Congrats to everyone from the Calgary/Vancouver Interview

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Tazzy, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

I believe everyone got contacted by now and I congrat everyone that got dates. For those who haven't who didn't get any leaving dates. Well, don't give up and keep on trying.

As for me, I didn't make it unfortunately and I been put on the "maybe" list. This was the third time I applied to the program and it's been a frustrating road. Am I going to re-apply in the spring, well that will depend how my chat with Eric goes tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone that is going. :)

Gary

2. Lady

Lady New Member

Gary, that really sucks. I was totally looking forward to getting to finally meet you in Florida. I don't understand what's going on! What exactly does "maybe" mean? Did Eric call you or just email you like he did Scott? Let us know how your conversation with him goes tomorrow. It seems strange that they told us that tere were so many positions open and only 2 of us have got good news. I think that the people on this site are more qualified than anyone. Anyway, I'm really sorry and definately keep us posted.

Chelsea

3. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Chelsea,

He emailed me actually. Basically it said that there were no positions available and they would contact me if they find a position suitable for me in the future..So that what I meant by being put on the "maybe list".

Gary

4. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

lol!

He sent me that same email.

I bet if I copy and paste it and send mine to you, you will have the exact some carbon copy email I got...with your name instead of mine.

Nice.

Well once again congrats to you girls, especially the ones i met in Calgary..you guys deserve it.

Make me proud and show them how fun you all are, and how much you can drink. :p

Except you joss...drink water and tell them its vodka..your too much of a light weight when it comes to drinking. :p

love y'all :)

5. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

oooh lil scott .. its true so very true.. you are going to have to come out here again thats final just to party again :) im still really upset you didnt get in.. i dont understand it

6. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Guys!
    I havn't gotten any e-mail, nor letter nor phone call what does that mean? Have they picked people for merch yet? Cause thats what I went for??? I heard nobody has been contacted from Vancouver interviews yet.

Trace

7. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Trace,

I went to the Vancouver interview and got the email from Eric yesterday. You might want to give him a call to see whats up.

Gary

8. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Well guys, yea i dont know whats going on....It makes me wonder. I called Eric today to find out just why I didnt get in. As long as I know what I did wrong I will fine, from here on. Everyone seems to want to know what the e-mail says: here it is

Thank you for your interest in Walt Disney World and Cast-A-Way. We appreciated your attendance at our recent presentation. Unfortunately we are unable to offer you anything at this time. If Cast-a-way feels you would be suited for any other positions in the near future, we will be in contact with you.

Thank you again for your enthusiasm. We are glad we had the opportunity to meet and speak with you.

Sincerely,

Eric Theriault

Director of Human Resources
    Cast-A-Way

So thats the generic e-mail you will get if you dont get the job

Congrats for the ones that did get in

Jordana

9. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

yeah, that's the same generic email that I got lol

10. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

hahaha...thats it alright.

11. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

hahah i know like call and just confirm rather then sending an e-mail, which may me more mad then anything since they said that they would calling reagarless

Jordana 8)

12. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Yeah I know, I been through this with Castaway before, I was really surprise Eric email this time. Now I'm wondering how we are going to find out in the future wheather we are on the waiting list or not....and there is a way btw lol

Gary

13. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

hmmm it just seems strange to me, cause there are a lot of people who block junk mail, or anything from not there normal e-mails!! Like I really think this is the most un proffetionall thing they could have done!!! I Wonder why they took this way. Like for me I block all junk mail, so I may have gotten a e-mail and not known!! :S

Trace

14. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Well, I just got off the phone with Eric and we had a good long chat. Unfortunately, Castaway doesn't have much control who gets the position. But this is what I know, who ever doesn't get in are put on the waiting list in case a position becomes available. This would be the case at least until the next round of interviews which would be the Toronto interviews (Probably in March) so I would say our resumes would be on file with Disney in Florida until I would say January or February of 05. So for those who got that email, don't lose hope, You still might be called. Just keep your fingers cross :)

Gary

15. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Gary!

Does that mean that everybody who was getting a call got a call already?? OR there not done yet?

Trace

16. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Hiya Trace,

Well, I think it's safe to say that all the positions are full. I don't believe they (Disney) would have Eric send out emails saying there's no positions available if there were still available. Honestly Trace, if I were you, I would call Eric and find out whats going on because most of us already got our answers.

Gary

17. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Gary!!

There are about 10 of us that are in the same boat, that all havn't gotten nothing yet.. and im not going to call yet, Cause Eric told us to call December 17 if we hadn't heard anything.. so im not going to be pushy about it yet!! lol, Im going to wait!!! but thanks anyway

18. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Gary, no, quite a few of us have heard nothing at all....including myself. We're on to week 4 now, I don't know how much longer of this I can take, I want to know now!

19. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Hmmm, this is kinda strange for them to keep you guys waiting when the people who didn't make it got their answer (including me). Seems strange because if they are still trying to decide who gets in then they shouldn't of sent people like me emails saying that there's no positions available.

oh well... WdwJo, good luck I hope you hear soon!

Gary

20. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Thanks, Gary :) It is strange, oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see.