College Programme June 2005

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Claire, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Claire

Claire New Member

Hey everyone,

i'm just wondering who else out there is doing the college programme and gonna be out there the same time as me!

Am reading and joining in with other message boards and then realising half the people on there aren't leaving until sept 05 or dec 05 and we will have gone by then!

Just would be cool to get to know some people before we get out there that's all!!

I'm leaving June 6th!

Claire xx

2. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi Claire,

I am also on the college program, flying from Manchester on 6th June to be a lifeguard.

Where are you flying from and to do what job?
    I can't wait its 8 weeks on monday :O)

Where was ur interview?

Gemma x

3. Claire

Claire New Member

I fly out from Gatwick (or Heathrow....can't actually remember!) on June 6th as well...i'm working in f&b!

i can't believe it's 8 weeks monday....mental how quickly time flies!

what uni u in then?

my interview was in Swansea....i'm in Swansea uni doing pyschology and welsh....very uninteresting i know! x

4. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi Hun,

haha thought i was dumb!! LOL what time is ur flight then mine is at 12.35 so will get into Orlando about 7.30... that first nite is gonna be a bit mad :eek:

I'm from North Wales, but go to Liverpool John Moores uni, oh welsh... bore da, diolch! that's about all I know, teribble!!

My interview was in Chester, didn't realise they were interviewing in Swansea, do u know anyone else going to florida then? i've added you to my msn - hope that was ok :)

Gem x

5. Gem

Gem New Member

Hi Claire

HELLO im going on the college programme too on June 6th like Gem (this is gonna get confusin lol) but also going from Manchester but no doubt we'll all be on the same bus going to our new home!!! I'm working in merch and omg cannot wait lol

Gem xXx

6. Claire

Claire New Member

hi Gem,

So how old are you? you gonna be joining me and Gemma on our getting pissed bandwagon?! we're getting on a bit....although i'm not quite as old as gemmas 21! haha! only joking!

So what uni u in then? what course u doing? x

7. smiler

smiler New Member

hiya im Annika n Im going out June 6th aswell!! Flying from Manchester at 9.40 n doing F&B! How quickly has the past few weeks gone by the way!! This next 8 weeks is guna fly by seeing how ive gotta do 2 4,000 word assignments!! GET IN THERE :eek: lol!!
    I go to northumbria uni by the way n do Travel n tourism management!!

Luv Annika x

8. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Hey guys

I'm Jo and i'm flying out 31st may to work in f&b - cannot wait!!!

x

9. feeona

feeona New Member

Hiya, Im fiona. Im heading out on the 6th June, from Manchester also. Im doing operations.

Even though im at manchester uni i had my interview down in swansea as they werent doing a chester interview when i applied.

I cant believe we have 8 weeks left on monday! I remember writing my application out in september 2004 and it has flown by. We had to drive to manchester airport the other day and that was when it hit me, that 8 weeks from now i will be there with my own luggage sayin goodbye to my family and gettin on a plane, leaving for three months. Its exciting but the reality of it is just overwhelming.

10. Jo Wales

Jo Wales New Member

Hey Im Jodie (frm Wales, if u wudnt av guessed) ,
    Im also flying out on the 6th to do merchandise! cant wait now!!

I just have a question for everyone, did you all except the flights off yummy jobs or did you get your own?

hope 2 hear from u all soon

11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

hey!

i didnt htink we were alouwed to get own flight!! if i knew i wud of went with virgin atlantic as of the direct flight Not at all because of the goodie bag lol..)

xxxxxx

were in wales u from?

12. screamf1

screamf1 New Member

I went down to London to get my Visa, and it suddenly struck me what i was actually doing, that in eight weeks time i'll be working in Disney. I cant wait, but i'm dreading the saying bye bit at the airport. But i know that once i'm on the plane i'll be fine!

Has anyone else started to pack their bags?? I have a box that i'm putting everything in that i see and need to take, hope it all fits! Also have a very long list of things. If anyone likes their cups of tea i suggest taking tea bags, as the ones in America aren't that good! i also take a bottle of orange cordial for when i'm sick of drinking coke all day!

Speak/See you all soon,
    Sarah xx ;D

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

hey sarah,
    is ur visa all sorted??

yaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have packed¬!!!!!!!!!i packed yonks ago!.lol!!!!!!!!i know crazy ey!!
    well its a;ll so exciting!!!!!!!//

umm yes i understand about the teabags!!! lipton are quit nice tho!..
    cant wait for flordia orange juice. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

xxxx
    p.s! i dislike coke.... ;D :D just thought id pop that in !!!!!!!!

natxx

14. screamf1

screamf1 New Member

Yep, visa is sorted, should be here by Monday.
    I've finally got my ticker thing sorted, just taken me half an hour!!!

Florida Orange is nice too!! :)

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

glad ur visa is sorted!!! ;D
    yeah gotta love florida orange juice!! :)

yeah nice ticker!!!! took me yonks to do mine!!and i had to get help..heehee....plus i made a major error by having the moving thing the same image as the other..... :D

so u cant really see the ticker on mine ..

xxxx

16. Claire

Claire New Member

guys...how do you do the ticker thing? i have no clue....and am really frustrated by it coz i'm usually good at computers!!! gutted!

Jodie where abouts in Wales you from?

Yummy pretty much sorted my flights....i got a few quotes of my own to compare, but did it through them!

My visas also sorted now! so all i have left to do is pack! woohoo!

You all got your insurance? did you get the one Yummy suggested? it's very expensive....so try STA travel if you haven't!

Will be bringing LOADS of teabags! i can't live without tea although i'm not sure if i'll want it in the florida heat!

Annika i'm doing F&B too....who else is? there seems to be loads of lifeguards around!

Feeona did you have your interview in Swansea Institute? would have been there same time as me if you did!! madness!

Glad there's loads of people writing....but one question....are there any blokes on this scheme?!!! xx

17. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

feeona!!!i was at swansea interview-thats where i study!!!!!!!!

no i havnt done in`surance yet,im gunna have to soon as!!!!!!!1tho thanx for advice claire ill check it out...
    rite for the ticker click on my ticker then choose ur own.set the time and date and everything then copy and paste the URL into ur profile ,insert it into ur signature box.

if my instructions where wrong,check out general discussionw her theres a thread! Tania was the expert who hhelped me.. :)

yeah check out the bikin thread ,there bound to be there ;)

see you soon
    nat
    xx

18. smiler

smiler New Member

I think theres a few other people doing f&b but i cant rememeber now cos Ive read that many peoples posts saying what they r doing!!!
    u excited? silly question!! the only thing is Im dying to know what park Im gona be in n what Il be doing!!!

question: do we need travel insurance to cover the 3 months we r there n then medical insurance aswell? does the travel insurance not cover medical aswell! help!!! im confuzzled!!

Annika x

19. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

hello.

dont be confused ;D,u just get insurance it covers mediacal ( ithink!!!!!!!!!!! *ringing parents to be sure * ;))
    yeah im excited I really wanna know what park i will be in!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

i havnt got my insurance yet!will have to soon tho.

xxxxxx :)

20. Lorraine

Lorraine New Member

Hi Claire,
    Im Lorraine Im flying out on June 6th from Dublin to do F&B aswell am well excited..... hi gemma 2 we all have to meet up again before we break for the summer all da JMU students who are going..... Cant believe it the time is flying the next thing we'll know we will be there!!!!!! Fee you have a good St paddy's day sen you photo you looked like you were enjoying youself anyway x