Cleaning the room

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by PlanetD, May 30, 2006.

1. PlanetD

PlanetD Member

Just so that you know...I am the strangest creature! I am a neat freak, but my room at home is a pigstine! So I started thinking how clean I would like everything to be in my Disney appartment ;D . I know, I know, keep dreaming...right? ::) Guys aren't the neatest people on the planet so chances are that the room will be a mess before you can say "Bob's your uncle"! (me = likely 2 be guilty too!)

I asume that we are responsible for keeping our own room tidy. Does anybody have any clue if there are cleaning scheduels or that you have to make one yourself? I do not expect a maid to walk in every day, I imagine after visiting three guy dorms she'll just run out of the building screaming her head of in dispair ;D .

And how about cleaning products, we need to buy that ourselves too right? Or does Disney have certain requirements when it comes to cleaning products?

Something else that is interesting. I've found this website from a former CP castmember yesterday and I found that there are some restrictions to creating mess and mayhemm :D . What are they? At least I now know they have a vacuum cleaner in the room, that is good!

So tell me about the Disney cleaning drill, I am curious!

2. Dannii

Dannii New Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... I think I remember there is every 3 month apartment inspection... They come and check the apartment, if ther are things that need to be fixed, how the bath room looks like, no things laying on the floor. If something is wrong they let u know by leaving a message. they give u the chance to fix it and sometimes they do check a second time... There are no cleaning schedules, not until u work something out with your roomies... Some of my roomies did never clean, especially not the kitchen, that's something that drove me crazy.. Usually we left messages for each other to keep the kitchen clean, or that someone should vacuum the livingroom. Not to mention that always the same ppl cleaned....

About your room. When I cam over I was the "typical german", but things have changed.... I had things laying all over, everything got mixed up with things from my roomie and once a week we fixed everything, tidied up and cleaned... Back home I am like before. No mess, I cannot stand it!....

Hope you can work out your "mess" :D

Dani

3. chezza

chezza New Member

this is music to my ears! i love cleaning up as its relaxing and makes me happy!haha, the sad thing is im actually not kiddin!

4. Charlote

Charlote New Member

I will clean when i'm in the mood i like things tidy and neat but thats my own things because i've only ever really had to contend to my own mess, but if its my roommates mess too they could have an unwanted surprise if they wake up one morning and the place is spotless and things are put away!
    Put it this way i went round a friends and she fell asleep and i couldn't (i have a weird thing about sleeping in others houses) and her room was a mess so while she slept in the middle of the night i cleaned and put everything back into the right place, i even went as far as coordinating her clothes and shoes and then the bags and then the nail polish!!!!!
    I know i'm sad! lol

5. chezza

chezza New Member

omg thats what i do!!! all bottles are in size order n so on!!! lol

6. Charlote

Charlote New Member

yeah! we will have to stick together!
    My dad says that he thinks i might have OCD or ADD! I hope hes joking lol :D

7. chezza

chezza New Member

hehe, we prob do!!! wen u goin to disney? i go in 5 days!!!

8. PlanetD

PlanetD Member

Can people hire you guys to help clean up!? Hahaha :D

That would be great, you can teach me a thing or two!

Did you notice that it is girls reacting and wanting stuff clean. I must say that it is funny.

Guys are no cleanliness creatures. But by all means do give a cleaning seminar to us guys. Very usefull! :)

9. Charlote

Charlote New Member

Chezza i leave on the 8th August so you will already be out there and have the hang of things and have everyone on a cleaning rota by the time i get there!
    You can hire me but i'm not cheap!!! :D

10. chezza

chezza New Member

lol sure thing!!! i shudda applied to be a chambermaid!!!!!

11. AlexHope

AlexHope New Member

I like washing the dishes...
    ...keep the kitchen and the leaving room clean..
    ...but I hate wash the floor and epacially clean up the bathroom!!!
    Girls please help me!!!
    I'll arrive on august 8th....
    ..so Charlote u can teach me...
    I promised myself I have to learn how to iron before I leave...
    ...will I be able to do it?? LOL

12. AlexHope

AlexHope New Member

Guys I know it may sounds stupid...
    ...but...
    does anyone have a detailed picture of how kitchen looks like??
    I'd really like to know if there's a traditional oven or just a micro-wave one!
    Cheers!

13. Ona

Ona Member

Alex, there is both a conventional oven & hob and a microwave. ;)

Not that I ever used either! ;D Lol. Sooooooooo canny cook! :D

Ona x

14. PlanetD

PlanetD Member

Haha...well I'm not a kitchen genius either, but I sure hope to cook and make sure my diet will be nutritious! ;D

The closest thing I could find to peeking into our living environment there was this.
    Don't recall clear pictures of ovens and microwaves though.

15. PlanetD

PlanetD Member

Ah! In one of them I can see both a microwave and an oven.

Good to know!

Butehm...I do not know if the microwave is a combi one that also has oven functions on it.
    Hard to tell from a picture. ;D

16. Ona

Ona Member

hmmmm....... lived there 13 months and sooooooooooo couldn't tell you. ;D

Ona x

17. kerrbear

kerrbear New Member

ok im concerened now :( ... planet D,I was looking at the living area picture in chatham square on that site you put with the pictures and there was a bed in the living room.... do people have to sleep in the living room? man that would be crap!... if ne one has any knowlege on this please help me coz im scared... i dont want to sleep in a living room ... people sit there! ahh

18. JaneLB

JaneLB New Member

I'm positive you will not have to sleep in the living room, so don't worry about it :).

19. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, ya, its definitely hard to get everyone to pull their weight with cleaning. So.... if anyone wants to help us out... we'll let you watch our T.V? that's the best I can offer. :p

Our oven is pretty old school, but its like any other one. Our microwave is pretty new though... I'm not sure what you mean by having oven functions, but it does what other microwaves do, heat up, defrost, whatever

And no one should be sleeping in the living room... unless they feel like it since the couch is probly more comfortable than the bed!

20. Charlote

Charlote New Member

you might have to offer more than that seeing as every apartment has a TV!! ;)