Christmas season, what kind of hours?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by WdwJo, Jan 1, 2005.

1. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Hey guys :D For those of you who worked this Christmas season, how often did you work? My parents and I are just trying to schedule a possible time for them to come and visit me and we were wondering when would be best. Would I even see them very much during that time of the year?
    Thanks for the input.
    Jo :D

2. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Hey!

I worked there last Christmas (2003) and was in Merch too. My family came on Boxing Day (but like anyone else who was there when I was will tell you...they were there all the time!!!!) and I barely got to see them. I was working 10 hour days and it was really hard. My suggestion would be for them to come at the beginning of December because all of the Christmas decorations are already up and hotels are relatively cheap and the parks are pretty dead. It's nice to have family there over Christmas but I found it hard to see them. I basically only saw them at night because I stayed with them in the hotel. Maybe someone there this year has more input...

Shan

3. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Thanks Shan :) The problem is, they're both at work in early Decemeber. So time is limited in terms of holidays. I appreciate your help, I had heard in the past that you work very long days around that time of year. It would suck if they came all that way to spend time with me and I wouldn't even be able to see them.
    Jo :D

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

I've been wondering that as well Jo, as my family too were planning on coming out for xmas time or round about, as well as in september, can c i'm going to see more of them once im in the US than i do while im at home in the UK haha

xxx

5. T-belle

T-belle New Member

i wouldn't advice you to have them visiting around x-mas time.......last xmas(2003) i worked 8-10hour days, 6 days per week...... (New years eve i worked from 8:00am until 1:30 am.......17.5HOURS!)
    My family came just before easter, it was really calm in the parks, it was nice and hot(december can get quite cold), hardly no rain(storm season starts june 1st) and i got to spend lots of time with them...

But if they are set on coing at x-mas time, i would agree with early dec.......

but that's just my thougths:)

Martine

6. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

I've heard that the parks really quiet down after the US thanksgiving up until the week before Christmas. I think my family is planning on coming down at the beginning of December. It's sort of like Christmas because all the decorations will be up. I am expecting to work crazy hours during the week of Christmas, so that time didn't even get discussed as an option.

Sandra :)

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I cant see christmas week really being an option for seeing much of any visitors you have!!

I remember in the presentation that Julie said we would be working crazy hours at that time of year!!

Michelle xx

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah she did michelle thats y i advised my parents 2 stay @ home 4 xmas cos ill b workin or enjoyin meself. when they comin out in sept anyway they mite as well wait til march 2 come visit if they wanna visit again

xxx

9. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yeah Christmas time is kind of a mad time. You work long hours and tend to have only 1 day off a week. If you do get the special days such as Xmas day (I was one of 2 people I hung around with to get this day) you can't actually go in to the parks as there is a block on ids and maingates and you feel like you have to do something like cook christmas dinner for your friends that are working. My parents came over in November, just after the xmas things started and that was nice, but if they definately want to come over at xmas time, book your 2 regular days off as soon as you get there for all the time in Christmas. This way you can try to make sure you get some days off, but the main holiday days are blacked out so bare this in mind

10. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I think Id prefer to be working on Xmas day. If so few get the day off I think Id feel a bit redundant being stuck without nothing to do - think thats when Id miss home.

If I was working with friends and guests all around me I think id have a better day - but who knows - guess we'll see later this year!!!