Cdn Face 2 Face October 28th !

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by kate003, Sep 25, 2008.

1. kate003

kate003 New Member

Hey everyone!

So I just got a comfirmation email that I am being interviewed October 28th in Toronto at the Wyndham Hotel Conference Center. Here's the part of the email with the information:

Your interview will be held at:

Wyndham Garden Hotel in Toronto
    185 Yorkland Blvd.
    Toronto, Ontario
    M2J 4R2
    Telephone: 416-493-9000

You will need to arrive at 9:00am as the Disney presentation will start at promptly at 9:30am. After the presentation your interview will be scheduled. You must be prepared to spend the whole day and will be required to dress in professional / business attire.

It is essential that you bring the following items to the interview:

3 Photocopies of your main passport page (picture page/passport number)
    Your Passport
    An up to date copy of your resume
    A black pen to fill out application forms

Who else is interviewing that day? I'm so excited to finally have an interview date!! I'm also pumped to meet you all:) dinner the day before or something?

2. Cicada

Cicada New Member

YAY!!! I just e-mailed Kristen back so hopefully she sends me the confirmation soon so I can book my flight! I'm a little paranoid because I have something for a class that day, but I'm pretty sure its not in-class and my friend can hand it in. Anyone else going to Toronto?

3. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

Hey I also am waiting back to confirm that I will get in for that day. Flying all the way out from Calgary but its worth it! Man I am so excited. I will see u guys there!

4. sarah14

sarah14 New Member

I'll be there and I am ridiculously excited! :D Kate, I think a dinner the evening before would be excellent, and might help to calm the nerves I'll inevitably be suffering from, haha! ;)

5. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

Is there a good chance that we will get in for this Toronto interview? I know a lot of people plan to attend spring interviews. I just am unsure if I should wait until tomorrow to book flight or not.

6. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I'm waiting to book my flight, Kristen is usually pretty fast at replying to e-mails. I don't think I will be able to dinner before hand (though I would love to) I have class until 3:30 on Monday so probably won't get into Toronto until past 7.

7. sarah14

sarah14 New Member

I would wait to book your flight, but if you're allowed till the 30th to reply then I wouldn't think the interviews will fill up THAT fast ... I don't know though. I replied to Kristen's e-mail as soon as I read it, at about eleven o'clock BC time, and when I got home from school she had sent me the confirmation e-mail.

I haven't even started looking at flights yet but I figure I'll probably end up missing my classes on the Monday (kind of too bad since they're my favourite ones!) ... lucky for me I don't have any assignments or tests that week! :)

Aaaaaah I'm excited. :)

8. kate003

kate003 New Member

it does seem kind of wierd it's in the middle of the week. I'm missing a bunch of class to fly home for thanksgiving (surprising my parents!) so i figure what's a day or two more for the interview? haha. Westjet is having some crazy seat sales it seems at the moment, my flights were about 400$ round trip with taxes to van and usually it's around a grand. so at least it shouldn't be too bad a time to have to fly:)

9. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Wow that's cheap! My flights from Thunder Bay cost $350.. and that is flying Air Canada to TO and West Jet back.... but if anyone is flying I would sugest westjet, they are so much nicer than aircanada. though air canada has more flights which is why im flying them

10. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

I am officially booked for Toronto and I will be flying WestJet. My brother is coming out that weekend, and leaving Sunday back to Toronto (where he lives) so I am going with him and than will fly back on Wednesday. missing 3 days of work and everything but totally worth it! I am so excited to meet some of you guys in person, and to go for my actual Walt Disney interview!

11. *Meg_18*

*Meg_18* New Member

Oh WOW!! I'm so excited!!! ;D I think dinner is an awesome idea! We should e-mail everybody with the e-mail chain that Kristen sent us and see if other people want to do the same thing if they are coming to Toronto the night before :)

Did you guys hear about the 'celebration' thing on this site the night we get here? I read to not be surprised if crazy people come knocking on your door! haha!
    I can't wait!!!

12. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

It's called your throw in and yes crazy people come knocking on your door. Though the throw ins having calmed down a bit since I was there and they were banned. And Canada's are nice and friendly compared to some other countries. They are a great time to meet everyone. You will see....

And I am waiting for the spring, I am not a fan of Toronto I will just wait for Van

13. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I'm waiting until Spring too. I don't have the money or time to go all the way there just for 2 days. I'd be fun to make a trip out of it but I can't so I'll just wait till spring. But those of you who go for the interviews keep us posted on how it goes and how long it takes until you find out if you got the job or not and GOOD LUCK!!
    PS. Are any other Vancouver/ West coast people waiting until Spring?

14. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

ya im def waiting till spring.

the money is not exactly flowing in right now, and everything i get i am putting in a little "disney dreams" envelope

15. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

I am moving to Merritt on Monday, so I will be a West Coast / Van area, kinda person. Perhaps we shall have to get together with some others...

16. Irishrower

Irishrower New Member

I'm waiting till the spring too. Sean, when are you going to make your way out to vancouver. We should go for some beers.

17. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

Give me three weeks, end of the month I should be able to stop down there.

18. Irishrower

Irishrower New Member

sounds like an idea!

19. salo35

salo35 New Member

Hey everyone, I am from Alberta and going to Toronto as well. Is anyone staying at the hotel where the interview is?

20. Allison

Allison New Member

Hello Everyone!

I am very much excited to attend the Canadian interviews in Toronto! I am probably like the only person from Saskatchewan, but I honestly can't wait! :D I bet everyone at the interviews are going to be so nice! I am not scared one bit!