Changes in Canada

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Mancia, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Mancia

Mancia New Member

Hey fellow Canadians, Jayne (Hart) Mancia. I was on the program 1998-1999, food & bev. Thought some of you might be interested to hear that Beaver Tails is no longer. Several years ago, the fryer was removed from the cabin and replaced with a pizza-type oven that baked the beaver tails, definitely a healthier option, but not nearly as yummy! Well, now the Tails are gone forever, the cabin still exists, but they are now selling the breadsticks that they serve in Le Cellier along with beverages. Not to mention that the cabin doesn't generally open until late afternoon.
    And for you merchies who remember the boutique and those lovely decoupage figures, as of January, 2005, the boutique will be closing and Kid Cot will be relocated to the Trading Post.

2. ToffeeGrl

ToffeeGrl New Member

Yumm............. I remember Beaver Tails.

Too many good things change at Epcot, and that Millennium Pavillion they spent the whole year working on, turned out to be pretty pathetic!!! Did ya ever see it?

Just hope off-kilter are still kickin'!! Used to love listening to them whilst working on the UK carts!!

3. jojo

jojo New Member

The Booty-Q will look pretty silly with the doors closed all the time. I wonder if something else will be going in there....

Bon Voyage swimming decoupage!

Thanks for the update.

4. Tickee

Tickee New Member

HOW WILL PEOPLE FIND "O'CANADA"!????? OH THE HORROR!!!

5. vistaway

vistaway New Member

6. catwoman

catwoman New Member

NO MORE TAIL???

AND NO MORE BOOTY???

i was the booty-q QUEEN yo (2001-2002) and i wore that tiara with PRIDE!.....those decoupage figures brought joy to my disney world!!! :'(

c ya

*~cat~*

7. Diana

Diana New Member

I would die if they ever got rid of Off Kilter!! I spent 6 long months working the glorious Popcorn Cart and hated the days that they were not there. I know every joke and the words to ALL of the songs. Hey, are they still doing Alive and Summer of '69?? They started '69 about a month or two before I came home.

Diana

8. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Hey Diana,

They were still doing both when I left in August (wow, 6 months ago now!). I didn't completely mind having glow when I could watch the 6pm show...which happened a lot my last few weeks...stupid glow.

Shan

9. Diana

Diana New Member

aw the good ole days of glow... i would have hated that. the canadian pavillion wouldn't be the same without off kilter... here's a pic of off kilter for anyone wanting to know... not the best... had to crop and shrink it alot... but you get the idea...

diana

10. BigRed

BigRed New Member

:eek:

I am soooooo disapointed. I am going back to florida for the first time since leaving in july 02 and since living in the uk was looking forward to eating some tail and purchasing some of mine and catwomens fav decoupage.

Oh the heartbreak

Jan
    (cant believe had to reregister so i could comment)

11. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

I signed Trent's petition! How stupid! What is really so Canadian about the Canadia Pavillion? We have a movie that's older than some cast members, merchandise that isn't so Canadian (Davey Crocket hats? Isn't he American?), and now the loss of the Beavertails....

Whatever, I have anxiety just thinking about how embarrasing that Pavillions is/was.

12. funshine

funshine New Member

Hey everyone, I am currently working in canada. Ya the pavillion is lacking a bit with bt gone and the boutique but it is kicking strong with off kilter and the steak house. Le cellier is now the #1 resturant at wdw. even though oh canada is very old many people love it and go back for seconds. Did you ever see the ghost in the film????
    Anyway, Please dont bring bt back it was such a hassle and they were not selling.
    CANADA ROCKS!!!!!

13. Loriel

Loriel New Member

Just wondering what they plan to put in the boutique, if anything?

Anyone seen Pegs?? ???  ???

LAURA~ :-*

14. funshine

funshine New Member

I havnt heard what they want to do with the butique. Even if they figure it out it wont happen for awhile.

15. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

God it's been so long.....remind me...?

16. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey,

It's at the very end, where you are surronded by forests and your looking up at the screen and you see a shawdow and then it's gone.. it's Creepy!!! :S

Trace