Costume and Disney Look Off-duty

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by CanadianPrinceton, Oct 18, 2012.

1. CanadianPrinceton

CanadianPrinceton New Member

Hopefully there's a few of you lurking round these parts who can answer;

-At Castaway Cay, are those black sandals absolutely necessary? Have people gotten away with wearing the white trainers? I wear insoles with everything because of my foot shape so sandals and flipflops/thongs are the most painful thing in life for me after an hour.

-I also wonder if we're allowed to wear pants at Castaway Cay? Or is everyone expected to wear the shorts?

-Annnnnnnnd lastly, when we're off-duty but onstage in guest areas - do you think they consider plaid shirts to be too casual?

2. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

What department are you working in?

In YA you are supposed to wear black sandals unless you can prove there is a reason you need to wear trainers. I know people who have worn trainers because they need to but it sucks when your working at the snorkel beach and can't wade about in the water, or you get water and sand in them!

There are waterproof trousers you can wear on Castaway for YA...same material as the shorts. I'm not sure for other deparments but I'm pretty sure they have trouser options too from what I can remember.

3. CanadianPrinceton

CanadianPrinceton New Member

Oh you're fantastic! Thanks for the pointers :)

I suppose I did forget to mention that I'm YA :p