Changes in Canadian ICP program???

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Matt1133, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

So I have heard through the grapevine that the restriction about ICP's only being able to go once or having to wait one full year before applying again has been lifted. I can not confirm this but some of my friends have supposedly received an e-mail stating this (why didn't I get it? maybe they don't love me) :'(
    Now I'm not sure if this is only in Canada or if it is everywhere...
    In any case, this could be a new and exciting development so stay tuned and hopefully we will have more info soon!

2. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Its for the UK too

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Hey Matt, does that mean you're thinking about coming back? Let me know!

4. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I am definitely thinking about coming back... but I think I'd prefer to do the J-1 Academic instead... so we'll see... all I know is I really want to go back!

5. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Cool so is it a possibility/probability for this summer or are you thinking more next year?

6. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Well ideally, it would be this summer and the fall semester, if not then the winter semester and next semester... I'd miss my grad though if that happened. I think either way you will still be there right?

7. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yup June to June for me so either way I'll be there, however it would suck to miss your grad (although if I remember correctly from my grad there last year I think you can defer it and go to a later one?).

But we may have to make a road trip to a Habs game, and/or the Oilers game next year as well if the timing works out

8. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Indeed that would be awesome! Here's hoping it all works out!

9. Jorden

Jorden New Member

For sure man it'd be a good time!

10. KC

KC New Member

I'm trying to get back out there for the summer too... Need me a fix of magic before I go mad!

Jorden, if I get there, we must have some serious Disney Dorkage! I always felt there wasn't half enough of that this summer!

Kev

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I know and I agree! Even if there was enough we certanly missed out on some for sure (I can't think of one park day we had aside from me running into you working lol)

12. impulse

impulse New Member

Man, I wish I had the opportunity to go back again this summer, stupid mCAT! GRRR :-[

It's too bad you're leaving in June Jordan! if it were till August I definitely come down with Matt and get some Disney fix.

Matt, remember the comfy beds at the Beach club? Pure bliss.

13. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Well I'll be there in August, I am returning to florida in June (so I'll be there June 07-June 08). Plus I'm probably going to try to extend that.

14. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

So apparently they retracted their decision and ICPers must still wait one year before they can apply again. :(

15. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Brutal! But I think that was a Visa issue and not Disney correct?

16. Belle*

Belle* New Member

i did the college program last summer, and im going back!

17. KC

KC New Member

Nope, it was always a Disney issue...

They just told us that it was a visa issue so we wouldn't moan *rolls eyes*

KC

18. adjonline

adjonline New Member

:p

19. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

You aren't allowed to go to the East Coast interviews (Canada) this year if you have already done either of the programs =(

Apparently they want new applicants to be able to experience the wonderful lives we had before they got ripped away from us when we got deported :p

~ Jen

20. funshine

funshine New Member

Hi, There are taking old cast members back for the IP program....al you have to do is wait a year after your first contract....I know 3 ppl working back at le cellier on there second contract....dont give up hope it is very possible ;D ;)