cinema/movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan7, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I've been working at a cinema for nearly 3 years now, so I'm pretty into movies and stuff. The ABC Theatre at Westside is really nice, I'll be going there a lot if I get my CRP place.

This is just a thread for general movie chat, upcoming releases, etc. Any questions ask away.

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Which movie theatre do you work at?
    I worked at a Famous Players/Cineplex Odeon (in Canada) for the better part of 4 years. The AMC theatre is a nice place to see a movie. In Edmonton where I live, there is a cinema that has a fire breathing dragon hanging from the roof!

As for upcoming movies, I want to see Earth. It is a Disneynature film coming out on April 22!

3. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Its a Vue cinema. The Disneynature films look awesome, although we don't get them over here in the UK as early as the US. Itl be more like late 09 or early 10. For instance Up is out May 29 in US and not til October over here. Can't wait til Toy Story and 2 in 3D and ofcourse number 3 next year!

4. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

I want to see Earth too so bad!

5. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I know! Did you see the trailer with the cute little duck that falls out of the tree, but then just bounces on the leaves and goes on his way?

Can't say I've heard of Vue cinema before, but I guess I've only been to the UK for a couple of hours on the way to Paris. Toy story 3 should be amazing! I'm glad Disney and pixar are back together. Hooray for Bob Iger!

6. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

John Lasseter is an absolute genius. Vue is a relatively new company, Odeon take the majority market share and its always a scrap between us and Cineworld for 2nd place lol. We have 83 (I think) cinemas in UK/Ireland.

I saw a preview for Earth in November, I went to a presentation of Bolt 3D by the Disney Marketing Team, where they also presented products coming out through to early 2010. Got some free DVDs in a Disney goody bag :)

7. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

He is! Odeon is just a big cash cow eh? The theatre I originally worked for got bought out by them and they actually had to sell off a number of theatres, including mine, just so they wouldn't have a monopoly.

There are a number of movies I want to see that are coming out soon... just can't remember what they are right now lol.

I did just rent Swing Vote yesterday. It was really good, I quite enjoyed it!

8. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Vue bought out Warner Village. Released here soon(ish) are Monsters v Aliens, Star Trek, Terminator:Salvation, Transformers 2 and Up!

9. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I thought that duck in the tree was a cuckoo maybe? I can't wait to see Earth either! I've seen a fair few films recently. Slumdog Millionaire, Benjamin Button and Young Victoria most recently... all very very good!!!

10. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I saw Slumdog Millionaire on Friday and Loved it! It made me believe in love again.

11. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I'd like to see that movie. I actually hadn't heard about it until the Oscars... :-[

Maybe it was a cuckoo? I'm not familiar with the types of birds. But it was cool how it just bounced off the ground.

Another movie that I can't wait for is Camp Rock 2!!!

12. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Neither had I, but I think it deserved to win all of those awards.

They are making a Camp Rock 2!? I need to rewatch the first one, I only half paid attention when it was on.

13. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I'll hafta go rent it when it comes out on DVD.

I think it's supposed to come out in June! Not too many of my friends enjoyed it, but I loved it! It is the essence of cheesiness, but who said that's a bad thing?

14. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of it. But like I said I was only half paying attention and I missed the last bit. But people on here have said some good things so I will give it another try. The girl I tutor told me on Friday that if I see the Jonas brothers when I am in Florida I should say hi to them for her. lol. kids are cute

15. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

Slumdog was something amazing!!!!

i need to see it again cos there is so much to take in!!

I really want to see the reader!!

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that she has a huge crush on Nick Jonas...

JB is awesome though. I wish I could be a JoBro... lol

17. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Oo I want to see the Reader too. I also want to see Doubt with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Merryl Streep. I would suggest that another really good movie to see is Changeling with Angelina Jolie. It is intense but really well done.

I don't know if she does, but she is 10 so there is a good possibility

18. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

Matty stop talking up Camp ROck... you KNOW it was lame! lol

I have three words for you... wait no... five words for you... wait no... SIX words for you...

Joe Jonas... tight white pants... ick! ahahahahahahahahaha

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

muuuuuuuuusic's in my soul...
    can't believe i remember that

20. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Whatever, you KNOW you all secretly love that movie. :p

Although I'm not entirely sure about the tight pants, and I don't agree with Joe's decision to split with Taylor Swift. But I still like the Jonas Brothers nonetheless!

Everyday, and everynight, it's the one thing on my mind!!!!! Yeah!