confused about housing!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Nickie Mouse, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

iv been reading all the housing threads and im confused! is it only crp people who are definatly split into groups where they will live with other nationalities? im on j1 if i arrive with 5 people what are the chances of us 6 just being housed together? also which accomodations do they normally use to house j1 academic program students? any info is great cus i wud hate to have to go live with 5 people who have already been there a while so my fingers are crossed that all my roomies will be new like me!

2. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

You will be placed in open spots. Everyone lives with Everyone. If there is an entirely open Apartment you will all be new!

CRP People live in one complex (the Commons)

College/Career Start People are placed into Chatham/Vista or Treehouse. You may not be with all new people, you could be placed in a room with existing participants.

Hope this helps!

3. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

We'll fight for an apartment together Nickie, so we can put a sign saying Queen b itches over the door.xxx

4. louise

louise New Member

I would think the chances of all 6 of you being housed together is slim. Last year I lived with 3 people who all arrived on the same flight so some of you might be together. We all arrived on the same day and were from the same country. But then there were some people who were put into existing flats. It's luck basically.

Also flats are single sex so unless all 6 of you are the same sex then theres no chance you will be housed together.

5. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

Cant wait to share with other nationalities, how many people do you share you bedroom with and how many people live's in your flat, i mean its not like you'll all be fighting for the batroom at the same time, is it?

6. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Oh . I thought the apartments were mixed but the bedroom dorms were single sex. NM.

7. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

Sorry Guys...no guys and girls in the same apartments!

And you can't hang anything on the outsides of your doors!

8. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

Damm. thats a shame!! :p

9. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

You share a room with one person, and apartments vary from 2 people to 8 people. (1-4 bedrooms)

10. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Yawn, rules!

11. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

oh ok then, that sounds alright then, thanks that, acutally one other question i'll be arriving on Tuesday, will I be starting the traditions on wednesday, or do we get a day off to recover from jet lag?

12. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

You will have meetings wednesday Thursday (I think Friday off) and then Traditions is on Saturday where you'll get the rest of your schedule

13. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

jeezuz they like their rules dont they? i thought it was mixed apartments and single sex rooms ugh i hate living with girls!

14. louise

louise New Member

It's disney. Lots and lots of rules. Have you read the disney look book?

Also in the first couple of days you will have early starts but the meetings and stuff are mainly half days so you'll have time to rest.

15. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

And let me tell you...Disney stick to their rules! You may think you can get around them, but there's always someone watching you and they'll fire you on the spot (well sometimes) if they can prove you did something wrong...

for example...

underage drinking,
    physical contact (one of my friends got term'd because his roomate was being really nasty about his girlfriend...and my friend shoved him)
    taking too many days off sick/personal days
    you're whole apartment can be term'd for having alcohol in it (obviously just wellness ones) unless someone owns up

ah there are so many things, and yes people do get away with them...but it's better to be safe then sorry...you don't want to pay all that money to go to Orlando just to be term'd within a few weeks of being there.

16. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

mmmm, intresting, but i really cant wait till we get our first day off, as ive never been to disney before, i dont know ehre to go first, maybe magic kingdom, cant wait!!! Like a big kid!!

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, disney is really really strict! They have to be though, they can't have anyone spoiling the dream..

Also there a massive company and they can't afford to have there reputation dented even slightly..

As for the apartments, the blocks are mixed but the apartments are single sex!

For instance there could be a girls flat and a lads flight nextdoor to each other! And from what i saw this was the case in most instances!

18. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

so the cultural rep program people like me in UK pavilion are in the commons?

wat r they like?

i've only seen the pics in the albums page

19. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, you'll be living in the commons..

I've never actually been in the apartments, but from the outside they seem really nice..From what i've seen on pictures and stuff they seem alot like chatham, which is where i stayed last year and that was really really nice..

20. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member