Cast-a-away

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vader1, Feb 23, 2007.

1. vader1

vader1 New Member

Anyone hear from cast-a-way yet about april interviews even thought its a little early.

2. lululemon

lululemon Member

I actually did...I was away so my Dad took the msg! Apparently Eric called me a few days back (I was in Disney for reading week) and I have my phone interview on monday, and apparently the Toronto interviews are on April 12th

3. vader1

vader1 New Member

hopefully i will hear from them very soon might e-mail them back just in case

4. ajmacack

ajmacack New Member

do you know when on April 12th... they will be like 9am till afternoon prolly... no?

I have a 9am exam in kingston on April 13th..... WOW

5. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

here in Mexico they start at 8:00 am with a presentation and f2f start like 10 am, u can ask them to be the firsts ones if u have to leave ASAP, i remember a few who have a exam at the next day ( a relly big group like 20 of them) and they were the first to have their f2f cuz they had a plane to catch... so make sure to ask for it =), like i said here in Mexico, times can vary in other countries lol :D

Good luck for all!!! ;D

6. ajmacack

ajmacack New Member

Thanks for the suggestion... I will definitely mention it to them... that is IF i get a f2f interview.... gotta keep it all in perspective! :)

7. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

does anyone else find it strange that the interviews would be on a thursday? It seems to me like that would make it really hard for people coming from out of town. last year they were on a sunday. were they during the week in any of the other cities?

Lisa

8. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

i had mine on thursday as well, but on friday have an other interview in other city of the country (they were on Merida and Puebla here in Mexico last time) i dont really now how the choose the day but until i remember here are always during week atleast here...

and dont worry ajmacack im sure u will do it really good ;D

9. That made me so excited, I hope I get a call soon! I could use that this week. Well I guess they won't call on the weekend, but soon hopefully.

10. vader1

vader1 New Member

I juse gave them a flowup e-mail with my phone and cell number so now we wait i hope it comes soon.

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I don't find it all that odd it's on a thursday, last year the interviews were Wednesday in Halifax and Friday in MOntreal...

12. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

thanks for the info guys...i guess the thursday is probably right then, it just seems kind of odd. I'm in the city, but have important classes that day, which of course i will miss, but it makes life a lot more complicated.

13. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

I think they were on a Tuesday in Calgary.

14. How was your interview?

15. brad

brad New Member

Anyone else get a call yet? I was so anxious when i first sent in my resume, but now its been so long its almost like Im not waiting for it anymore, its kinda hard to describe... ANywyas am I the only one worring aout the question "how would you describe Canada to a tourist?" I dont even know where to start with that one, like do they want history? culture? politics? Any ideas, it seems like such a broad question.

16. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I don't think there's any real right answer to that. I really think they are looking to see what you think are the important parts of Canada (thus what you would tell someone to describe it). For one I talked about the diversity of both our nation and our peoples.

17. lululemon

lululemon Member

Hi all!
    Eric from Cast-a-way is one hard fellow to get a hold of...anyways, I just found out that I got accepted for graduate studies in Vancouver for september, so I had to break the news to Cast-a-way that I can't accept a position until 2008 at the earliest...long story short I had to leave a message with cast-a-way on monday and never actually got a phone interview at all...I just wanted to wish everyone good luck in the process! and I am sure that most everyone here will be working as CR's in the very near future, and I will be back every so often to check on everyone's process!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

18. Thats too bad about waiting another year but congratulations on getting accepted for your graduate studies! Good luck! The first two times I called (this was a while ago) I couldn't get a hold of anyone either, I was probably calling during a break or busy times.

I didn't get a call yet, but I'm sure it'll be within the next couple of weeks.

Brad, you could probably pick any one of those areas to talk about. If a question is broad, it's usually for a reason. Haha, if I was supposed to talk about politics, that'd be the end right there! I'd probably talk about history and culture, and how there is so much to do in Canada for everyone. Everyone probably has different things they like about Canada, maybe pick a few things you find interesting - I'm sure a lot of tourists would feel the same way! Try not to worry too much, I'm sure you'll do great!

19. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

anyone else hear anything from cast-a-way yet?????????

20. Nothing here yet....the closer it gets the harder it is to wait! I wish they'd hurry up so I can book a hotel if I end up getting a f2f...They haven't even posted the actual dates yet.