Christmas in Disney Memories.....

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by gempop1, Dec 14, 2004.

1. gempop1

gempop1 New Member

Do you remember Christmas in Disney?
    I spent two christmases there as I had an extention (xmas 99 and xmas 2000). I had to work both CHristmas days but I loved it. There was such a nice atmosphere and we sang carols outside the pub... happy days! This was me at christmas 2000. The only bad thing about christmas in Disney is that I couldn't cook back then so Christmas Dinner was pizza with my roomates!

2. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

aww cute picture!!!!

3. gempop1

gempop1 New Member

Cheers Lizzie! Youth lost..... ;) Did you spend any Christmas's in Disney?

4. T-belle

T-belle New Member

I spent last x-mas there(2003).
    Spent x-mas day at Magic Kingdom and MGM with my room mate, watching all our fav shows, and Fantasmic at night! I miss it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Martine*

5. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

I spent last xmas there (2003) and had the day off with Matt, another UK F&B guy. I ended up volunterring us to cook Christmas dinner and it ended up being a meal for 12. It was really nice though, and I didn't poison anyone! ;D

6. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

I had one of the best Christmas days ever in 2001 - 8/9 UK Merch People were off so we got together and Rog 'Subway' Burgess did Christmas dinner. :)
    Can't believe that was 3 years ago....  I would have loved to have spent another Christmas in Disney

7. ToffeeGrl

ToffeeGrl New Member

I worked Christmas day 98. It was weird that none of the UK Merch shops had any festive music on the day.

Ham and mashed potato for lunch at Oddysea. remember that lovely dining establishment?!

I remember many grumpy guests who were unhappy that they had not been able to get into magic kingdom so had ended up at Epcot!!

I loved the Osbourne spectacle of lights at MGM, that was amazing?!

8. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I think i visited Christmas 98 and tried to get into magic kingdom... were gonna go to epcot but i didn't want to so went to the studios. and we still have those glasses that they gave out to look at the lights with.

8)

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

aw i cant wait to spend xmas day at disney. whether im working or not im sure it'll be a blast!

xxx

10. stefaniewesch

stefaniewesch New Member

Hey gempop1 (sorry don´t know ur real name :) )

u said u got an extention??? So is it actually possible to work as a CR for more than 12 months???

Stef :)

11. Quark

Quark New Member

It's generally possible, but depends entirely on the current situation at the pavilion. There was no chance in Germany while I was there, and even if you could extend, they recently made the decision not to extend anyone in service. Of course only after they had made that mistake with others, which resulted us being in service for only one month. And as soon as there's a new manager, it might change again. But right now, I wouldn't get my hopes up - and if you CAN'T extend in service, you probably won't want to anyway.
    The visa recently was changed as well I believe. You used to have 15 months of visa, now you only have 12 I think. That's the reason why you could extend for up to three months - which isn't that much to begin with. With all the people they knew about to go home at the time, very few people were in the mood for an extension.
    I hear it's even possible to do the program twice, returning for Guest relations. But again, this seems to be very erratic. Depends on your relationship with the managers, your instistance and the current situation I suppose. I would NEVER want to do the program again - that year was great, but it just wouldn't be the same again. I think it all depends on the people you are working with, but it's a personal thing I suppose. I would kind of feel guilty working there again and would probably refuse to become friends with anyone...

12. robynchic

robynchic New Member

I spent Christmas 2003 working two shifts...two seperate parades. In two different parks...7:24 am to 12:18 am.