinda" Canadian lol

7. Haha, well, you live here now, so you're Canadian. :)

Don't worry about the location. I'm fairly sure they'll do them in different places to ease the travelling worries of people.

8. jordanj942

jordanj942 New Member

haha yea i know, so are you guys already nervous for the face to face interviews??

9. SO nervous! I'm already freaking out about what I'm going to wear!

10. princess_shayna

They'll definitely have a few locations odds are at least one on the west coast and one toronto area at least! Maybe Halifax if there's enough demand!

11. princess_shayna

haha me too! It calls for a new interview outfit that screams... "HIRE ME DISNEY!!"

12. Haha, exactly! At least it's an excuse to go shopping!

13. princess_shayna

you bet it is :)

14. jordanj942

jordanj942 New Member

I love dressing formally haha, Shayana have you worked at disney before? Hey Kathleen imagine if we work at disney and on the name tags it will say kamloops, BC, and mine will say Kelowna, BC nobody will not have any idea where the hell were from lol

15. princess_shayna

Yeah I have worked down there before! I did the ICP in 2006 and worked in the Magic Kingdom in Toontown :) Best summer of my whole life! So i'm desperate to go down again! And with people I met on my first program too! We've all stayed super tight! SO it's sooo exciting!!!

16. Hahaa, yeah, that would be totally hilarious! :)

And Shayna, you'll just get to expand the group this time around! :D

17. princess_shayna

I know!! I'm super excited to meet everyone! We'll be an adorable Canadian Fam! lol!

And people will know where you're from lol! I'd hope if you're hired to represent Canada you'd know lol!! :D Kamloops and Kelowna are pretty fairly large cities still aren't they??

My cousin lived in Kelowna for a while she looooved it there!!

18. jordanj942

jordanj942 New Member

Yea Kelowna is biggish, its a growing city, i meant guest rather than other cast members. are any of you guys taking a car down there if your accepted? Shayana what were the f2f interviews like for the icp?

19. People will never want to leave the Canadian pavillion, we'll be so adorable! :p

Kamloops isn't a bad size. It's not HUGE or anything. And people tend to get it mixed up with Kelowna a LOT. But I like it. Lots of hockey crazy people here, so I'm right in my element! I only moved here a couple months ago, though.

20. princess_shayna

My friend Matt is driving his car down and i'm hoping (fingers crossed) to have a car of my own!!!

Face to face interviews were awesome for ICP! Like obvs you're nervous as hell! But they really do make you feel comfortable and the presentation they do at the beginning just pumps you right up! It's so full of magic and makes you want to go SO BAD! lol! In the end it's an interview and you've gotta be on your game - but honestly it's just an amazing experience that gets you all pumped up about going!!!!! ;D