Canadians applying in July 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by MeganHitachiin, Jun 6, 2010.

1. MeganHitachiin

MeganHitachiin New Member

So I figured we should introduce ourselves to other Canadians since I mean we coud eventually be working together. So I suppose we could just use the format that seems to be popular.

Name:

I'll start :D

Name: Megan Votour
    Age: 19 though I'll be 20 by the time interviews and stuff start up
    Occupation: I do some online schooling and I am doing 2 hours a week at my local animal shelter... I am looking for full time work just can't get a job
    Location: New Maryland, New Brunswick ... its this adorable village outside of the province's capital
    Applied before?: This will be my second time ... last time I got through the application process and was waitlisted for 6 months ... so I am hoping this will be my lucky time ^_^

I found last time getting to know people made the process go by so much quicker and I mean I still talk to most of the people I met :D

2. jslussier

jslussier New Member

Name: Jean-Simon Lussier
    Occupation: Studying to be a elementery school teacher but will be done with University if I get there!
    Applied before?: I did apply 2 years ago, get waitlisted, get a call and I decline because while I was waitlisted, I decide to finish Uni and then reapply, what I am gonna do in July!!
    Can't wait to apply, it's a long process but it worth it!

3. MeganHitachiin

Yeah every second of insanity is worth it plus the whole experience with applying and interviewing and meeting people along the way is lots of fun.

4. EaglesFanDan92

EaglesFanDan92 New Member

Name: Dan Cunningham
    Occupation: Currently been working at a PetSmart for a little over a year and a half and love it! Would way rather be at Disney tho :p also just finished school and possibly going to university next year havnt decided yet
    Applied before?: Nope first time, hopefully only time I need to apply

5. BCMC101

BCMC101 New Member

Name: Brooke McPhail
    Occupation: just finished high school currentley looking for job lol
    Applied before?:Nope first time :)

6. emactavish

emactavish New Member

Hi Everyone! I'm Erin. I have just applied to be a CR in the Canada Pavillion and was wondering how long it takes to get an email back telling you if you have been selected for a phone interview. And if all applicants get an email back once their CV is looked at whether they are chosen or not?
    Thanks for the info!!!

7. MeganHitachiin

hey erin ... last year it took them about 3-4 weeks to get back to me and they do email everyone with either an invite for a phone interview in the following 3 weeks or they send you an email saying you were not what they were looking for this time around. Last year I got one email after I registered then one later saying they had received my application. I actually saved every email and the one i received after applying said 4-6 weeks before we would hear back though it goes by quickly.

8. Lois21

Lois21 New Member

Thank you :) xx

9. emactavish

emactavish New Member

Thanks for the info. I actuall got an email today saying that they were interested and would contact me in the next 3 weeks with more in fo on the next step in the interview process!! How exciting! Anyone else got an email?

10. MeganHitachiin

I am still fine tuning my app so definitely no word yet but congrats ... the phone interview is pretty simple and fun

11. jslussier

jslussier New Member

Just apply...So exciting :eek: it's just hard to press the button and be sure that everythign is fine... I hope I'll receive good news reel soon!!!

Good Luck all! You'll see the process may be long but it worth it a lot!

12. emactavish

emactavish New Member

good luck to you too! Hope we see eachother in FLA in Jan!!!

13. MeganHitachiin

I know its exciting i applied last year lol

14. nammers

nammers New Member

Name: Jen
    Applied before?: No, I am super excited!

I hate the waiting! Got the email last week about waiting to hear about the phone interview!

15. vanessao

vanessao New Member

Name: Vanessa
    Location: I'm from Ontario but I an currently working in the Yukon for my second summer here
    Applied before?: Yes, waitlisted for the 6 months but no jobs came up for me.

I just sent in my application and can't wait to hear back from them!

16. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

hi everyone

ok so im just wondering, did you all apply on the 1st July when the canadian applications opened? and have you started to hear back now from yummy jobs about interviews?

Im only asking as the UK applications opened on June 21st and we are all still waiting to hear from yummy jobs......

17. nammers

nammers New Member

I did apply on the 1st of July and heard last week about wanting a phone interview and I have to wait 3 weeks to find out more!

18. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

awwww i wish yummy jobs would start to get intouch with some of us here in the UK,its been 4 weeks now since we applied!

What did they say in the email they sent you? just that you had been selected for a phone interview,with details to follow?

congrats anyway,you must be really pleased! :)

19. nammers

nammers New Member

Yeah, something to the effect that after reviewing my resume they have selected me for the next stage in the interview process and they will be contacting me in the next 3 weeks.

I am super excited!! :D

I hope that yg starts contacting all of you in the UK! It is super exciting to get the email!

20. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

i cant figure out the logic at all, they have had our applications since mid June and yet they get back intouch with you guys within 3 weeks.....?! no fair!!! Im hopefull that they are going to start getting intouch with us in the next few weeks,fingers crossed!

aww i cant really remember what the email said when i got through to the phone interview last time, i remember the interview tho and then at the end she told me that they wanted me for the face to face, that was pretty exiting. Nothing can beat the actual email you get when you get offered a place on the program though,mine came into my inbox at around 10pm,and there was no subject....and then i opened it,and the first line in big blue letters was "get your passport ready as congratulations are in order!" i couldnt believe it!

Fingers crossed for good news second time around! :D