character preformers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by sweetdfergie, Jun 2, 2007.

1. sweetdfergie

sweetdfergie New Member

hey i was just wondering there is an open casting call in toronto and i want to audition i have 10 years of dance experience . I was just wondering if anyone knows how much do you have to weigh and it says you have to be 5'8 but im 5'11 do you think this is ok .

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I'm not sure if the cruise lines are the same as the parks but generally speaking the heights are VERY specific. If they are asking for a specific height they are probably only looking for one specific character. You may be able to audition for a possible call back in the future though.

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

If you go to to http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/index.html it will tell you

I think most costumed performers and face characters are 4'9" - 5'8", but it doesn't specify for dancers. Most dancers have to be able to sing on key and most vocal auditions don't specify height either. If you go on that website it will tell you all the auditions coming up, but more importantly what kinds of profile they are looking for.

I'd love to be one of the show performers, whether character or ensemble...just so long as I can sing! laaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)