Chester Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Cinderella, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hey - is there anyone out there who attended the Chester face to face interview on 15th November? my and my mate have applied and still not heard anything. Although we have had our cards back saying we are being considered :)

Yippppee I am sooo excited just really really wana hear back now - its driving me insane!!! hehe

Come on yummy jobs! we love you!

2. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey,

Welcome to the boards!! I interviewed in London on 12th NOvember and have had my card and am now waiting for a call and its such a nightmare!!!

Theres quite a few of us on here now in the same situation - waitng patiently (yeah right ;D) for a call!!!
    Think theres about 6/7 others here supporting each other through this horrible wait!!!

3. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Cinderella,
    welcome to the boards, everyone on here is really nice and supportive.
    I didn't know they interviewed in Chester as well,
    Good luck, hope you hear Good news soon,
    Marie :)

4. DisneyMichelle

Come to think of it - i didnt realise they had interviews in chester!!! I thought it was just London cardiff Glasgow and Belfast!!!

How many do you think were at the Chester interviews?

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hey welcome 2 the boards

i too am waiting from the london interviews on 12th nov

i didn't know there was a chester interview either, now theres more people who interviewed than i thought!

6. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi all

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
    There was about 60 of us at Chester but that was for the 3 month international college program. I'm sure the one in Belfast was for the year placement - correct me if I'm wrong!
    So hopefully we haven't got as much competition as we think.
    What Disney jobs have u lot all applied for?
    I picked:
    1. Lifeguard
    2. Operations (although there are only 2 jobs for this! They told me in interview)
    3. Merchandise
    4. F&B
    5. Custodial

I came away from the interview all hyped up and I seriously had to calm myself down cos I thought if I don't get accepted - i'll cry! But I am soooo excited just want the call now, I mean how ace will it be!!!

:D

7. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Cinderella,

I think we're mostly applying for the one year program. I know a guy who did the summer program he had a blast! Best of luck with it!

You seem to get a lot more choices for the summer program. Theres just 3 jobs we can apply for, not that i care what i do there!
    Tho my choices are:
    1, HRC
    2, Merchandise
    3, F&B
    Whats everyone elses? :)
    Marie :)

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Oh right, didn't even know there were interviews for the 3 month programme shows how much i know tut.

but as marie said most of us r waitin 4 the year placement.

i only chose the 2 so went@
    1) F&B
    2)Merch

told them i would accept either though hehe

9. DisneyMichelle

I didnt realise they were interviewing for the ICP either!!! Good luck with your application!!

Am pretty sure everyone else on here has applied for the international programme for 1 year! My choices are:
    1) f&b
    2) merch

I dont really know very much about the ICP. Whereabouts do you guys work? Do you get to choose your work location?

Let us know when you hear anything!

10. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi Michelle, Marie and Sara

Ah well there you go - no more competition for you then! I wonder how many people they interviewed for the 3 month placement then?

Its seems really good as you get ur visa for 4 months - work for 3 and go travelling around America for the last month. Then I will be returning to miserable Britain to finish my final year in Uni (That all depends if I get in though!ha)

Erm not to sure on the work location - they said it could be anywhere, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, etc....

and I think we live in the same place as you lot! Although they did mention that under 21s are placed together in halls called 'wells' as alcohol is forbidden and the over 21s are all together!

Either way there are gonna be massive pool parties and such good times - god I hope we all get through, it'll be a blast!

So good luck to you all - keep me updated in how you all get on, only 8 days now until 10th December!! Wohooo :D

11. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Cinderella,
    I was actually going to apply for the college program originally as i didn't know there was a one year one. But im graduating so i couldn't and then they told me about the one year one and i was like thats even better! I'm sure you've got a good chance of getting through as they probably arn't as restricted in terms as numbers since you can work on any park. Jason told me that they were going to Aberdeen to interview about sixty people for the college program the day after Glasgow one year interviews. Good Luck and hopefully everyone on here will get to go next year!

