Character on ICP?/ICP roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by dopeydons, Mar 13, 2007.

1. dopeydons

dopeydons New Member

Can you be a character on the ICP? Has anyone been a character? For people who have done the ICP before (not just characters) - where did you work and did you enjoy it? I need help on deciding what roles to choose on the form!

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

My friend was a character on the ICP program and two of my friends are this year..
    I also worked in costuming and would say that being a character is probably the best job in disney..The only thing you've really gotta put up with is being in a boiling hot suit for a maximum of 40 minutes in the boiling hot weather! But other than that its all good..
    Other than that most characters are character attendants if they are full time employees with disney..And that is also a really cool role that you can do..Basically you just speak for the characters and look after them and advice them and stuff..

3. dopeydons

dopeydons New Member

That's what I'd be worried about - the heat in the costumes! It would be a great job though ;D

4. disneyrobin

disneyrobin New Member

Hi,

I worked as a character. It was amazing, a real dream job. I am surprised to see that there are people going back to be characters this summer, since last summer there were rumours that they weren't going to allow ICPs to be characters anymore (not that we sucked, I think they just didn't like having to train people for such short contracts). I probably would have applied again if I would have known that we could still work in entertainment!

Robin

5. dopeydons

dopeydons New Member

Can I ask, did you find the heat a big problem in the costumes? I'd really like to be a character but that's what I'd be worried about!

6. disneyrobin

disneyrobin New Member

nah. entertainment is fun.

7. Sara J

Sara J New Member

I'm on entertainment! A character performer from Jun 5th!! Any tips u wna give me??xx

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, don't go, because ull never wana leave! haha..

I worked on the parades with the characters all summer and i loved my job, but would have loved it even more to of been a character..I've never spoken to anyone who doesn't enjoy it..

Alls i can say from working with them all summer is that it gets really really hot in them costumes as you can expect! But yeah, i'd love to go back and be a character..Who knows, i might get round to doing it one day..

9. Sara J

Sara J New Member

Oh Wow!! Im excited now! I'm hoping i'll get used to the heat!! It must be awesome! Really looking forward to it! XXX

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, you did get the luxury of a person that looks after you and as much powerade as you want!

I would have thought they still gave you all the powerade and they definetly give you a person that looks after you..There called Character Attendants..

11. Sara J

Sara J New Member

Hmmm... Powerade! That should keep me going for a while! Do i ever have to be a character attendant, like wen im not working?? Will i ever get a chance to meet ppl in person? x

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Nope, character attendant is a different role..

What do you mean by meet people in person?

13. Sara J

Sara J New Member

Like not in my suit! Will anyone see the real me!! x

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Only when your not in the view of guests! Like when your walking down the tunnel with your head off! haha..

Hope that helps :)

15. Sara J

Sara J New Member

Yeah, that helps thankyou! ur a star!! x

16. LukeW

LukeW New Member

John, will I get free powerade?

17. what job option do you put (operations merch etc) if you want to work in this sector ???

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I believe so..I can't really remember whether character attendants were allowed it..But i imagine if costuming are allowed it free you will be able to as well..

You put entertainment down i think it is as a job sector..Itll say on the form anyway though..

19. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

entertainment to be a character, character assisstant to be one of the helper people, costuming to do what John did (I think?). They're not all mentioned on the official website, but at the interview you get a sheet with about 20 job roles on it and they're on there.