I don't remember my friend who did the college program going through any of this stress im going through! It was like one day he had a face to face and a few weeks later he had the job. He never mentioned a telephone interview.
    Were you guys interviewed by Dru and Julie too? They must be so busy poor things going through all these applications and working their usual jobs to!
    Marie

:) :)

12. DisneyMichelle

Fingers crossed we all get in for this year!! Plenty of parties in the summer if we do!!!! Does the ICP run June-August then?

They mentioned the wellness apts at our interviews too - although I have to say that Im glad IM over 21!! ;D

Just think - this time next week we'll all know if we're going or not!!!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone!!!

Michelle xx

13. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

Did they interview at Chester College? - or was it another location?

14. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Hi everyone!  I was at the Aberdeen interviews for the ICP an although there was meant 2 b about 60 people there was actualy only about 20 - 30 of us there, we started late to see if they would show up but never did! There loss!!  At aberdeen there were 3 interviewers - julie dru and another guy called wayne - he interviewed me he was really nice, ive got my wee card back as well im being considered now just waiting on the phone call! Yea the programme runs june to august - i was told at the interview i would either b leaving 2 or 4th june but there was talk of a may 15th flight 2!!

Fingers crossed - hope we hear soon!!!

Jo
       x

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww wow that sounds good.

good luck to u as well jo, seems they did a few interviews then for the 3 month icp placements.

yeah michelle its alright for u, bein over 21 :p oh well if i get in ill b 21 a few weeks after i said i can leave, and i will hold u 2 buyin me my first legal american drink as well ;) :-*

16. DisneyMichelle

Hey Jo!!

Sounds mad that so many people didnt show up for the interview!!! There muct be something wrong with them!!! ;D

Sara, you wont be in the wellness apts for long dont worry!! Then Ill buy you your first legal drink like i always said i would!!! (If I get there that is!!!)

Good luck everyone - let us all know when you hear!!!!

Michelle xx

17. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hey all,

Yes I was interviewed by Julie at Chester College and Dru was there also. My interview was pretty unformal we ended up talking about tattoo's and horrible some can be - she was lovely, so fingers crossed! Only 4 and half days left now until we all find out! I am so nervous, what IF they do say NO??? Ahh

Wohooo legal drinks all round then and a 21st bday party for Sara yey!We will all have to meet up although I am going to be sooo jealous of u lots out there for a whole year!

Hi Jo did they tell you when your final date for hearing if you have been accepted is? All us lot are waiting until 10th Dec, for the yay or nay. Hopefully one day this week someone will start the topic "I'm in!" then we can all join that - oh I am wishing! Yeh ICP June to August then travelling around american for 4-6 weeks how good?

My name is Gemma by the way......

Love me ;)
    P.S Did u all have a good weekend?

18. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Yea im waiting until the 10th as well so just gonna hang tight and wait!! I'm doing a uni work placement just now though which means that im out every day until 5!!!!! wayne took a note of my mobile number so hopefully they would phone that if they cant get me at my house!

Tell me about it - i got myself out of bed at 4 in the morning to go 2 aberdeen - through snow as well - so i made surely the rest could!

I'll only b 20 when im there (if i get there!!!) so they'll be no drinking for me but i dont care it'd b worth it!

Well 4 days left.........

Jo
    x

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hehe yeah gemma, 21st party sounds good ;)

so ur doin it between uni r u? thats what mine is hopefully as my placement year as im doin a degree in travel & tourism management!

argh 4 days 2 go at the most now

xxx

20. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi Jo - well its only 3 days to go now, I am soooo scared! Its alright that u can't drink becos aparantely u can still get in the clubs its just u have a big black cross on ur hand so u can't drink, but least u can still be there!!

Hi Sara - Bet ur planning your party now I am so excited for you, well done missy!! Well I'm currently on my year out now in Marketing in the NHS in Liverpool so I finish there at end of May and HOPEFULLY start at Disney in June and come back around 20th Sept to start my 3rd year (what a downer that will be!) whilst you lot will have another 8 months left!!! Gutted! My degree is in Business and Information so not entirely relevant but I am cinderella - they gotta give me a job!! please! ha I am getting desperate now! blah

Right count down is on.... 3 days

Think of us in these painful waiting hours
    Love Gem xx